Lunardi- this doesn't make sense

14 hours ago, Viper said:

Joe Lunardi isn't on the committee either.

What am I talking about? You called my bluff...

I said we were a 5-seed going into the 2019 Tournament. I provided someone who writes bleachreport articles on NCAA bball who agreed with me on March 12, 2019 that AU was a 5-seed in the NCAA Tourney, prior to the SEC Tournament.

You called my bluff. You lost. I set you straight.

7e268d2e47e732426f5ef6ee1449b93b.jpg

Whatever. Joe isnt on the committee and he doesnt know anymore than you or me. That is my whole point. Such a loser. 

On 3/12/2024 at 12:36 PM, JwgreDeux said:
  • Quadrant 1: Home 1-30, Neutral 1-50, Away 1-75
  • Quadrant 2: Home 31-75, Neutral 51-100, Away 76-135
  • Quadrant 3: Home 76-160, Neutral 101-200, Away 135-240
  • Quadrant 4: Home 161-353, Neutral 201-353, Away 241-353

Nope, they are live. 

Losses:

Neutral to Baylor (14 Net)

Road To APP St. (72) Risk of dropping to quad 2 loss if they drop out of top 75

To Bama (8)

To Miss St (42)

To Florida (35)

To UT (5)

Home To UK (19)

Wins that could improve to quad 1s: Road win at Ole Miss (90 needs to get to top 75), home win vs Miss State (42 need to get to top 30), Home win vs SOuth Carolina (49 needs to get to 30).

Potential opponents as Q1 opportunity: South Carolina (49) in round 3, Miss St or UT in round 4, UA or UF or UK in round 5. 

So in a perfect world, we win 3 Q1 games and two of our existing wins bump up to Q1 and suddenly we have 6 Q1 wins. I agree usually the SEC tourney doesn't move the needle much, but we may be an exception if anything remotely close to that happens. But if App St. drops to a Q2 loss and we lose our first game, we could drop a seed line as well. 

South Carolina dropped out of top 50 so yesterday’s W isn’t a Q1. Today’s vs State is so now we have 2 Q1s. STATE is also now 32 in Met so if they bump up two more the home W va them could go to a Q1. 

Lunardi and some others now have us as a 3 seed. Going to be close 

A&M is up to 42 in NET now. A win vs UF could get them closer to top 30 as well.  

1 hour ago, JwgreDeux said:

A&M is up to 42 in NET now. A win vs UF could get them closer to top 30 as well.  

Florida is 35, so it’s the same. I realize your thought was based on timing but Golden finally got the pace he wanted.  

Edited by NCAubs

On 3/11/2024 at 7:44 PM, Viper said:

I thought Quad 1 wins were at the time of the matchup.

Geez and you are on here acting like you know something. SMH. Explains a lot. 

• Haha 1

On 3/11/2024 at 7:44 PM, Viper said:

I thought Quad 1 wins were at the time of the matchup.

You are most definitely incorrect.  

I had respect for you once.  

The new bracket projections came out at like 2am this morning and, if they actually played out the way Lunardi has them, Auburn's bracket would be a nightmare. He had us on the 3 line with UConn as our 1, Iowa State on the 2, Duke as the 4, Florida as the 5, and Mississippi St as the 9. 🤢 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

The new bracket projections came out at like 2am this morning and, if they actually played out the way Lunardi has them, Auburn's bracket would be a nightmare. He had us on the 3 line with UConn as our 1, Iowa State on the 2, Duke as the 4, Florida as the 5, and Mississippi St as the 9. 🤢 

The only good news from that from the teams you listed we would only have to play iowa st plus whoever survives the rest of the teams you listed.

55 minutes ago, arein0 said:

The only good news from that from the teams you listed we would only have to play iowa st plus whoever survives the rest of the teams you listed.

The Cyclones looked like world beaters yesterday the way they dismantled Houston.  

We still owe them from the Chris Porter/Doc Robinson era. 

