Border Bill

Breakdown of the ‘Border’ Bill

IMG_0445.jpeg.88f93329e9d7d112a0385652b7cd5e09.jpeg

Republican, Democrats, Independents do you see anything wrong with how our government funds their wants and it's method of reconciling those wants with the owners (us).

Edited by creed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well if you can’t impeach someone in the other party every couple of weeks, then eat your own. The gop has already whacked the speaker and went through 7000 votes to get a new one - time for the purge round 2. 
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gop-senators-mcconnell-step-down-border-bill-unadulterated-bull

13 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Well if you can’t impeach someone in the other party every couple of weeks, then eat your own. The gop has already whacked the speaker and went through 7000 votes to get a new one - time for the purge round 2. 
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gop-senators-mcconnell-step-down-border-bill-unadulterated-bull

Republicans are meeting this very second about their proposal to impeach the leader of Homeland Security for "not securing the boarder", so technically they can impeach Dems AND eat their own all at the same time.  

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, creed said:

Republican, Democrats, Independents do you see anything wrong with how our government funds their wants and it's method of reconciling those wants with the owners (us).

I'll play:

What is "There's a whole lot of stuff in that bill that does not have a damned thing to do with U.S. border security?"

This annoys me as much as anything these f'ing congress critters do:

1. Call it "Border Bill"

2. Throw in unrelated, hot-button items.

3. When objections to Border Bill are raised, people scream "WHY DO YOU HATE (fill in unrelated, hot-button items)?", when in fact maybe people don't hate unrelated hot-button item, but want it to be considered separately.

If you want money for something, write a bill for THAT THING, and if stands on its own merits and gets passed, then so be it. This game of hiding poison pills inside bills is infuriating.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Republicans are meeting this very second about their proposal to impeach the leader of Homeland Security for "not securing the boarder", so technically they can impeach Dems AND eat their own all at the same time.  

Why bother trying to govern when impeaching is so much more productive

3 hours ago, SLAG-91 said:

I'll play:

What is "There's a whole lot of stuff in that bill that does not have a damned thing to do with U.S. border security?"

This annoys me as much as anything these f'ing congress critters do:

1. Call it "Border Bill"

2. Throw in unrelated, hot-button items.

3. When objections to Border Bill are raised, people scream "WHY DO YOU HATE (fill in unrelated, hot-button items)?", when in fact maybe people don't hate unrelated hot-button item, but want it to be considered separately.

If you want money for something, write a bill for THAT THING, and if stands on its own merits and gets passed, then so be it. This game of hiding poison pills inside bills is infuriating.

I agree with your point in general.  However, that isn't what the opposition to this particular bill is really about.  This is about not making Trumptard unhappy.  He wants the issue to remain as contentious as possible in order to use it for his own political purposes.  He has been very transparent about that.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

Republicans own the border crisis if they want to back out of the largest border security bill in our nations history to appease Trump.

MAGA folks (Republicans), how can you honestly be able to put up with this sh*t. They’ve done nothing but bi*ch about border security my entire lifetime. Now that they have an opportunity to help fix it, they would rather the “crisis” continue for political strategy reason. 

Does the GOP do anything outside of obstructing progress/ and Tax cuts for the wealthy?

Honest questions.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Now that they have an opportunity to help fix

This bill does NOT FIX THE PROBLEM.  It codifies the worse part of what Biden is doing now.

13 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

This bill does NOT FIX THE PROBLEM.  It codifies the worse part of what Biden is doing now.

Bullsh*t. This is politics and you have to take the small incremental steps. A few weeks ago this bill was a massive deal for everyone, including republicans. Trump didn’t come out against it because it wasn’t the whole fix. He openly admitted it was because he wanted ammo. 

They don’t have sh*t to run on.

The vast majority of Americans aren’t buying the woke scare. People are starting to realize trans people aren’t going to destroy their lives.

The economy is greatly improved from where it was the day before Biden took office, by just about every single metric.

The United States is respected again globally.

