Auburn executes major coup, nabs Will Redmond from LSU

RunInRed

1 hour ago, woodford said:

Yes they probably saw what happened to Alabama’s roster and are worried. Agreed on the risk. I don’t think UM is a coordinator hire job. I would go after DeBoer, Kelly, or Fickell.  

Kelly is probably the one that is gettable, and fits from success and connections. Will be highest paid out there but they were probably going that way anyway. Also will probably have probationary impacts which generally pushes contract terms longer.

I sure would have liked to have gotten the 5-star wide receiver (Ryan Williams) that just re-committed to Bama, after cancelling his official visit to Auburn.  That would have been a real coup.  The media is declaring this the first Iron Bowl victory for Kalen DeBoer.  And it was a big one.

2 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

I sure would have liked to have gotten the 5-star wide receiver (Ryan Williams) that just re-committed to Bama, after cancelling his official visit to Auburn.  That would have been a real coup.  The media is declaring this the first Iron Bowl victory for Kalen DeBoer.  And it was a big one.

If we were as desperate to change the optics as they were we might still be in the fight, but they couldn’t afford to lose him so they made sure they didn’t. I don’t think we were nearly as motivated as them when you consider what we just pulled into the WR room. 

They have just taken a media beating from all the transfer portal entries and had to make it look like they weren’t a sinking ship from a recruiting standpoint. 

• Like 4

I wanted RW more than anyone but glad the saga is over. Coleman is the truth and I am predicting Cain will be the best when it is all said and done. He has been my favorite recruit for a long time now. Also, if this guy found the LSU qb hopefully after spring he can rationalize with freeze that we need a QB, unless WW or HB shows out.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

I wanted RW more than anyone but glad the saga is over. Coleman is the truth and I am predicting Cain will be the best when it is all said and done. He has been my favorite recruit for a long time now. Also, if this guy found the LSU qb hopefully after spring he can rationalize with freeze that we need a QB, unless WW or HB shows out.

RW was my favorite as well but who wouldn't be happy with our WR class. Might work out best in the long run if we use the NIL money on other positions of greater need. Either way, I'm glad RW re-classified so we don't waste time recruiting him for another year. 

• Like 1

Just now, cbo said:

RW was my favorite as well but who wouldn't be happy with our WR class. Might work out best in the long run if we use the NIL money on other positions of greater need. Either way, I'm glad RW re-classified so we don't waste time recruiting him for another year. 

That is annoying as well. We wasted so much time on him that could've went to someone else.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This was such a big move. Huge! We're gonna be so much stronger this cycle. 

• Like 1

Who’s missing is part of the story here.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/25/2024 at 3:25 PM, Hank2020 said:

Kelly is probably the one that is gettable, and fits from success and connections. Will be highest paid out there but they were probably going that way anyway. Also will probably have probationary impacts which generally pushes contract terms longer.

Guys, long time member but, have been inactive for a while given the misfortunes of the past couple of years. Glad to be back and enthused by what I am seeing on The Plains. Can someone please help me understand the fascination with Brian Kelly? I just don’t get it.  With all the cache, tools, resources he had at ND, what did he ever win? Anytime he got in a big game against a decent team he got his head handed to him aka NC vs UA. I just don’t understand what anyone would believe he could take them to the promised land…

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ekingau34 said:

Guys, long time member but, have been inactive for a while given the misfortunes of the past couple of years. Glad to be back and enthused by what I am seeing on The Plains. Can someone please help me understand the fascination with Brian Kelly? I just don’t get it.  With all the cache, tools, resources he had at ND, what did he ever win? Anytime he got in a big game against a decent team he got his head handed to him aka NC vs UA. I just don’t understand what anyone would believe he could take them to the promised land…

Eking,

people get wrapped up in the “win the title or else category “, and I’m not a subscriber to that theory.   Kelly was very successful at ND and had them in the playoffs several years and consistently winning 10 games a year.   Not a whole lot of people were beating Alabama or Clemson during this time.   I’m sure that everyone wants to win a national championship but in reality, only a few even have a chance, and he had ND in that “having a chance “ category.  

11 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Eking,

people get wrapped up in the “win the title or else category “, and I’m not a subscriber to that theory.   Kelly was very successful at ND and had them in the playoffs several years and consistently winning 10 games a year.   Not a whole lot of people were beating Alabama or Clemson during this time.   I’m sure that everyone wants to win a national championship but in reality, only a few even have a chance, and he had ND in that “having a chance “ category.  

I get it. I’m just saying with all he had at ND he got them to 1 NC in 12 years and they were pummeled in it, 28 point loss. Overall 40 losses in 12 years which is more than 3 losses per year, not Elite in my estimation. As we all know ND and others always get the benefit of the doubt in the polls but, seem to consistently underperform / disappoint. But, somehow BK is cashing in Big Time!

18 minutes ago, Ekingau34 said:

I get it. I’m just saying with all he had at ND he got them to 1 NC in 12 years and they were pummeled in it, 28 point loss. Overall 40 losses in 12 years which is more than 3 losses per year, not Elite in my estimation. As we all know ND and others always get the benefit of the doubt in the polls but, seem to consistently underperform / disappoint. But, somehow BK is cashing in Big Time!

So over the course of 12 years, BK averaged 9 win and 3 losses per year.   Throw in one outlier of a season 4-8, and the man would have averaged over 10 wins a year.   He has won more than 10 games a year for the past 5 or 6 years in a row.    Would you not consider that elite?   

• Like 1

On 1/25/2024 at 8:16 PM, DAG said:

That is annoying as well. We wasted so much time on him that could've went to someone else.

actually, he played us if you want to know the truth to get money from bama. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hay Field 101 said:

actually, he played us if you want to know the truth to get money from bama. 

Those type of recruits seem to always do that. The ones that had real interest in changing their minds after CHF was hired did so and stuck by AU on Signing Day.

There seems to be one like him every year that plays that game. Just the way it is.

Edited by au701948

4 hours ago, aubaseball said:

So over the course of 12 years, BK averaged 9 win and 3 losses per year.   Throw in one outlier of a season 4-8, and the man would have averaged over 10 wins a year.   He has won more than 10 games a year for the past 5 or 6 years in a row.    Would you not consider that elite?   

Thats like saying lets throw out Gus’ losing seasons and he was elite. I’m just saying I don’t understand why he gets the love he gets. One appearance in 12 years with ND in the NC game, with all he had to work with isn’t elite. Just my opinion. Obviously, others disagree because he seems to always be mentioned.

2 hours ago, Ekingau34 said:

Thats like saying lets throw out Gus’ losing seasons and he was elite. I’m just saying I don’t understand why he gets the love he gets. One appearance in 12 years with ND in the NC game, with all he had to work with isn’t elite. Just my opinion. Obviously, others disagree because he seems to always be mentioned.

Brian Kelly ain’t too shabby.  Now will the swamp people at LSU live with his career average W/L record for much longer?  Hell NO!

LSU had 3 consecutive HC’s win NC’s, they will expect Kelly to bring a NC trophy to the Bayou or he’ll be fired.  LSU expects to compete for championships and 10 win seasons won’t be tolerated much longer. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ekingau34 said:

Thats like saying lets throw out Gus’ losing seasons

Just for accuracy's sake, Gus never had a losing season at Auburn.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Just for accuracy's sake, Gus never had a losing season at Auburn.

To quote Primus, “He never did win no checkered flags, but he never did come in last.” 

• Love 1

On 1/28/2024 at 9:52 PM, AU120289 said:

To quote Primus, “He never did win no checkered flags, but he never did come in last.” 

He drove so gosh darn fast though. Paraphrasing of course. 😝