Lunardi- this doesn't make sense

Like I said, it's a timing thing.  The committee is not going to reshuffle all the top seeds because AU won a couple of SEC tournament games.  It didn't move the needle in 2019 when AU won and it didn't move the needle when AU lost in 2022.

9 minutes ago, keeperoftheplains said:

Like I said, it's a timing thing.  The committee is not going to reshuffle all the top seeds because AU won a couple of SEC tournament games.  It didn't move the needle in 2019 when AU won and it didn't move the needle when AU lost in 2022.

KSKvdT1YGCpUIonvSq.webp

Basically the SEC tournament is for teams on the bubble. Just to stick it to the committee it would almost be worth it to let a UGA or Mizzou win so they can get the AQ lol

4 hours ago, arktiger1975 said:

And that idiot Jerry Palm still has us as the 2nd weakest 4 seed as of this morning.

He was right with our seeding. Maybe he had some inside information.

11 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

It’s moronic for a coach to just tell his team their accomplishment didn’t mean a damn thing.

IMG_1622.jpeg

Well, you're a moron if that's what you got out of his statement.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Well, you're a moron if that's what you got out of his statement.

You’re a moron if I’m confusing you with this statement.

• Dislike 2

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Your a moron if I’m confusing you with this statement.

It's obvious he's speaking up for his team, not belittling their accomplishment. Not hard at all to figure that out.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, boisnumber1 said:

It's obvious he's speaking up for his team, not belittling their accomplishment. Not hard at all to figure that out.

There’s a much better way to say it. Not hard to figure out at all. Folks in his position need to have that skill.

• Dislike 2

Just now, TexasTiger said:

There’s a much better way to say it. Folks in his position need to have that skill.

Yeah ok.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TuscaloosaTiger said:

He was right with our seeding. Maybe he had some inside information.

His inside information was what everyone has access to...NCAA bracket history.

12 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

It’s moronic for a coach to just tell his team their accomplishment didn’t mean a damn thing.

IMG_1622.jpeg

Watch the brief interview, context matters.  Also I’ve watched their segments in the past with Steven Pearl.  There is a banter they all have that also plays in.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Viper said:

His inside information was what everyone has access to...NCAA bracket history.

Perhaps, but if Quad 1 wins are so highly weighted how does the committee consider a team with more Quad 1 wins and losses  such as UA, which is 4/10 vs AU which is 2/7 (I believe this is still accurate post SEC tournament)? Do they take a percentage of total wins to total games played against Quad 1 teams? If so, then UA should have been the 15 overall seed and AU the 16 seed. Maybe we had better road wins than UA, which was also a consideration weighted by the Committee. It just seems very tricky to rely so heavily on Quad 1 wins for placement when there are so many other metrics to consider.

37 minutes ago, TuscaloosaTiger said:

Perhaps, but if Quad 1 wins are so highly weighted how does the committee consider a team with more Quad 1 wins and losses  such as UA, which is 4/10 vs AU which is 2/7 (I believe this is still accurate post SEC tournament)? Do they take a percentage of total wins to total games played against Quad 1 teams? If so, then UA should have been the 15 overall seed and AU the 16 seed. Maybe we had better road wins than UA, which was also a consideration weighted by the Committee. It just seems very tricky to rely so heavily on Quad 1 wins for placement when there are so many other metrics to consider.

I think u have to look at the overall schedule. I believe they played Zona and Purdue pretty close to name a few in out of conference. Unfortunately the teams that Auburn played didn’t fare as well outside of maybe App State

14 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

IMG_1622.jpeg

Are you a Pearl hater? Coach hater? Auburn hater? Or just a dumb***?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

I think u have to look at the overall schedule. I believe they played Zona and Purdue pretty close to name a few in out of conference. Unfortunately the teams that Auburn played didn’t fare as well outside of maybe App State

So you are rewarded for playing and losing to Quad 1 teams in close games? Surely there is a better analytic than that. I believe UA won 21 games and lost double digits whereas we won 27 and lost 7 (I think that is correct after the tournament).  So overall record/schedule is also difficult to equate.

1 hour ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Hypothetically 

How do we match up with UConn? Don't know much about them 

I am thinking similar to 2021. Auburn had a few defensive collapses late that cost them. It was a good game though . Auburn can beat them is they clean up the missed free throws and layups. All points matter in the tourney and have the capitalize. Have to get past Yale and either SDSU /UAB first

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Are you a Pearl hater? Coach hater? Auburn hater? Or just a dumb***?

I don’t even hate idiots like you.

Just now, TexasTiger said:

I don’t even hate idiots like you.

Your words toward Steven belie your response.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1