Trump Ordered to Pay $355 Million in New York Fraud Case

2 hours ago, aubaseball said:

or so you claim.

What other event have we had in the last 100 years that claimed over a million American lives? 

the Covid issue

What issue? Trump said it wasn’t real  

Your analogy with the rattlesnake is not even remotely accurate.

See in my world experience it is. Leader’s words matter. How they guide their people matters. Advice they give and proclamations they make matter. Everytime.  

FWIW regarding the riots from BLM, I’m not a Dem but I was heavily disgusted and outspoken about them. I called them what they were: criminal riots. Just like Jan 6th. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 1

Most of the Trump haters on this forum get spun up about some of sh$t he says , when it’s hyperbole.    The man is full of it.   
Now if you want to be taken serious on the Covid issue, need look any further than when the pandemic was at its worst and you had protesters running everywhere causing destruction and not one democrat was against it.   Why is that?   The pandemic was the worst thing to happen in the last 100 years or so you claim.   Your analogy with the rattlesnake is not even remotely accurate.    But whatever, let’s rally in the streets, it’s safer there.   

Trump was the 1st in line to frantically get a shot, before that he recommended bleach. The “words” thing kinda matters.

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Leader’s words matter.

11 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

The “words” thing kinda matters.

The leader that actually was responsible for a lot of policy during COVID recommended 6ft of separation to reduce the spread.  That one policy shut down several businesses and curtailed revenue severely, shut down schools and sporting events.  We know know the 6ft distance was an arbitrary number, made up yet was adopted as the standard for businesses.

Words do matter.  How many people do you know drank bleach?  None, I thought so.  ERs did have a higher than normal incidents of exposure to bleach because people were cleaning with it excesssively.  

There was a lot of misinformation out there at the time because people were in a panic.  The media feed the public with a constant barrage of updates nightly of hospitalizations and deaths.  When did that stop?  I can’t remember for the life of me.  Oh well it doesn’t matter now.

Biden ran on beating the virus if I recall.  Did he *beat the virus*?  No, but words matter from our leaders.  Biden initially said he didn’t see how he could mandate the vaccine, yet he found a way.  Words matter.  

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

The leader that actually was responsible for a lot of policy during COVID recommended 6ft of separation to reduce the spread.  That one policy shut down several businesses and curtailed revenue severely, shut down schools and sporting events.  We know know the 6ft distance was an arbitrary number, made up yet was adopted as the standard for businesses.

Words do matter.  How many people do you know drank bleach?  None, I thought so.  ERs did have a higher than normal incidents of exposure to bleach because people were cleaning with it excesssively.  

There was a lot of misinformation out there at the time because people were in a panic.  The media feed the public with a constant barrage of updates nightly of hospitalizations and deaths.  When did that stop?  I can’t remember for the life of me.  Oh well it doesn’t matter now.

Biden ran on beating the virus if I recall.  Did he *beat the virus*?  No, but words matter from our leaders.  Biden initially said he didn’t see how he could mandate the vaccine, yet he found a way.  Words matter.  

Again, you won’t find me defending Biden.   But my issue with Trump and maga is broader than just one election.

Heres what scares me:  most dems and all moderates would prefer/pray for anyone but Biden (and will admit it), but maga would light themselves on fire defending Trump - no matter who he is and what he does. I see it on this board every day.  When you see different ideas as demonic evil, there is no compromise - just loyalty to your party and total war, and the constitution and country can’t function.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Words matter.

Praise be, we agree on something.😅

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Again, you won’t find me defending Biden.   But my issue with Trump and maga is broader than just one election.

Heres what scares me:  most dems and all moderates would prefer/pray for anyone but Biden (and will admit it), but maga would light themselves on fire defending Trump - no matter who he is and what he does. I see it on this board every day.  When you see different ideas as demonic evil, there is no compromise - just loyalty to your party and total war, and the constitution and country can’t function.

If most Dems would prefer to have someone else as the nominee why haven’t they?  I know you have mentioned it’s hard to replace the incumbent, but this is as cultish as you say MAGA is.

When you say *demonic evil* which side are you talking about?  Mutilating minors is demonic to me and the left cult is just fine with it.  When you say there is no compromise do you really think there was any debate about letting 5000 illlegals in a day was a compromise?  What did they start out with 10,000?  There is no debating going on, its the party in charge that is wielding the power and Biden is as authoritarian as any president we have had.  People on this board will still ridicule that statement and compare Trump to Hitler.

Have you noticed the Dems only strategy to win the election is to either put Trump in jail or banckrupt him so he can’t run?  Is that the party you prefer, just because it is Trump?  How is America going to look with 4 more years of Biden?  Well I should say a year or two with Biden and 2 to 3 years with Kamala?

Wake up, the max Trump will be in the WH is 4 years and then we can get back to a normal presidential contest with candidates that aren’t old, because the American people don’t want that as they have voiced that opinion about this election.  Neither party is willing to listen, but in 2028 they will have to.

