Lunardi- this doesn't make sense

On 3/12/2024 at 12:56 AM, AU Is Gold said:

I'm talking about the teams in the SEC tournament that Auburn would play. So, yes our competition would be harder. The potential teams are South Carolina, Tennessee, and Kentucky/Alabama. All quad 1 games.

We played Missouri, South Carolina, Florida, and Tennessee that year.

Those teams are not more difficult than the top 2019 SEC teams as I already listed the record comparisons. 

All “potential” teams. Upsets do happen, as was the case when 8-seed FL beat 1-seed LSU in 2019.

So by proxy, AU beat the #1 seed in 2019. Wasn’t AU’s fault that LSU was so good, they kept TN & UK from being the top 2 seeds, therefore had to face one another in the semis.

If we win the tournament I expect you back here to explain how completely misunderstood you were. 

If we win the tournament, I will celebrate the 4-seed that is our destiny. If we don’t win it, I will celebrate the 4-seed that is our destiny.

In fact, on 12/21/2023 on this forum, when no one else was predicting this team to do anything in the tournament, I predicted this team to make the Sweet 16. That prediction (16 teams remaining) equals a 4-seed to begin the tournament. Thus far, I am spot on.

You can expect all you want. I will post when I want and how often I want. I will not be told by you or anyone else to be expected back to post, regardless of circumstances.

On 3/12/2024 at 9:05 AM, arktiger1975 said:

How your opponents do is something you have no control over. We had several name/highly regarded teams on our out of conference schedule this year that didn't pan out (although IU has played better as of late). Much of it is pure luck.

How does that change our 1-7 record in Quad 1 games?

23 hours ago, KillenTime said:

Because you believe Kerry Miller.  LOL   So Kerry Miller publishes real time "PROJECTIONS" and you believe it.   LOL  You need to suck Kerry Miller if you like his PROJECTIONS so much.  What an idiot.  

You attempted to call my bluff. You lost.

7e268d2e47e732426f5ef6ee1449b93b.jpg

18 hours ago, NCAubs said:

By the way, I would love to be a 3 seed.  Latest I saw was a 5 against 12 Princeton.  I hope that is inaccurate.  

It’s a trap!

It most likely will be inaccurate.  You can make up a whole bracket and be about as close as any of these "experts" who make this stuff up.  I mean it's fun but very seldom accurate.   

23 hours ago, JwgreDeux said:
  • Quadrant 1: Home 1-30, Neutral 1-50, Away 1-75
  • Quadrant 2: Home 31-75, Neutral 51-100, Away 76-135
  • Quadrant 3: Home 76-160, Neutral 101-200, Away 135-240
  • Quadrant 4: Home 161-353, Neutral 201-353, Away 241-353

Nope, they are live. 

Losses:

Neutral to Baylor (14 Net)

Road To APP St. (72) Risk of dropping to quad 2 loss if they drop out of top 75

To Bama (8)

To Miss St (42)

To Florida (35)

To UT (5)

Home To UK (19)

Wins that could improve to quad 1s: Road win at Ole Miss (90 needs to get to top 75), home win vs Miss State (42 need to get to top 30), Home win vs SOuth Carolina (49 needs to get to 30).

Potential opponents as Q1 opportunity: South Carolina (49) in round 3, Miss St or UT in round 4, UA or UF or UK in round 5. 

So in a perfect world, we win 3 Q1 games and two of our existing wins bump up to Q1 and suddenly we have 6 Q1 wins. I agree usually the SEC tourney doesn't move the needle much, but we may be an exception if anything remotely close to that happens. But if App St. drops to a Q2 loss and we lose our first game, we could drop a seed line as well. 

Nice work.

3 minutes ago, Viper said:

You attempted to call my bluff. You lost.

What are talking about?  You are using Kerry Miller as the basis for an argument.  Is Kerry Miller on the committee?  Geez   

On 3/12/2024 at 5:29 PM, NCAubs said:

By the way, I would love to be a 3 seed.  Latest I saw was a 5 against 12 Princeton.  I hope that is inaccurate.  