Killing Roe backfired massively.

They have nothing but this border issue (same issue they’ve always had), but they have to use something.

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1

Pathetic leadership. Faux as it might be. 

10 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

A few weeks ago this bill was a massive deal for everyone, including republicans. Trump didn’t come out against it because it wasn’t the whole fix. He openly admitted it was because he wanted ammo. 

A few weeks ago no one, but the few that worked on it behind closed doors, knew what was in it.  Trump had little to do with the backlash that occurred.  He was just the convenient excuse the Dems come up with.  Typical Dem platform; if we screw somethng up, it’s Trump’s fault.

10 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

The vast majority of Americans aren’t buying the woke scare. People are starting to realize trans people aren’t going to destroy their lives.

*The woke scare*?  Most people are still against children being manipulated into elective surgeries that alter their bodies so they can pretend to be of a different sex.  Have you seen the Woke Kindergarden in California?  After a year in operation their reading scores went from 16% at grade level to 12% and their math scores went from 4% to 2% because their main focus is on woke.  Here is the founder:

What a lovely woke person.

11 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

The economy is greatly improved from where it was the day before Biden took office, by just about every single metric.

Does record credit card debt count?

The United States is respected again globally.

You have got to be kidding on this one.  We are a part of two wars and Iran is pulling our chain daily and what do we do?  We try to pass a bill that sends money to their proxies.  Weak.

They have nothing but this border issue (same issue they’ve always had), but they have to use something.

Biden has turned the US into a potential powder keg waiting to explode.  He has straddled the fence on so many things that he doesn’t take a stand on anything.  He is pandering to every special interest group out there and a lot are at odds with each other.  He is lost as a person and as a President.  Who is calling the shots is anybodies guess, it ain’t Joe.  But you will vote for this mess and see Kamala as President within 2 years of the election.

11 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

A few weeks ago no one, but the few that worked on it behind closed doors, knew what was in it.  Trump had little to do with the backlash that occurred.  He was just the convenient excuse the Dems come up with.  Typical Dem platform; if we screw somethng up, it’s Trump’s fault.

*The woke scare*?  Most people are still against children being manipulated into elective surgeries that alter their bodies so they can pretend to be of a different sex.  Have you seen the Woke Kindergarden in California?  After a year in operation their reading scores went from 16% at grade level to 12% and their math scores went from 4% to 2% because their main focus is on woke.  Here is the founder:

What a lovely woke person.

Does record credit card debt count?

You have got to be kidding on this one.  We are a part of two wars and Iran is pulling our chain daily and what do we do?  We try to pass a bill that sends money to their proxies.  Weak.

Biden has turned the US into a potential powder keg waiting to explode.  He has straddled the fence on so many things that he doesn’t take a stand on anything.  He is pandering to every special interest group out there and a lot are at odds with each other.  He is lost as a person and as a President.  Who is calling the shots is anybodies guess, it ain’t Joe.  But you will vote for this mess and see Kamala as President within 2 years of the election.

Once again your opinion doesn’t align with the facts.

Jesus man, do you actually use data in your life or do you just run your mouth about whatever conservative propaganda machines tell you. 

You say the Dems screwed up the border deal? How is that? How is it that James Lankford, who co wrote the border bill and was defending it has all of a sudden decided he won’t vote for it? Lol. For his own bill! Nobody was an ounce of intelligence and critical thought is buying this sh*t, man. That’s why the GOP keeps losing elections. 

Good grief, you guys need to get a grip. You’re being played for a bunch of fools and just bending over and taking it. Quit being a republican cuck and open your eyes for once.

IMG_4629.jpeg

IMG_4630.jpeg

IMG_4632.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Once again your opinion doesn’t align with the facts.

You post two opinion polls and try to pass that off as facts?  Typical.  And the other *stat* is just one part of the equation.  I asked if record credit card dept is part of your equation of the economy is back.   I guess you don’t know.  Also, I specifically stated that most Americans disagree with surgically mutilating young children to align with their thought of gender.

