Coach Hugh Freeze

bishoptf

4 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Step down? And leave millions on t h e table

If Hugh ain’t coaching to win he sure as hell shouldn’t take his salary this year . 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Hugh is that you?? I get what you are saying.

throwing games due to recruiting is bull s***. Giving up on your current roster to recruit is bull s***. This team should have been prepared and came to play. You know it and I know it. Quit the give it time bull s***. How about show some intensity on the sideline? How bout get the team fired up? He has admitted to not giving two sh**s about this team. 

That's because dude has, and has always had, character issues.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

ESD was 10 days ago. I know he’s still recruiting but not at the level he was leading up to ESD. Are some of you saying he’s still so busy with recruiting he couldn’t spend any of these past 10 days prepping for the bowl game?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

Just want to re-emphasize that it's pathetic to hang your current roster out to dry, tell them and the media constantly that they're not good enough, and then not even coach them and focus solely on recruiting. Then do it again for the bowl game.

Say what you will about HF, the roster, the team, etc. I think it's a low character move.

You are 100% correct. What about the guys that have stuck it out? He took a crap on em . 

So, I guess the obvious question after crapping the bed vs Maryland is --

Is CHF really CGM2. Because the team certainly was not prepared to play the Terps.

5 hours ago, bishoptf said:

I am grateful that CHF has a good recruiting class coming in and next year looks better but someone, anyone please tell me how he is going to be any better at the coaching part. I'm sorry but the NMSU game and  the bowl game against Maryland along with most of the other games have just been hot garbage. Nothing I have seen this year on the field gives me any confidence that he is going to be able to get us back to the point that we want to be...I'm not a hater and have nothing against freeze but I just don't see how we are going to be that much better next year based on what I have been seeing this year....

it all starts from our qb/wr  issues ....  hopefully we get  brown- white  duo and 5* wr  tios will change it,  plus we will have  2 great  dc,  but  we  need a better oc

3 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

ESD was 10 days ago. I know he’s still recruiting but not at the level he was leading up to ESD. Are some of you saying he’s still so busy with recruiting he couldn’t spend any of these past 10 days prepping for the bowl game?

Yep Freeze checked out of this game and the players did too.

He is not a gameday coach or strong decision maker. Smart maybe, strong leader. No

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AURex said:

So, I guess the obvious question after crapping the bed vs Maryland is --

Is CHF really CGM2. Because the team certainly was not prepared to play the Terps.

And the coach admitted that. Ronnie Brown sideline reporter said there was no motivation, concern or caring on the sideline.

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Hugh is that you?? I get what you are saying.

throwing games due to recruiting is bull s***. Giving up on your current roster to recruit is bull s***. This team should have been prepared and came to play. You know it and I know it. Quit the give it time bull s***. How about show some intensity on the sideline? How bout get the team fired up? He has admitted to not giving two sh**s about this team. 

BS.

Calm down: Half of yall sound like turd trolls here. 

It is one f'in year with a team with limited talent.
Come back in year 3 and tell us you were correct. 

I have hated this year. I cant stand to lose, but I know we don't have a half-talented team at this moment and will likely get upgrades on Coordinators as well.

Half this board is running around with its hair on fire...

image.png

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 2

5 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

one f'in year with a team with limited talent

What I think is so ridiculous about those who use this point to justify the poor performance this season is that we had NMSU come into town and show Freeze (for two consecutive years btw) what good game planning and motivation can do when you have limited talent. 
We were sold on the idea that Freeze and Montgomery were great at doing more with less and how Auburn was going to need staff that could coach players up in order to compete with the 5 star rosters.

Freeze in action and in word is coaching these players down. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, NCAubs said:

Despite his drops earlier in the year, I think Fairweather came on late in the year and is becoming, dare I say, a leader.  

There was no doubt he wanted it yesterday.  He balled out.

13 hours ago, cbo said:

He does like to place blame elsewhere. 

I believe that too. Takes credit for the good but not the bad. I believe him to be a low character person that can really sell it to a recruit in their home. Once they get on campus and there’s another disastrous season, many will bolt. He’s not a leader. 

7 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

BS.