It’s a trap!

I know one thing. They better not give Kansas a 3 seed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/12/2024 at 5:27 PM, NCAubs said:

Good lawd.  You need help. 

??????????

Kansas has lost their 3 seed. Someone will bump up to the spot they were holding. 

• Like 2

Old miss did not move up that win won’t jump to Q1. South Carolina didn’t move much from their first round win. So our home win will not bump up to Q1 but today is a Q1 opportunity on a neutral floor with uSC at 48 in the NET. 

Hoping for MSU win vs UT to boost the MSU win but not holding my breath. 

4 minutes ago, JwgreDeux said:

Old miss did not move up that win won’t jump to Q1. South Carolina didn’t move much from their first round win. So our home win will not bump up to Q1 but today is a Q1 opportunity on a neutral floor with uSC at 48 in the NET. 

Hoping for MSU win vs UT to boost the MSU win but not holding my breath. 

State defense taking it to UT at the moment. UT may not score twenty points in the first half. 

On 3/11/2024 at 5:37 PM, Viper said:

NCAA Bracketology 2019: Real-Time Seed and Region Projections for All 68 Teams

KERRY MILLER
MARCH 12, 2019

NCAA Championship - East Region

1UVA
16WEBB/WEBB
8HALL
9USU
5AUB
12LIB
4WIS
13NE
6WOF
11Play-in
3HOU
14MONT
7MD
10WASH
2UK
15BRAD

Virginia can have a trophy but they KNOW they got a freaking gift. That was ours. We beat VA (without the blind or corrupt refs) and would have been favorites to win the tournament. Screw VA. In basketball, I hate, excuse me... dislike them with a passion. 

Sorry , Viper. I know that wasn't the discussion. That loss I can't get over, and I'm already over 4th and 31 or whatever.

Edited by JuscAUse!
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

Virginia can have a trophy but they KNOW they got a freaking gift. That was ours. We beat VA (without the blind or corrupt refs) and would have been favorites to win the tournament. Screw VA. In basketball, I hate, excuse me... dislike them with a passion. 

Sorry , Viper. I know that wasn't the discussion. That loss I can't get over, and I'm already over 4th and 31 or whatever.

Auburn fans will always despise Virginia because of what happened in 2019, just like Kentucky fans will always despise Duke because of what happened in 1992. Except ours was worse because of the blatant corruption involved. So yeah, eff Virginia. Forever and always.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

Auburn fans will always despise Virginia because of what happened in 2019, just like Kentucky fans will always despise Duke because of what happened in 1992. Except ours was worse because of the blatant corruption involved. So yeah, eff Virginia. Forever and always.

Ours was def way worse. Because it’s way more likely we never get to be in that position again than we do. Kentucky? Cry me a river. They are a blue blood and had already bagged plenty of nattys.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Ours was def way worse. Because it’s way more likely we never get to be in that position again than we do. Kentucky? Cry me a river. They are a blue blood and had already bagged plenty of nattys.

I wouldn't have near the animosity for Virginia that I do if they had whipped us fair and square. It was the fact that we were cheated just so they could fulfill their little redemption story that I detest.

• Like 3

I might have to eat my words . Based on todays events a 3 seed might be in the cards

• Love 1

26 minutes ago, e808 said:

I might have to eat my words . Based on todays events a 3 seed might be in the cards

If Auburn wins these next two it will be a guaranteed 3 seed. I will not be forgetting about you too @Viper

• Haha 1

On 3/11/2024 at 7:54 PM, AU Is Gold said:

There is tougher competition in this tournament compared to the 2018-2019 year

On 3/11/2024 at 11:21 PM, Viper said:

I would strongly argue the Top 4 SEC teams in 2019 were collectively better than the Top 4 SEC teams in 2024.

So no, there is not tougher competition in this tournament amongst the top 4. 

I'm talking about the teams in the SEC tournament that Auburn would play. So, yes our competition would be harder. The potential teams are South Carolina, Tennessee, and Kentucky/Alabama. All quad 1 games.