Convention of States Action, along with the Trafalgar Group, released the data, which showed that “78.7 percent of voters believe underage minors should be required to wait until they are adults to legally use puberty blockers and undergo permanent sex-change procedures.”

https://www.thecentersquare.com/national/article_a969ff1a-5156-11ed-9243-733436a08713.html

You need to read my posts instead of just going off on what you think I said.

15 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

You say the Dems screwed up the border deal?

No, I said the Dems screwed up the border.  READ.

17 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Good grief, you guys need to get a grip. You’re being played for a bunch of fools and just bending over and taking it. Quit being a republican cuck and open your eyes for once.

You guys need to get a grip.  You’re being played for a bunch of fools and just bending over and taking it.  Quit being a Democrat cuck and open your eyes for once.  There, I corrected it for you.

It's not just the border bill:

GOP leaders face unrest amid chaotic, bungled votes

Former president Donald Trump has used his perch as the GOP front-runner to bend Congress to his political whims

Moments before pandemonium broke out on the House floor on Tuesday evening, House Majority Whip Tom Emmer approached Rep. Ken Buck (R-Colo.), who had assumed a leisurely slouch in a rickety wooden chair in the back of the House chamber, for what appeared to be a quick chat.

Unbeknownst to reporters whose eyes were trained on Emmer (R-Minn.) — the member of House leadership responsible for counting votes — he informed Buck that the vote to impeach Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas was going to result in a tie.

Buck, one of the three House Republicans who voted to sink the articles of impeachment, said Wednesday that he hadn’t heard from anyone in leadership before that moment — despite publicly declaring his opposition to the measure well ahead of the vote. (A senior leadership aide familiar with his outreach efforts, who like others in this story spoke on the condition of anonymity to speak candidly, said House Speaker Mike Johnson of Louisiana spent ample time working with others who had been on the fence.)

“Speaker Johnson never called me,” Buck said. “[Former speaker Kevin McCarthy] would have yelled — Mike knows me well enough not to yell. And [former speaker John A.] Boehner would have broken my arm. It’s gotten easier as I’ve been here.”

The surprise defeat stunned many in the House GOP conference, who were incredulous that Johnson would roll the dice on such a consequential vote. The saga was the latest in a tenure marred by chaos and frustration, with members starting to lose patience with an inexperienced leader who they feel has made serious tactical missteps overseeing an unwieldy conference that even Republicans admit may be impossible to corral.

The dysfunction in the House Republican conference was rivaled only by that of its counterpart in the Senate. Republicans this week killed a border security bill that a small bipartisan group of senators spent months negotiating after House Republicans telegraphed that their conference — and by extension, the far-right base led by former president Donald Trump — would not support the bill.

The GOP leaders’ shaky hold over their conferences has led Democrats to fret about whether the House can again avert a government shutdown ahead of a March 1 deadline — as well as whether Congress may abandon key U.S. allies during wartime.

The chaos that has plagued congressional Republicans has intensified as Trump has tightened his grip on the party in his bid to lock up the GOP presidential nomination. Johnson and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) have applied dramatically different approaches to Trump, with Johnson keeping in lockstep with the former president while McConnell has frostily kept his distance. But Trump’s influence has minimized their credibility with and sway over their colleagues. It has also caused some members to fear that the emerging leadership vacuum and their inability to govern could cost them politically.

“That was a really massive failure,” one House GOP lawmaker said Wednesday of Johnson’s decision to bring the Mayorkas vote to the floor, followed by a failed vote to pass $17.6 billion in aid to Israel. “You combine that with what is going on right now with the whole Senate immigration debacle. … The way that these things have been handled — this is an opportunity for the White House to … dump this on our lap, and that could be a huge political mistake.”

A similar sentiment was echoed later in the day in the Senate after a contentious closed-door GOP luncheon, where Republicans bemoaned the political disarray that has consumed them.

