Trump and his hissy fits...

AU9377

HISSY FIT - A childish display of anger or frustration; an overly dramatic tantrum.

Nikki Haley congratulates Trump on winning New Hampshire.  Trump tells his supporters that Haley claimed victory.  He goes on to call her an imposter in a  dress ( which he implied was cheap somehow) and his supporters laugh as though this is the behavior they want in a leader.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to have seen this coming.  Those of you in the closet with your Trump love should now be out and proud.

• Haha 1

So Trump says some childish and mean things.  Which is better; facing your opponent or barring them from the ballot before hand?

The state's top elections officials confirmed the North Carolina Democratic Party's request to have President Joe Biden alone on the ballot in the primary election, rejecting potential Democratic challengers Dean Phillips, Marianne Williamson and Cenk Uygur.

https://www.wral.com/story/biden-won-t-face-any-competition-in-nc-s-2024-democratic-primary-state-election-officials-confirm/21218264/

Not only are many of President Joe Biden's most high-profile Democratic challengers having difficulty making a dent in national polling, but they're also running into a major snafu in their efforts to replace him: getting onto state ballots in the first place.

Rep. Dean Phillips, author Marianne Williamson and progressive commentator Cenk Uygur have encountered roadblocks in Florida, Tennessee, North Carolina and Massachusetts -- which they allege without evidence have been placed, at least in part, by the national Democratic Party, or even the president himself as part of a broader conspiracy between the "party elites" and state chapters to bend the process in Biden's favor.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/bidens-democratic-challengers-hit-ballot-access-roadblocks/story?id=105882807

22 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

HISSY FIT - A childish display of anger or frustration; an overly dramatic tantrum.

Nikki Haley congratulates Trump on winning New Hampshire.  Trump tells his supporters that Haley claimed victory.  He goes on to call her an imposter in a  dress ( which he implied was cheap somehow) and his supporters laugh as though this is the behavior they want in a leader.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to have seen this coming.  Those of you in the closet with your Trump love should now be out and proud.

I can't decide what frustrates me more, this or banning a book detailing a child's rape via dildo. :dunno:

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

So Trump says some childish and mean things.  Which is better; facing your opponent or barring them from the ballot before hand?

The state's top elections officials confirmed the North Carolina Democratic Party's request to have President Joe Biden alone on the ballot in the primary election, rejecting potential Democratic challengers Dean Phillips, Marianne Williamson and Cenk Uygur.

https://www.wral.com/story/biden-won-t-face-any-competition-in-nc-s-2024-democratic-primary-state-election-officials-confirm/21218264/

Not only are many of President Joe Biden's most high-profile Democratic challengers having difficulty making a dent in national polling, but they're also running into a major snafu in their efforts to replace him: getting onto state ballots in the first place.

Rep. Dean Phillips, author Marianne Williamson and progressive commentator Cenk Uygur have encountered roadblocks in Florida, Tennessee, North Carolina and Massachusetts -- which they allege without evidence have been placed, at least in part, by the national Democratic Party, or even the president himself as part of a broader conspiracy between the "party elites" and state chapters to bend the process in Biden's favor.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/bidens-democratic-challengers-hit-ballot-access-roadblocks/story?id=105882807

In the NH primary this week, Joe Biden wasn't even ON THE BALLOT and he still whipped Dean Phillips and Williamsons asses as a WRITE IN candidate. 

57 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

In the NH primary this week, Joe Biden wasn't even ON THE BALLOT and he still whipped Dean Phillips and Williamsons asses as a WRITE IN candidate. 

Is this a reason to keep his competition from being on the ballot?  Is he afraid?  Is this a democracy or is Joe a dictator?

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Is this a reason to keep his competition from being on the ballot?  Is he afraid?  Is this a democracy or is Joe a dictator?

in 2020 the Republican parties of Alaska, Arizona, Hawaii, Kansas, Nevada, New York, South Carolina, and Virginia all cancelled their primaries to protect Trump from other Republican challengers. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

in 2020 the Republican parties of Alaska, Arizona, Hawaii, Kansas, Nevada, New York, South Carolina, and Virginia all cancelled their primaries to protect Trump from other Republican challengers. 

I’m not sure when in 2020 the Republican Party decided to cancel the primaries, but by Super Tuesday, in March of that year, Trump had the nomination won with enough delegates, so why would they not cancel their primaries?  Seems like a waste of time.

Again, you reply doesn’t answer any of the above questions.

8 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I’m not sure when in 2020 the Republican Party decided to cancel the primaries, but by Super Tuesday, in March of that year, Trump had the nomination won with enough delegates, so why would they not cancel their primaries?  Seems like a waste of time.

https://apnews.com/article/nevada-donald-trump-south-carolina-7e04964fc89a4312a6b410096f256add

Many of the States cancelled their Republican primaries in mid-late 2019 months before the primaries ever started. 

8 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Again, you reply doesn’t answer any of the above questions.

My answer is that you are right. 

The entire US presidential election system from 2 party control, to messy primaries, and the horrible Electoral College system are all completely undemocratic and could use reform and changing. 