9 minutes ago, NCAubs said:

We still owe them from the Chris Porter/Doc Robinson era. 

Nope. We've only played Iowa State once and AU won that game. You are confusing them with Ohio State.

2 hours ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

That would be a complete screw job. Especially when he has bama out west with a bunch of paper tigers like UNC, Arizona, and Gonzaga.

It would be great to be a 3 seed or better. That gives you a relatively easy path to the sweet 16.  Once you get there, you can expect nothing but tough games anyway. We are up to 5 in the NET rankings.  We should be a 2 seed with a win today, but we would at least be a lock for a 3 seed.

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Nope. We've only played Iowa State once and AU won that game. You are confusing them with Ohio State.

I thought we lost to that Marcus Fizer led Iowa State team in 2000. Also, if I recall correctly, ISU drubbed us in Ames back during the Barbee era. Maybe you are thinking Iowa.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Please reference AU men’s 2000 NCAA tourney journey. You are confusing 1999 Ohio State with 2000 Iowa State. Handily lost to Marcus Fizer and Iowa State in the round of 32. Chris Porter self-reported late in the season that he took cash, and the NCAA declared him ineligible, so we didn’t have him in the tourney. Such was the end to his AU career, and the end to what was a promising 1999-2000 men’s campaign.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

I thought we lost to that Marcus Fizer led Iowa State team in 2000. Also, if I recall correctly, ISU drubbed us in Ames back during the Barbee era. Maybe you are thinking Iowa.

You are 100% correct. We are 2-2 against Iowa State all time. Barely beat them in 1986-87, got dismantled in the 2000 NCAAT 2nd round, got destroyed in Barbee’s final pathetic year, and then held on to beat them with the Okoro year in 2020 during the Big12/SEC challenge.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

The internet said we've only played ISU once and won that game. Beyond that, I know nothing!

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

The internet said we've only played ISU once and won that game. Beyond that, I know nothing!

Not sure where you are looking? I’ve personally seen 3 of the games.

5FB686B1-DB55-4FE3-A390-D8901C2642EC.png

DD908043-786F-47B8-A811-E2A2FC4FDB30.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Your internet is broken.  

Others have already pointed out your error so I won’t do it again.  

1 hour ago, arktiger1975 said:

That would be a complete screw job. Especially when he has bama out west with a bunch of paper tigers like UNC, Arizona, and Gonzaga.

My thoughts exactly. That would be handing Alabama a sweet 16 run without a challenge. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Obviously

We should be a 2 seed now.  Not saying we will be, just saying we should be.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

We should be a 2 seed now.  Not saying we will be, just saying we should be.

And that idiot Jerry Palm still has us as the 2nd weakest 4 seed as of this morning.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2024 at 12:25 PM, KillenTime said:

Zero possibility anyway right?  The SEC tourney doesn't matter.  If we beat TN on a neutral floor and KY in the championship game - doesn't matter.  right?  or did you change your mind?

I think if we lose to Arkansas/Vandy or South Carolina we may be a 5 seed.  If we win our first game we may be a 4 seed.  If we win 2 games in the tourney we might be a 3.  If we win it, I think we nail down a 3.  

On 3/11/2024 at 4:12 PM, KillenTime said:

Acting like you know is hilarious.  You know nothing Viper.

On 3/12/2024 at 12:56 AM, AU Is Gold said:

If we win the tournament I expect you back here to explain how completely misunderstood you were. 

On 3/16/2024 at 12:53 AM, AU Is Gold said:

If Auburn wins these next two it will be a guaranteed 3 seed. I will not be forgetting about you too @Viper

17 hours ago, KillenTime said:

Geez and you are on here acting like you know something. SMH. Explains a lot. 

2 hours ago, AU Is Gold said:

@ViperI'll be contacting you here soon. Keep in touch good sir. War eagle!

Flair-We-told-ya-so-2.gif

Ric-Flair-celebrates-his-1992-Royal-Rumb