College Gameday coming to AU vs Kentucky

stat that pops out to me, Auburn and Kansas are the only 2 basketball schools to host college game day each of the last 4 seasons.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Hoping our lights work that night…

Oh wait. 

The Jungle will be rocking that night. Love it!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

Makes me think of this lol

image.jpeg

Blue blood is a stupid outdated term that should be retired and forgotten 

23 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Blue blood is a stupid outdated term that should be retired and forgotten 

to change the subject did you know the Auburn baseball team is plying in huntsville i think in april? you would need to check the schedule but a dude on the rant claims he got tickets behind home plate for seventeen bucks a pop. i have not checked so i am taking a chance of getting my butt chewed if the info is wrong but i have taken that chance just for you. grins

They might change their minds after today. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

They might change their minds after today. 

That Kentucky team got ran off the floor against a metrically worse South Carolina team by virutally the same margin and they still booked the game; I wouldn't worry much about this happening lol. 

I'd like for Kentucky to lose however they can lose, esp in Rupp, but a loss to Gonzaga almost uncertainly drops them out of the rankings and drops them a few spots in the NET. It would be nice to have them as high as possible to have as good a win as possible, but...I wouldn't be mad 

• Like 1

Kentucky has now lost 3 home games in a row, for the first time ever at Rupp.

We should certainly beat them at Neville.

https://sports.yahoo.com/kentucky-loses-3rd-straight-home-game-for-1st-time-in-rupp-arena-history-000658150.html

6 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

to change the subject did you know the Auburn baseball team is plying in huntsville i think in april? you would need to check the schedule but a dude on the rant claims he got tickets behind home plate for seventeen bucks a pop. i have not checked so i am taking a chance of getting my butt chewed if the info is wrong but i have taken that chance just for you. grins

Yes plan to be there

https://www.milb.com/rocket-city/events/auburn

https://www.waaytv.com/news/auburn-troy-baseball-teams-facing-off-at-toyota-field/article_5a83a362-9de3-11ee-b162-bba7b319a5c2.html

Edited by TigerOne
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WillMunny said:

Kentucky has now lost 3 home games in a row, for the first time ever at Rupp.

We should certainly beat them at Neville.

https://sports.yahoo.com/kentucky-loses-3rd-straight-home-game-for-1st-time-in-rupp-arena-history-000658150.html

They’re an incredibly talented offensive team, and may have the two most impressive freshmen in the whole conference, but the defense just isn’t there. Only won by I believe 10 against UGA, in a game where they scored 100+. 
They profile a lot like Alabama, just with a stable of guards that are a bit closer to each other in talent. They don’t have the Sears that stirs the drink and everyone else just takes a sip. 
Honestly think we’ll need 80 minimum to win, and probably 90 to win with some sort of space 

One good thing about this next week is that the SCar game is going to have a revenge slant, and this game is one of those matchups that Pearl gets the boys to play up for. No chance they have an overall flat game, although I could see that SCar game being a rock fight  

Guaranteed UK will shoot the 3 at will and likely hit early on.   Must defend that.  I just hope Cal doesn't realize how he's mismanaging the roster by then. Their best player to everyone but Cal didn't play much 2nd half of Gonzaga.  That's why the locals are up in arms with him.  

Also we will have some big time basketball recruits in Auburn for that game, including 5* Jasper Johnson. Need a good showing to have a chance with him most likely.  

A sweep this week will set us up very nicely.