5 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

I can't decide what frustrates me more, this or banning a book detailing a child's rape via dildo. :dunno:

Things that could not possibly be more unrelated.  School boards on the local level deal with that crap, not the President of the United States.  The vast majority of book bans aren't about books that graphic. 

If you believe that Donald Trump is a man that children should look up to, your standards are woefully low.  History won't be kind to the man for good reason. 

1 minute ago, AU9377 said:
5 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Things that could not possibly be more unrelated.  School boards on the local level deal with that crap, not the President of the United States.  The vast majority of book bans aren't about books that graphic. 

Come on, man. If Biden hadn’t appointed Admiral Rachel Levine as the Assistant Secretary of Health and given him full reign of *gender affirming care* there wouldn’t be these books in schools.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Many of the States cancelled their Republican primaries in mid-late 2019 months before the primaries ever started.

So you misstated the date in your OP.  As it turned out those primaries were not needed.  But cancelling primaries of an incumbent is a lot different than not allowing opposition on the primary ballot.

How do you propose changing?  A third party could emerge from this, but I don‘t know it would survive.

21 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

So you misstated the date in your OP.  As it turned out those primaries were not needed.  But cancelling primaries of an incumbent is a lot different than not allowing opposition on the primary ballot.

I was referring to the 2020 Republican Primaries because thats what they were officially called. Even though a couple of primary votes took place in very late Dec 2019, they were still part of the 2020 primary elections. 

These State GOP parties decided to cancel their primaries because they didn't want any challengers to Trump and wanted to be completely united around the incumbent. 

Both 2020 and 2024 involve incumbent presidents and inter-party challengers who are very unpopular and have 0% chance of winning the primary nomination. 

Yes, its undemocratic to not allow primaries or not allow ballot access to challengers, but its something that has been commonly done by both Dems and Republicans 

Edited by CoffeeTiger

20 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

How do you propose changing?  A third party could emerge from this, but I don‘t know it would survive.

1. Remove the electoral college. Every voice should count towards who is the president and we shouldn't rely on who drew up the best maps to determine the result. 

2. Switch the voting system to a ranking system. This will move away from the 2 party system. As people will be more likely to vote for who they want rather than just the worst of 2 bad choices.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, arein0 said:

1. Remove the electoral college. Every voice should count towards who is the president and we shouldn't rely on who drew up the best maps to determine the result. 

2. Switch the voting system to a ranking system. This will move away from the 2 party system. As people will be more likely to vote for who they want rather than just the worst of 2 bad choices.

1, needs a Constitutional amendment.  Not impossible, but it was designed not to allow for mob rule to elect the President.

2, Alaska lost a Republican rep this way, too many holes in that system right now.  It needs to be tied down tight before we experiment with it.

59 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

If you believe that Donald Trump is a man that children should look up to, your standards are woefully low.  History won't be kind to the man for good reason. 

misinterpret.gif

Edited by AUFAN78

38 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

1, needs a Constitutional amendment.  Not impossible, but it was designed not to allow for mob rule to elect the President.

2, Alaska lost a Republican rep this way, too many holes in that system right now.  It needs to be tied down tight before we experiment with it.

I actually have mixed feelings on how Alaska did it, but if you are basing you judgement on losing/gaining a seat, you are looking at it the wrong way.

Alaska had everyone rank the candidates, but then looked at the top result. If someone was over 50% then they won. If no one was over 50% they eliminated the bottom x and recalculated with the next highest available candidate and continued eliminating until one had over 50%.

8 hours ago, AU9377 said:

“Hissy Fit” love it. My late mom and late aunts favorite description of attitude gone south. Was it a cheap dress?

On 1/24/2024 at 11:04 AM, AU9377 said:

This is exactly what frustrates me about Trump.  He already has a problem with women, and there's plenty to dislike about Nikki Haley without getting personal. This is a huge turnoff to women. He's gone after Kaleigh McEnany recently for some very mild criticism of Trump in her role as a TV commenter.  I like Kaleigh, and it's just so unnecessary. What she said was only amplified by his attacks on her.  Trump is frequently his own worst enemy.   It's why I'm not optimistic about the election. Well, that and the fact that mail-in ballots are still a completely insecure way to hold an election.

26 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

This is exactly what frustrates me about Trump.  He already has a problem with women, and there's plenty to dislike about Nikki Haley without getting personal. This is a huge turnoff to women. He's gone after Kaleigh McEnany recently for some very mild criticism of Trump in her role as a TV commenter.  I like Kaleigh, and it's just so unnecessary. What she said was only amplified by his attacks on her.  Trump is frequently his own worst enemy.   It's why I'm not optimistic about the election. Well, that and the fact that mail-in ballots are still a completely insecure way to hold an election.

2018, 20, and 22. The guy hasn’t won anything in 8 years and on top of it there’s now 1/6, abortion rights, litigation, and he himself is nearing 80 and is constantly misfiring. Biden is the weakest candidate imaginable and the gop is ignoring other options and is going to put forward the only candidate that’s proven to be even weaker. It’s like having sw Louisiana vs Portland st in the rose bowl.

Edited by auburnatl1