Will 247 Update 2024 Class Rankings

With all the coaching changes especially at bama many players that officially committed to a school can now transfer. This means some schools will lose some 2024 players and some will pickup some players.

Today when I looked there has been no update to reflect the changes. Will there be an update after 2nd signing period and will it reflect these changes?

An interesting question. I would suspect that commits who have not signed a LOI and decommit will be subtracted from the recruiting grades. But as to players who signed? Were they early enrollees who practiced with the team during bowl period? Then I'd suspect those woukd not be removed from the recruiting grades even if they now decide to jump ship.

This is just conjecture on my part. I guess we will find out after NSD in a few weeks.

13 hours ago, AURex said:

An interesting question. I would suspect that commits who have not signed a LOI and decommit will be subtracted from the recruiting grades. But as to players who signed? Were they early enrollees who practiced with the team during bowl period? Then I'd suspect those woukd not be removed from the recruiting grades even if they now decide to jump ship.

This is just conjecture on my part. I guess we will find out after NSD in a few weeks.

I think they don’t make any changes at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

"Individually, Benjamin Russell’s Malcolm Simmons opened the meet Friday morning with a bang setting a new AHSAA Indoor Class 6A state high jump record clearing 6 feet, 10½ inches."

BEAST

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 2/3/2024 at 5:48 PM, slawtiger said:

"Individually, Benjamin Russell’s Malcolm Simmons opened the meet Friday morning with a bang setting a new AHSAA Indoor Class 6A state high jump record clearing 6 feet, 10½ inches."

BEAST

That's insane.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

That's insane.

He jumped over Johni 😂

• Haha 3

On 2/3/2024 at 4:48 PM, slawtiger said:

BEAST

A lot of HS coaches think he may be the best athlete in the state.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, CR said:

^^^

On 2/3/2024 at 4:48 PM, slawtiger said:

BEAST

His jump was 10.5" higher than 2nd place!!!!

• Like 2

On 2/7/2024 at 11:06 AM, CR said:

No doubt in my mind. Incredible basketball player as well. I get to see him everyday and he’s gonna be huge for Auburn!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUfan3333 said:

No doubt in my mind. Incredible basketball player as well. I get to see him everyday and he’s gonna be huge for Auburn!

I am in no way minimizing his ability but he is not an “incredible basketball player”.  He’s good.  He is not the best player on that team.  Great athlete.  Good player.  Solid citizen.  I have seen them play roundball three times and I only noticed him in the third game. 

• 2 months later...
On 1/19/2024 at 7:29 PM, AuburnNTexas said:

With all the coaching changes especially at bama many players that officially committed to a school can now transfer. This means some schools will lose some 2024 players and some will pickup some players.

Today when I looked there has been no update to reflect the changes. Will there be an update after 2nd signing period and will it reflect these changes?

@AuburnNTexas No. Rankings for 2024 high school signing classes remain the same. Any high schoolers who sign & end up elsewhere will be credited to their new schools as transfers, not high school signees.