Coach Hugh Freeze

bishoptf

4 minutes ago, NCAubs said:

Despite his drops earlier in the year, I think Fairweather came on late in the year and is becoming, dare I say, a leader.  

Sure is on the field anyway. Sounds like he is trying off the field also.

49 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

That's the big thing to me.  No quality wins, but several bad losses.  He didn't achieve, much less overachieve.

If it wasn't for the recruiting, this would have been another Harsin season.

Freeze and his staff did underachieve on the field this year.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Interesting 

For what it’s worth, this has been known all season over on the Nest.  Freeze has been trying to change the culture of the locker room and has been selective of who he recruits because of it. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Hugh is that you?? I get what you are saying.

throwing games due to recruiting is bull s***. Giving up on your current roster to recruit is bull s***. This team should have been prepared and came to play. You know it and I know it. Quit the give it time bull s***. How about show some intensity on the sideline? How bout get the team fired up? He has admitted to not giving two sh**s about this team. 

Freeze does show little to no passion or intensity on the sidelines.  It would be helpful to see some for $6.5 million a year.

1 hour ago, WillMunny said:

That's the big thing to me.  No quality wins, but several bad losses.  He didn't achieve, much less overachieve.

If it wasn't for the recruiting, this would have been another Harsin season.

I actually think, Harsin might have been a decent coach, but he didn’t try to recruit and thought his plan alone would work. Now it seems we have a very good recruiter, that, let’s be honest, is not a very good coach at all.  I have a very difficult time seeing this hire work, which with AU, seems to be par. Even Miss ST was getting rid of that AD that we hired. The football program is a laughingstock. Let’s be honest, Mizzou was picked in bottom three this year and just won 11 games. It’s truly sad. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, cbo said:

He doesn’t even try to hide it. Bizarre. 

If I didn't know better, I would swear that Freeze took a nip of Wild Turkey b4 this press conference.  He is making a fool of himself.  Basically saying he can't do all aspects of the job.

18 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

For what it’s worth, this has been known all season over on the Nest.  Freeze has been trying to change the culture of the locker room and has been selective of who he recruits because of it. 

This might be true but we shouldn’t right it off as just a bunch of players who aren’t committed or doing what they need to. Sometimes the culture is a product of poor management and leadership. These players aren’t as unintelligent as some want to think. The majority of the roater are transfers who this staff brought in 

Edited by GreenTiger

3 hours ago, bishoptf said:

I am grateful that CHF has a good recruiting class coming in and next year looks better but someone, anyone please tell me how he is going to be any better at the coaching part. I'm sorry but the NMSU game and  the bowl game against Maryland along with most of the other games have just been hot garbage. Nothing I have seen this year on the field gives me any confidence that he is going to be able to get us back to the point that we want to be...I'm not a hater and have nothing against freeze but I just don't see how we are going to be that much better next year based on what I have been seeing this year....

It needs to be better. But we also aren’t in the meeting rooms of the athletic complex. Folks are talking about the recruiting success. It’s plausible that Freeze is not a good game day coach. It’s also possible that he knew this season was a wash, and put more emphasis on getting recruiting momentum going, perhaps at the expense of some game prep. If failure to have the team prepared today enabled us to sign that great class including our excellent WRs or helps us to secure some good transfers in the coming weeks, do we really care about this game? Would it matter at all? Does anyone really remember day to day that Saban and Kirby also had bad first years given what they’ve done since?

This season didn’t meet my expectations, but I’m also not really going to draw any conclusions from year 1. Five years from now, we could very well be in multiple consecutive playoffs. If that happens, who cares what happened this year?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slawtiger said:

THIS.  It is like a bunch of UAT imposters stirring up s***.

OP probably never played football.

A 6-6 team bowl game playing youth and a lot of players sick is for practice.

The future of the program rests on recruiting talent.  Auburn has some elite players, but most are average.  If the offensive line had the talent of UAT, then Thorne would have all day to make plays.

The game sucked today, we can all agree on that.  Railing on our Coach with one year under his belt coming into with talent near the bottom in the SEC and calling him a mediocre coach, and BOY, you are just dumb.  

Even worse, a spoiled rotten brat, that needs a life.

Hugh has time to receuit.  He has a great staff.  The talent is coming.  Sit back, STFU with your stupid comments and watch the show.