• Facepalm 1

11 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

This is how you are wrong.  I’ve seen most of the republicans on here agree that they wish Trump wasn’t going to be the Republican nominee.    I or no one on here can change how someone in another state votes.    The difference is, you and others on here just lump everyone as deplorables/maga’s if they choose Trump over Biden.   Biden is an awful human and is a politician through and through.   Trump is no better but I would choose him over Biden every time.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

If most Dems would prefer to have someone else as the nominee why haven’t they?  I know you have mentioned it’s hard to replace the incumbent, but this is as cultish as you say MAGA is.

When you say *demonic evil* which side are you talking about?  Mutilating minors is demonic to me and the left cult is just fine with it.  When you say there is no compromise do you really think there was any debate about letting 5000 illlegals in a day was a compromise?  What did they start out with 10,000?  There is no debating going on, its the party in charge that is wielding the power and Biden is as authoritarian as any president we have had.  People on this board will still ridicule that statement and compare Trump to Hitler.

Have you noticed the Dems only strategy to win the election is to either put Trump in jail or banckrupt him so he can’t run?  Is that the party you prefer, just because it is Trump?  How is America going to look with 4 more years of Biden?  Well I should say a year or two with Biden and 2 to 3 years with Kamala?

Wake up, the max Trump will be in the WH is 4 years and then we can get back to a normal presidential contest with candidates that aren’t old, because the American people don’t want that as they have voiced that opinion about this election.  Neither party is willing to listen, but in 2028 they will have to.

Is there even a chance that the reason Trump is constant litigation (as he has been every year of his entire life) is that he … breaks the law? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Is there even a chance that the reason Trump is constant litigation (as he has been every year of his entire life) is that he … breaks the law? 

He skirts it all the time, he just has good lawyers and knows how to play the game.  The government has 4 attempts at him right now, but he is still innocent until proven guilty. All that we have asked is to prove it and it will be a simple choice.

10 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

He skirts it all the time, he just has good lawyers and knows how to play the game.  The government has 4 attempts at him right now, but he is still innocent until proven guilty. All that we have asked is to prove it and it will be a simple choice.

I’ll leave at this. I understand your concern about the border (75% of the country does) but I think your transgender terror is way over the top.  And imo until Haley drops out and there is no true 3rd party option - and there truely are no options but Biden and Trump - the lesser of 2 evils argument is premature and too convenient to hide behind.  The people of South Carolina have a choice that doesn’t involve Biden - let’s see what they do without the Biden boogey man. And the gops true colors.

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

I’ll leave at this. I understand your concern about the border (75% of the country does) but I think your transgender terror is way over the top.  And imo until Haley drops out and there is no true 3rd party option - and there truely are no options but Biden and Trump - the lesser of 2 evils argument is premature and too convenient to hide behind.  The people of South Carolina have a choice that doesn’t involve Biden - let’s see what they do without the Biden boogey man. And the gops true colors.

Spoke with a couple of South Carolinians this morning. Planning our annual golf adventure turned to many topics including Trump/Haley. They see no path for Haley even though they prefer her. They say many if not most will vote for Trump for this reason alone and the main goal is simply to defeat Biden before he destroys the country. Hard to argue.

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

The Gay coalition won the right of marriage in 2015.  The LGBTQaodjgo coalition then formed because gay marriage was not enough.  They (the TQfalf) part want children as to decide what gender they are at an age where they are not aware of the consequences.  All this in 9 years.  That coalition wants a child to be able to consent to life altering and procreation distroying surgeries because they (the kids) knows what they want.  So, if a child can make this type of decision for themselves is it a stretch for them to be able to decide on their sexual behavior with a MAP (minor attracted person) formally known as a pedophile?  I know, that can never happen, right?

By the way Georgia has a bill in committee about how to treat parents when the child is trans:

https://www.billtrack50.com/billdetail/1558354/36110

I wonder why they would need to define a parent’s involvement when it come to the child and public schools?

As to you broader statement:  the lesser of two evils is not too convienent to hide behind.  I know Biden is evil in every decision he makes because he is married to power.  He would sell his soul for another vote even if it has to do with butchering our youth or standing behind a terrorist group in Hamas and Iran giving them money through aid to feed the terrorist regimes.

Trump maybe a flawed individual, but he isn’t Biden evil.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Spoke with a couple of South Carolinians this morning. Planning our annual golf adventure turned to many topics including Trump/Haley. They see no path for Haley even though they prefer her. They say many if not most will vote for Trump for this reason alone and the main goal is simply to defeat Biden before he destroys the country. Hard to argue.

i love her views on social security.

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The Gay coalition won the right of marriage in 2015.  The LGBTQaodjgo coalition then formed because gay marriage was not enough.  They (the TQfalf) part want children as to decide what gender they are at an age where they are not aware of the consequences.  All this in 9 years.  That coalition wants a child to be able to consent to life altering and procreation distroying surgeries because they (the kids) knows what they want.  So, if a child can make this type of decision for themselves is it a stretch for them to be able to decide on their sexual behavior with a MAP (minor attracted person) formally known as a pedophile?  I know, that can never happen, right?

By the way Georgia has a bill in committee about how to treat parents when the child is trans:

https://www.billtrack50.com/billdetail/1558354/36110

I wonder why they would need to define a parent’s involvement when it come to the child and public schools?