Not BS , not even a little. Talent is one thing, effort and intensity are another. New Mexico State not more talented , nether was Maryland. When a coach publicly states he didn’t care about the game plan it speaks volumes. DKW much like you we all hate losing, the way we lose is the problem . 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, slawtiger said:

THIS.  It is like a bunch of UAT imposters stirring up s***.

OP probably never played football.

A 6-6 team bowl game playing youth and a lot of players sick is for practice.

The future of the program rests on recruiting talent.  Auburn has some elite players, but most are average.  If the offensive line had the talent of UAT, then Thorne would have all day to make plays.

The game sucked today, we can all agree on that.  Railing on our Coach with one year under his belt coming into with talent near the bottom in the SEC and calling him a mediocre coach, and BOY, you are just dumb.  

Even worse, a spoiled rotten brat, that needs a life.

Hugh has time to receuit.  He has a great staff.  The talent is coming.  Sit back, STFU with your stupid comments and watch the show.

I swear, some of our fan base, acts just like the team across the state with their arrogance and delusion.

I heard some Alabama fans saying Nick Saban was going to get fired if he lost another game earlier this year.

SMDH...

Actually, the future of the program relies on the recruited talent’s ability to execute and win. Good coaches win with lesser talent showing proof of concept. He didn’t. This recruiting class was fantastic, but he was to do something with them. Freeze needs to remember some grandma wisdom - when you point at others, four fingers point back at you (well three fingers and a thumb technically 🤪). 

• Like 1

I'm the one who posted and I didn't really mean this to be a flame CHF thread, I was hoping someone could tell me what they have seen from CHF coaching this year that gives you hope that when he HAS more talent that it will translate to more wins. I mean it should but the problem I am having is I have not seen great coaching this year, you can say that he doesn't have the talent but I would argue a GOOD/GREAT coach makes lemonade from lemons and he wins the games he should. Maybe is a good coach but at least for me this season I have not really seen that and I was hoping that someone, ANYONE could tell me what I am missing...right now all I have seen is a coach that really seems to care less about winning and more about making excuses. Again really glad he is recruiting and I know everyone says that's going to help turn things around, but what I have seen from a coaching perspective this year, the coaching side leaves a lot to be desired....

I guess I will add that to me a great coach just wins and doesn't have to make excuses...

Edited by bishoptf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Been listening to old Gus interview so I can hear what a real team leader sounds like. Hugh acts like wining isn’t a priority, if it weren’t for recruiting he’d be getting an easy “F” for the poor job he’s done.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Calm down: Half of yall sound like turd trolls here. 

It is one f'in year with a team with limited talent.
Come back in year 3 and tell us you were correct. 

I have hated this year. I cant stand to lose, but I know we don't have a half-talented team at this moment and will likely get upgrades on Coordinators as well.

Half this board is running around with its hair on fire...

image.png

It’s getting worse.  Used to have far more levelheaded takes on here.  Now it’s overreaction central.  

15 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

It needs to be better. But we also aren’t in the meeting rooms of the athletic complex. Folks are talking about the recruiting success. It’s plausible that Freeze is not a good game day coach. It’s also possible that he knew this season was a wash, and put more emphasis on getting recruiting momentum going, perhaps at the expense of some game prep. If failure to have the team prepared today enabled us to sign that great class including our excellent WRs or helps us to secure some good transfers in the coming weeks, do we really care about this game? Would it matter at all? Does anyone really remember day to day that Saban and Kirby also had bad first years given what they’ve done since?

This season didn’t meet my expectations, but I’m also not really going to draw any conclusions from year 1. Five years from now, we could very well be in multiple consecutive playoffs. If that happens, who cares what happened this year?

question for you, do you think Saban and Smart has total control of their program? and do you think Freeze has it as well? it is something fundamentally wrong at Auburn, just asked yourself this, the results of our football program looks the same no matter who the coach is. Freeze looks miserable, we are still dealing with culture issues in this program because of players not liking what they are seeing from the coaches from a roster management standpoint in which they know someone other than the coach is pulling the strings. We will continue to suffer until the root cause no longer hovers over this program, that is the only way this football program changes..