Super Bowl thread?

Or is everyone partying?

Damn good game - lots of running. 

McCaffery such fun to watch! Use to watch him when a Carolina Panther.

SF came to play.

Edited by homersapien

This guy Travis Kelce just grabbed the hell out of Andy Reid?! What was that ?

Very ‘meh’ so far all the way aroung, based on hardly ever taking a look-see. 

• Haha 1

Personally, i’m way more concerned getting my ribs to finish while enjoying a new rum and cola formulation. Rain perturbed the smoke. The armadillo eggs came out perfectly. Apparently they had no halftime entertainment as an usher is just roaming around caterwauling. Roamed through early and saw a commercial I really liked. I think the strategy in advertising and broadcasting this year is just trying to not offend the 1000 factions who will take offense at any article of grammar. Bleah. 

• Haha 1

Well, it's the only NFL game I've really watched this year, but it's a good 'un.  Good defense on both sides.

Edited by homersapien

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well, it's the only NFL I've watched this year, but it's a good 'un.  Good defense on both sides.

Yup. As far as x’s and o’s, it is decent. Never as exciting as NHL. NFL should get over themselves. 

11 minutes ago, AUx said:

Yup. As far as x’s and o’s, it is decent. Never as exciting as NHL. NFL should get over themselves. 

Agree about NHL. Never appreciated it until I saw a game live. WOW! (And I'm a southerner who doesn't skate.)

TV just can't do it justice - not even close.

Edited by homersapien

Yup. I’m not good. kid is a great goalie and decent player. If the world was populated by hockey skaters, all would be good. The BEST community in the world. 
srsly, you run into a hockey player and need anything, they’ll do anything’s in their power. 

Edited by AUx
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, AUx said:

Yup. I’m not good. kid is goalie and skater. If the world was populated by hockey skaters, all would be good. The BEST community in the world. 

Agree with this too.

I used to play tennis at an indoor facility in SC that featured a skating rink.

On early Saturday mornings a group of yankees - of all types - would be in the locker room donning their gear.  We had a lot of fun.

Hockey is the only reason I have ever regretted for not being born in the north.  What a game!!

Speed finesse and violence! What's not to love?

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

Oh look, there’s some celebrity who preaches ‘save the environment’ but jets to the zippy mart. Back to reading books.  Hope san fran wins. 

• Like 1

Great ball game. Have come to enjoy pro ball again sorta like the kid days. They have cut down on much of the celebration after ever play. Not a penalty ever other snap. Athleticism is unbelievable.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well, it's the only NFL game I've really watched this year, but it's a good 'un.  Good defense on both sides.

Need to watch the playoffs in the future. Talking great games!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Agree with this too.

I used to play tennis at an indoor facility in SC that featured a skating rink.

On early Saturday mornings a group of yankees - of all types - would be in the locker room donning their gear.  We had a lot of fun.

Hockey is the only reason I have ever regretted for not being born in the north.  What a game!!

Speed finesse and violence! What's not to love?

Avoiding violence. They’re not stoopid. Yep, wish i’d been born in a permafrost region and grown up playing hockey in the backyard. Great ethic in that culture. 

6 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Great ball game. Have come to enjoy pro ball again sorta like the kid days. They have cut down on much of the celebration after ever play. Not a penalty ever other snap. Athleticism is unbelievable.

Don’t watch the regular season. Yep, a regular season, playoff, or championship. Superbowl is exactly what they are not. 

7 minutes ago, AUx said:

Avoiding violence. They’re not stoopid. Yep, wish i’d been born in a permafrost region and grown up playing hockey in the backyard. Great ethic in that culture. 

"Contact"?  :-\

Edited by homersapien

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

"Contact"?  :-\

Best players/teams, not. Avoid. Watch. 

Edited by AUx
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, AUx said:

Don’t watch the regular season. Yep, a regular season, playoff, or championship. Superbowl is exactly what they are not. 

We are worn out from college football on Saturday in the south. Sundays in the fall are arguably the most desirable time of year to get out and enjoy family. NFL playoff hits just right.

Great game finish coming up.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Kelsey trucked that tackler

Think you mean Kelce.

Hate to see OT football at any level. Love extra inning free baseball.

• Haha 1