Shane speaks....LOL Funny

DKW 86

PFRN Link

STATE OF THE CRIMSON EMPIRE

By Shane from Center Point

September 2, 2005

The truth, more often than not, can be a hard pill to swallow. As evidenced by the last two years of on field production and the “Big Nasty” tattoo on Alabama’s reputation, the NCAA effectively crippled one of college football’s legendary programs. It is a crying shame that the transgressions of a few brought a total loss of face, piercing deep into the heart of the Crimson Nation. SEC rivals pounded and piled on early and often. Enemy fans used every media outlet possible to draw and quarter the Crimson Tide. All that said, Alabama got what they deserved-if you do not believe that statement, just ask Phillip Fulmer-AKA- Dr. By-Law.

One obvious truth was clarified during the ’04 season-sixty-four players on scholarship can make any coach appear inadequate. Most of the negative affects of the NCAA’s scarlet letter are fading heading into the 2005 season. The fastest way to forget a lousy past is to look forward to winning. Winning wipes the slate clean and heals all wounds. Alabama fans should expect the tide to regain national respect and restore the winning tradition.

The man in charge of reaching these goals, third year head coach Mike Shula has 77 reasons to be successful. Shula has proven he can recruit. That fact is clearly illustrated by his signing fast skilled players from talent rich Florida. Perhaps his most impressive signee, Jimmy Johns, was Mississippi’s Mr. Football. Shula has a keen eye for talent. Mike knows schemes and strategies. He has studied thousands of plays, formations, and packages. He plays conservative football. The coach is an excellent organizer. The traits previously mentioned are important but motivation is the most important. Motivated players beat non-motivated players every time. Coach Shula has a man specifically in-charge of firing the team up. His name is Joe Kines. Ole Joe is a smart one. His defensive squad gives Shula a huge advantage all coaches crave. Alabama has a senior laden defense, one of last year’s best. They are very good against the run, but the best against the pass. They probably will be dominant-here’s why. The defensive backs consist of three seniors, one junior, and perhaps the best nickel back in the South-Simeon Castille. The linebackers, two seniors and one junior are second round or better NFL picks. Both defensive ends, one senior and one soph. will be drafted by the third round. The biggest difference in this year’s defense and last, is that the squad is two deep solid at every position and there is major competition for starting time. Alabama has more superior athletes on defense now than anytime since the Gene Stallings era. The old cliché’ defense wins championships may not always be true, but this group will carry the load and more. On the offensive side of the ball, the play called is not that important-execution is. Execution was Alabama’s Achilles heel last year. Fumbles, interceptions and penalties were the true culprits of Alabama’s demise, specifically at the quarterback position. As far as I’m concerned Brodie Croyle is not the factor. Everybody knows what he can do.

The hot issue is Jon Parker Wilson-is he ready to step up and perform at the efficient high level necessary to be a SEC caliber quarterback. Bob Connelly will have the offensive line ready to pass block-he is one of the best. The wideouts are fast, lethal weapons and the tight end Nick Walker is the best athlete on the Bama team and a great receiver. Bama always has superior running backs. The big question is can the offensive line get fast enough to master the run blocking so that the play action pass can be effective? Ball control equals clock management. A running style, play action, passing offense can compliment a defensive unit of Alabama’s caliber. The third phase of Alabama’s game is a toss up. If I were a head coach in the SEC two of my scholarships would go to the best kicker and punter I could find. Coaches do not put enough emphasis on this phase of football. (Well, Frank Beamer does).

Mike Shula has tenure on five coaches he faces this year and better personnel than nine opponents he plays this year. :blink: One deep maybe. A 9-2 season should be expected by all. Competitors love pressure, Shula must be a great competitor. The Alabama Nation needs a hero-Mike this is your shot. Ten wins counting a bowl game is possible with the talent on this team. Besides, he squares off against three SEC rookies, a second year green horn, and a washed up has been. Along with Middle Tennessee, Utah State, and annual whipping boys Southern Miss and a lesser Auburn in Franchione/Hare Stadium, nine wins are staring Mike Shula and His Crimson Tide square in the eyes. :lmao: Its FOOTBALL 2005-TIME FOR THE TIDE TO ROLL

Shane’s weekly picks

Md-Tn St vs. Bama-----Ala 31-Md Tn St 10 Bama works out pre-season kinks Brodie throws for 300+ def stifles Md Tn St off

Sw Mo St vs. Ark-------Ark 56—Sw Mo St 17 SW Mo St scores on Ark 5th team

GA Tech vs. Auburn----GA Tech 21—Aub 20 1st game for both-more important to GA Tech. This one’s gonna sting.

Wyoming vs. Florida----Fla31-- Cowboys 10 this game like Bama’s, a tune-up

Bosie St vs. UGA -------UGA 42—Bosie St 31 Bosie’s good on offense But not good enough to stop the bulldogs.

Louisville vs. KY-------Louisville 38—KY 17 Petrino’s high power offense dazzles Brooks and KY. Rival game but KY gets greased.

Ole Miss vs. Memphis—Memphis 27—Ole Miss 17 Ed “the Ogre” gets a welcome to the SEC by a conf USA team. it’s gonna be a long season.

Murray St vs. MSU------MSU 42--Mury St 10 hoover high could beat Murray State however, Croom did lose to Maine.

Cent Fla vs. SCAR-------SCAR 28—Cent Fla 21 oleary’s team gives Spurrier’s @#%$’s all they can handle. let him know where he stands.

UAB vs. Tenn------------OK, I wish UAB 21 Tenn 20. with reality check Tenn 35 UAB 17 vols are giants and the blazers ain’t giant killers.

Vandy vs. Wake----------Wake 24—Vandy 21 pretty good team and even star QB cutler can’t get Vandy over the hump.  ;)

Anything can happen....but I think Shanehead from Center Point needs to step away from the...

kool-aidanimated.gif

I have one thing to say about that! :puke::puke::puke::puke::thumbsdown::thumbsdown: Oh yes, one more thing! I would dearly love to meet the little sh--thead in a dark alley some night--just me and him alone for 5 minutes and we wouldn't be kissing.... :big:

I was aware of Boise State, just didn't know about this Bosie that Sir Shane speaks of.

177703[/snapback]

Is it a small, but well respected school, on the Rhine?? :poke:

:au:

STATE OF THE CRIMSON EMPIRE

By Shane from Center Point

a lesser Auburn in Franchione/Hare Stadium

One victory does not stadium ownership make! Admittedly Franchione gave us a good whippin' in Jordan Hare one time, but that's far removed from being UNDEFEATED in a stadium over three centuries (1800's, 1900's, 2000's), as we are in Jordan-Hare West in Tuscaloosa.

What's really sad (or just plain funny) is that the best "claim" to Jordan Hare East he can come up with is the name of a coach that Bama fans despise as a traitor, who dumped them for greener pastures when he saw just how rotten things look at UAT from the inside. :roflol::roflol:

Guest Tigrinum Major

Finebaum has to realize what a buffoon this cat is to allow him to do this. I realize that the website isn't edited like a newspaper or magazine article, but geez-o-pete, couldn't someone proofread this joke?

Shane is the kind of Bama fan that just gets under my skin. Let's just hope that he and Phyllis never have a love child.

Shane is the kind of Bama fan that just gets under my skin.  Let's just hope that he and Phyllis never have a love child.

177776[/snapback]

Thanks guy, that was a visual I didnt need in my life....ever! :lmao:

so shula has delagated 'motivation' to kines? interesting.

shane is good entertainment for us aubies....very reflective of the typical bama fan we all have come to know & love.

hey AFTiger, can i use 'bullshane'? i like that.

ct

Archived