As to you broader statement:  the lesser of two evils is not too convienent to hide behind.  I know Biden is evil in every decision he makes because he is married to power.  He would sell his soul for another vote even if it has to do with butchering our youth or standing behind a terrorist group in Hamas and Iran giving them money through aid to feed the terrorist regimes.

Trump maybe a flawed individual, but he isn’t Biden evil.

sorry i call bull.

11 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Even in our current weakened condition as a nation, I believe it is bigger than one man, be it Trump or Biden or any who have gone before them or will go after them. The phenomena of one party  having all the answers or creating all the problems, is the problem. We have to step back from that. Power in the White House and Congress is about as 50/50 as it gets over any length of time. It swings back and forth and that was our founding fathers intent in my opinion. Same for the Supreme Court. Reagan found ways to work with Tip O’Neil just as Clinton found ways to work with Newt Gingrich. Now it’s “us vs them” all the time. Until we break that cycle and learn to moderate and compromise with each other we will stay on this destructive course. Being a Dem or Repub will mean nothing if we destroy our democracy from within. 

• Like 1

Just two and a half weeks ago, The Free Press published the story of Tamara Pietzke, who said she had been pressured in her job as a therapist to approve all teen gender transitions. Tamara is the third whistleblower—alongside Jamie Reed and Riittakerttu Kaltiala—to speak out in our pages about their fears that the medical treatment of minors with gender dysphoria is harming a generation of youths. 

https://www.thefp.com/p/i-was-fired-after-blowing-the-whistle

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Yep, even though Haley polls significantly higher against Biden (17 pts) than Trump.  Not even close. It’s amazing to me the constant whining that nobody really wants Trump in the gop - as he polls at over 60% with in it - but gosh darn it they just have to. Dear lord maga rationalizations exhaust me

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

you claim biden is a crook and he has not been proven guilty. wassup wid dat?

15 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Yep, even though Haley polls significantly higher against Biden (17 pts) than Trump.  Not even close. It’s amazing to me the constant whining that nobody really wants Trump in the gop - as he polls at over 60% with in it - but gosh darn it they just have to. Dear lord maga rationalizations exhaust me

Not a fan of polls and don't believe either Trump or Haley will beat Biden or his replacement. Not just my opinion.

https://www.usnews.com/news/the-report/articles/2024-02-16/democrats-are-trailing-everywhere-but-at-the-ballot-box

The two guys I spoke with are a dem and indy respectively. Just relaying what they are hearing on the ground. We'll see if they are correct and I suspect they are. 

17 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

An opinion:

Why no charges then? Among other things, Hur states, Biden “is someone for whom many jurors will want to identify reasonable doubt.”

Reasons for this could, of course, could include the political bias of Washington, D.C. jurors, the vast majority of whom would likely support Biden in the coming presidential election.

Hur is most likely correct in his assumption that a jury in Washington, D.C.—one of the bluest cities in the nation that Biden won by an astounding margin of 87 points in 2020—would acquit Biden no matter what.

https://amac.us/newsline/society/hur-report-shows-jury-nullification-is-corrupt-dems-invincibility-shield/

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

Not a fan of polls and don't believe either Trump or Haley will beat Biden or his replacement. Not just my opinion.

https://www.usnews.com/news/the-report/articles/2024-02-16/democrats-are-trailing-everywhere-but-at-the-ballot-box

The two guys I spoke with are a dem and indy respectively. Just relaying what they are hearing on the ground. We'll see if they are correct and I suspect they are. 

I agree trump will lose when the country finally comes to grip with the reality of the 2 dumpster fire options. Potentially badly unless Biden continues to deteriorate. Personally I think Haley would have curb stomped Biden (unless the Dems pulled a rabbit out at their convention).

17 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

No, I claim he skirts the law, but doesn’t break the law.  It’s like Bama paying for players, but there is enough deniability that they weren’t charged.  He has been found liable for costs, but not found guilty of a crime punishable by jail time.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

No, I claim he skirts the law, but doesn’t break the law.  It’s like Bama paying for players, but there is enough deniability that they weren’t charged.  He has been found liable for costs, but not found guilty of a crime punishable by jail time.

i am not real big on any of them. i like a lot of the things biden did but i wholeheartedly agree he is too old. so is the donald. this country could do so much better if we all just quit falling for  the bullcrap on both sides. call me a dummy but i thought libs were mostly innocent but i see fact check stuff on trump where my side made crap up. i mean come on. who has to make up stuff about him? this country should be electing its best and brightest. and i hate a liar. well i use the word but i do not mean it literally. i wish we had a truth in journalism law. not to stop freedom of speech but to go after those who slander anyone or abuse the privilege that many in this world do not get to enjoy.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Skirting the law in most cases is still breaking the law. They are able to avoid the punishment either through muddying the waters or the crime is not worth seeking punishment (ie going 5 miles over the speed limit).

Because people can muddy the waters enough so that they can't be 100% proven guilty in a criminal case, they have a civil case where you can be found liable for more than likely committing the crime. Think OJs case. Being held liable for any crime is still bad and its crazy the amount of people that just brush it off and/or make excuses for it.