“It’s been a total disaster,” Sen. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.) declared to reporters about how GOP leaders handled the border bill. “Why would voters look at what goes on over here, this circus, and say we want more of this? … I don’t think the last three months could have been handled any worse than it has been handled from a leadership perspective.”

Senate Republicans, who tend to view themselves as the more deliberative and efficient legislative body, have over the past few months come to resemble their rowdier House counterparts: unable to follow through on major promises and increasingly beholden to the far-right flank of the party. As Trump and conservative commentators panned the border deal that would have marked the first significant action taken by Congress on immigration in decades, Senate Republicans soon pulled the rug out from under a colleague, Sen. James Lankford (Okla.), the lead GOP negotiator.

“I used to say that the Senate was a lot different than the House, that there were more Republican pragmatists, people who want to do the right thing for national security,” said Sen. Martin Heinrich (D-N.M.). “I don’t know if that’s still true anymore after this week, so I’m not sure where we go from here.”

In an angry floor speech ahead of the vote, Lankford said he was disappointed that some colleagues were deciding not to try to solve the border crisis simply because it’s a presidential election year. Lankford also said he was threatened by a “popular commentator,” who told him, “If you try to move a bill that solves the border crisis during this presidential year, I will do whatever I can to destroy you”....

Edited by homersapien

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2024/02/trump-republican-national-convention-chaos-2024/677375/

....“I feel like the guy standing in the middle of a field in a thunderstorm holding up a metal stick,” Lankford lamented last week, before lightning struck. “The reason we’ve been talking about the border is because they wanted to, the persistent critics,” McConnell told Politico. “You can’t pass a bill without dealing with a Democratic president and a Democratic Senate.”

McConnell is right, but no one in his caucus wants to hear it. As for Lankford, his mistake was believing his colleagues when they said they wanted a bill that would tighten the border, and then trying to write one. But the Trump wing of the Republican Party isn’t interested in policy—it’s interested in sending signals. The MAGA crowd would rather impeach Mayorkas, even if they know he won’t be convicted and it won’t change anything, than enact a law that actually affects the border. The point is expression, not legislation."

The Border Bill is just a snow storm for pols to hide behind. We have 1000 immigration laws. We simply choose to ignore them. We don’t need more laws, we just need to enforce the laws we have already. 

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

The Border Bill is just a snow storm for pols to hide behind. We have 1000 immigration laws. We simply choose to ignore them. We don’t need more laws, we just need to enforce the laws have already. 

I’ve been saying this for years. The problem is more advantageous for both sides than a true fix. 

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I’ve been saying this for years. The problem is more advantageous for both sides than a true fix. 

Exactly. If you are stupid enough to fall for this crap you should not be allowed to vote. You don't give a damn about America, you are just a slave to your party's narrative. Look, this makes absolutely no sense. Why do we need more laws? We don't. This is a snow job of crapola to give the minions something to chatter on about during the rest of the election. NO ONE ACTUALLY PLANS ON ENFORCING ANY PART OF THIS BILL. At some level it is just a $$$ Raiser for both parties.

Edited by DKW 86

The Border Bill

And the Stupid People fall for it 24-7-365.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Exactly. If you are stupid enough to fall for this crap you should not be allowed to vote. You don't give a damn about America, you are just a slave to your party's narrative. Look, this makes absolutely no sense. Why do we need more laws? We don't. This is a snow job of crapola to give the minions something to chatter on about during the rest of the election. NO ONE ACTUALLY PLANS ON ENFORCING ANY PART OF THIS BILL. At some level it is just a $$$ Raiser for both parties.

To me, George Carlin made a lot more sense than the people running this country. He was saying back in the 80s and 90s that politicians want you and I talking about stupid stuff while they run off with all the money. I believe that. As long as we’re arguing about TGs drinking beer or Hunter Biden porn tapes they have a green light to pursue what they really want: money and power. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

The Border Bill is just a snow storm for pols to hide behind. We have 1000 immigration laws. We simply choose to ignore them. We don’t need more laws, we just need to enforce the laws we have already. 

Does that include deporting all of the "dreamers"?