I swear, some of our fan base, acts just like the team across the state with their arrogance and delusion.

I heard some Alabama fans saying Nick Saban was going to get fired if he lost another game earlier this year.

SMDH...

As much as we pay Freeze, is it too much to ask him to recruit AND coach?

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

I actually think, Harsin might have been a decent coach, but he didn’t try to recruit and thought his plan alone would work. Now it seems we have a very good recruiter, that, let’s be honest, is not a very good coach at all.  I have a very difficult time seeing this hire work, which with AU, seems to be par. Even Miss ST was getting rid of that AD that we hired. The football program is a laughingstock. Let’s be honest, Mizzou was picked in bottom three this year and just won 11 games. It’s truly sad. 

Harsin was not a decent coach. He still has some culpability in this team’s struggles. Fairweather’s tweet kind of confirms that. Harsin created a culture of selfishness and lackluster effort. Still somewhat feeling the effects of that.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Apparently so 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Recruiting is all about creating momentum. It’s easier to do that once you’ve gotten the ball rolling. You think Saban or Kirby have to work as hard to recruit? They just point to their records or the number of players they’ve put in the NFL. It’s harder for new coach of a team that hasn’t done well as of late. You have to convince them that they can help build something for the future and that this vision for the future is achievable. If the players we get this year help us succeed in the next 1-2 years, it gets easier to recruit players later on. But getting the ball rolling is the most important thing right now. If that’s at the expense of a little game prep right now, it isn’t the end of the world.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Apparently Thorne is apart of the culture he wants. Beats me.

8 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Like their lax head coach that allows it and sets the tone…. 

That's my thinking.  If you're a strong leader, you set the tone.  

And... are we in such a great position that we can pass over 'talent' for 'plays well with others'?

Break the horses and drive them, Hughie.  

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

If I didn't know better, I would swear that Freeze took a nip of Wild Turkey b4 this press conference.  He is making a fool of himself.  Basically saying he can't do all aspects of the job.

He should step down then.

Does any team fear Freeze or playing against him. Don’t think anyone including the players take him too seriously. Zero sideline interaction or fire. 

5 minutes ago, AURealist said:

That's my thinking.  If you're a strong leader, you set the tone.  

And... are we in such a great position that we can pass over 'talent' for 'plays well with others'?

Break the horses and drive them, Hughie.  

Freeze doesn’t come across as a strong leader. He’s your friend which is fine but Auburn needs a leader as head coach.

Just now, TigerOne said:

Freeze doesn’t come across as a strong leader. He’s your friend which is fine but Auburn needs a leader as head coach.

Totally agree. 

Parents who try to be 'friends' with their teenage children and bosses and coaches who try to be 'friends' with their players/subordinates make terrible leaders.  

2 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

It needs to be better. But we also aren’t in the meeting rooms of the athletic complex. Folks are talking about the recruiting success. It’s plausible that Freeze is not a good game day coach. It’s also possible that he knew this season was a wash, and put more emphasis on getting recruiting momentum going, perhaps at the expense of some game prep. If failure to have the team prepared today enabled us to sign that great class including our excellent WRs or helps us to secure some good transfers in the coming weeks, do we really care about this game? Would it matter at all? Does anyone really remember day to day that Saban and Kirby also had bad first years given what they’ve done since?

This season didn’t meet my expectations, but I’m also not really going to draw any conclusions from year 1. Five years from now, we could very well be in multiple consecutive playoffs. If that happens, who cares what happened this year?

A real coach doesn’t waste a season or consider it a wash. You coach the players to make them better and competitive. Freeze failed the players , the fans and Auburn University. One more year is all he should get to show major improvements and should be told as much.

14 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

He should step down then.

Does any team fear Freeze or playing against him. Don’t think anyone including the players take him too seriously. Zero sideline interaction or fire. 

Step down? And leave millions on t h e table

5 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Totally agree. 

Parents who try to be 'friends' with their teenage children and bosses and coaches who try to be 'friends' with their players/subordinates make terrible leaders.  

Pat Dye would probably kick Freeze’s ass all the way to Toomer’s  Corner after what we saw today 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Step down? And leave millions on t h e table

Yeah you’re right , get rich at Auburn and not have to show anything for it.