On 3/13/2024 at 11:50 AM, Viper said:

Those teams are not more difficult than the top 2019 SEC teams as I already listed the record comparisons. 

All “potential” teams. Upsets do happen, as was the case when 8-seed FL beat 1-seed LSU in 2019.

863f840a-a686-493e-89ac-2363d8e0a7fc_tex

condescending-wonka.gif

10 minutes ago, AU Is Gold said:

If Auburn wins these next two it will be a guaranteed 3 seed. I will not be forgetting about you too @Viper

I know most wanted to see Bama fall tonight but if Auburn got past Moo State would have much rather played Bama if possible in the championship game. I really don’t like the matchup with Tamu or Fla 

On 3/13/2024 at 12:03 PM, KillenTime said:

What are talking about?  You are using Kerry Miller as the basis for an argument.  Is Kerry Miller on the committee?  Geez   

Joe Lunardi isn't on the committee either.

What am I talking about? You called my bluff...

On 3/11/2024 at 4:12 PM, KillenTime said:

you don't know where we were in the 2019 either.  We may have been a 6 going in and got bumped to a 5 in 2019 for all you know.  Acting like you know is hilarious.  You know nothing Viper. 

I said we were a 5-seed going into the 2019 Tournament. I provided someone who writes bleachreport articles on NCAA bball who agreed with me on March 12, 2019 that AU was a 5-seed in the NCAA Tourney, prior to the SEC Tournament.

You called my bluff. You lost. I set you straight.

7 hours ago, arktiger1975 said:

According to the latest from Lunardi, we are now "no worse than a 4 seed".

No worse than a 4-seed going in.

7 hours ago, JuscAUse! said:

100% agreed.

53 minutes ago, e808 said:

42 minutes ago, AU Is Gold said:

For beating a SC team we already beat by 40?

Then beating (NOT the #5 VOLS), but another team we've disposed of recently.

Then beating (NOT the #9 WILDCATS), but either Texas A&M (another team we've disposed of) or (NOT the #19 TAHD) to get revenge on 6-seed FL.

Keep in mind none of those remaining three teams are ranked.

For y'all's remote slim hope at a 3-seed, the least preferable path, of no remaining Quadrant 1 teams, has happened.

@AU Is Gold You've already devoured enough crow today to fill a landfill with your "tougher competition in this tournament compared to 2018-2019" prediction. It's time to turn in your CBB predictions and brackets because quite frankly, you absolutely suck at it.

Literally, today's #1, #2, and #3 seeds going down all in the SEC quarter-finals hasn't happened in FORTY-ONE years. And YOU picked THIS tournament to be AU's toughest.

A4-B7-E98-E-5-A26-4-A5-D-BE6-D-D5-CFC5-C

2 hours ago, Viper said:

For beating a SC team we already beat by 40?

Then beating (NOT the #5 VOLS), but another team we've disposed of recently.

Then beating (NOT the #9 WILDCATS), but either Texas A&M (another team we've disposed of) or (NOT the #19 TAHD) to get revenge on 6-seed FL.

Keep in mind none of those remaining three teams are ranked.

For y'all's remote slim hope at a 3-seed, the least preferable path, of no remaining Quadrant 1 teams, has happened.

@AU Is Gold You've already devoured enough crow today to fill a landfill with your "tougher competition in this tournament compared to 2018-2019" prediction. It's time to turn in your CBB predictions and brackets because quite frankly, you absolutely suck at it.

Literally, today's #1, #2, and #3 seeds going down all in the SEC quarter-finals hasn't happened in FORTY-ONE years. And YOU picked THIS tournament to be AU's toughest.

A4-B7-E98-E-5-A26-4-A5-D-BE6-D-D5-CFC5-C

Like I mentioned it’s hard to beat a team twice let alone by that margin of victory. No other team has took them to the woodshed like that this season. It says something that Auburn was able to avoid the upset bug where the others haven’t. If the tournament is solidifying tamu and Moo States spots some  consideration should be given to Auburn for a 3 spot. Especially the victories are handily