NCAA Tournament Thread (Non-Auburn Games)

It’s tough watching this. You’d think there were SEC refs out there how much they’re calling fouls down low. Edey doesn’t have a single foul but there’s like 11 against him? Wild. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would be lying if I said I am I did not want to see a match up between Purdue vs UCONN.

• Like 2

Finally called one on the big fella.

Game of runs, and the Vols are hanging in there.  It looked like Purdue was about to go up double digits a minute or two ago.

4 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

It’s tough watching this. You’d think there were SEC refs out there how much they’re calling fouls down low. Edey doesn’t have a single foul but there’s like 11 against him? Wild. 

Same thing I was wondering. He is doing the exact same thing that others are getting called for. How do u stand a chance of defending a person that’s significantly bigger than u and getting a favorable whistle 

• Like 2

Wouldn't that be wild if the national title game ends up being Alabama vs Tennessee? Two big rivals that both lost their opening game of the SEC Tourney. 

Do y'all think Knecht's skills will translate well to the NBA?

Just now, WillMunny said:

Yes because the league is heavy on the three ball. Defense is optional 

Purdue with Edey and UConn with Clingan are proving that if you have a 7 foot center that can play, you'll go very deep in the tourney. That's how we made that deep run in the tournament with Walker Kessler.........oh wait 😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

He will find a role. Not sure he will be more than that though...

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

He will find a role. Not sure he will be more than that though...

I think Knecht in the pro's will be similar to Grayson Allen.

2 hours ago, DAG said:

If we couldn’t find a way to figure out Yale , I have a hard time believing we would get through UNC. 

The level of smart disciplined basketball in the elite 8 is so much greater than Auburn ever demonstrated. The accuracy of the shooters is off the chart.

Bruce should get lots of credit for getting Auburn to the tournament at all.

• Like 1

Doubling Edey does nothing except leave TN with no one to get the rebound if he misses.  They have abandoned the double team.  Good move.

5 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

I think Knecht in the pro's will be similar to Grayson Allen.

if that is the case, I would consider that a very successful season. Grayson has created a great role, first in Milwaukee and now in Phoenix. You need those kind of pieces on championship teams.

If Tennessee plans on winning they gonna need to score every trip. Edey about to get every call and he is a decent free throw shooter 

2 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Bruce should get lots of credit for getting Auburn to the tournament at all.

What? Lol. Broome is an All-American. J Will was All-SEC and a 5th year senior. D Jones was the number one scorer in his league. CBM was the 6th man of the year in the Mountain West Conference… and the rest of our team was mostly upperclassmen and none of them are scrubs…

Credit for just us getting there? No sir! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

if that is the case, I would consider that a very successful season. Grayson has created a great role, first in Milwaukee and now in Phoenix. You need those kind of pieces on championship teams.

I agree. Similar to Bobby Portis or how Robert Horry was. Not an All Star but a solid player that can start or be a 6th man and play 10 years in the league, maybe longer.

• Like 2

I'm hating this ending.  Knecht went cold.  Edey is unstoppable.

• Like 2

Announcers mentioned it, but Edey's stamina is pretty impressive for a big guy.  I think they said he's sat for less than a minute of game time.

Purdue being smart...when you've got an advantage, work it mercilessly.

• Like 1

I just don't see Zach Edey's game transferring to the NBA where he will be a starter for anyone. He doesn't shoot 3's and he is slow. His style was needed years ago but not so much now in the current NBA. 

• Like 1

Just now, SLAG-91 said:

Announcers mentioned it, but Edey's stamina is pretty impressive for a big guy.  I think they said he's sat for less than a minute of game time.

Purdue being smart...when you've got an advantage, work it mercilessly.

He has done a lot to improve his stamina and skillset for this moment. It would be vindicated if they win it all after all the turbulence that has been going on at Purdue since he has been there (relating to march madness).

Just now, TeamZero77 said:

I just don't see Zach Edey's game transferring to the NBA where he will be a starter for anyone. He doesn't shoot 3's and he is slow. His style was needed years ago but not so much now in the current NBA. 

If a coach knows how to coach and just has his team jacking up threes he will be fine. He is a problem down low and makes his free throws. The biggest issue will be the wear and tear of 82 games for a player his size