NCAA Tournament Thread (Non-Auburn Games)

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

Bama is playing about as well as I’ve seen them. UConn is …. impressive. 

One of the quickest teams I've seen.

I hate to say it, but if (by some miracle) Auburn ended up playing UCONN or Purdue, it would have been an embarrassing slaughter.

I was glad to see UConn knock out Bama. I'm kinda glad it was not us trying to play the Huskies.

9 minutes ago, AURex said:

I hate to say it, but if (by some miracle) Auburn ended up playing UCONN or Purdue, it would have been an embarrassing slaughter.

I was glad to see UConn knock out Bama. I'm kinda glad it was not us trying to play the Huskies.

That's why they play the games, you are probably right but at the same time, most thought that 3 game stretch we had in the tourney on the final four run we were just waiting to get throttled by one of the blue bloods, and we didn't. You never really know come march what will happen 

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, AURex said:

I would gladly take the embarrassment from UConn for another final 4 birth. lol 

UConn is just awesome. Alabama flat out has weapons. UConn was never even threatened. You have to give credit to Oats , they got pistol hot . 

• Like 4

I get the Big Ten network in my TV package so over the past two years I've watched more than a few of Iowa women's games. They are more than just Clark. The rest of the team has some pretty good players and some excellent shooters. They earned their place in the championship game.

Now, can they beat USCe? Probably not. Nobody else has beaten them either. I think the goal of the other teams in the tournament was to be the ones who get whupped by Staley's crew.

57 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I get the Big Ten network in my TV package so over the past two years I've watched more than a few of Iowa women's games. They are more than just Clark. The rest of the team has some pretty good players and some excellent shooters. They earned their place in the championship game.

Now, can they beat USCe? Probably not. Nobody else has beaten them either. I think the goal of the other teams in the tournament was to be the ones who get whupped by Staley's crew.

I hope Iowa wins

• Like 1

I believe SC get their revenge today. Can’t see Staley making the same mistakes like last year 

Gotta give Clark credit . She is lethal from three

Edited by e808

Deep, team basketball. Congrats Coach Staley. 

• Like 4

That Caitlin Clark documentary going to be fire though next decade. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Deep, team basketball. Congrats Coach Staley. 

Having Clark play the entire game and having no bench finally caught up to them

• Like 1

I'm pulling for Perdue tomorrow night.  Gonna love to see the big guys clash down low.

Purdue seems to be an easy team to root for, and they've never won a basketball title. I'll be in their corner, and I hope it's a game that lives up to its billing like Kansas-Memphis (08), Illinois-UNC (05), Duke-UConn (99), Michigan-UNC (93) and Georgetown-UNC (82) that were all pretty compelling games featuring 1 seeds in the title game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, e808 said:

Having Clark play the entire game and having no bench finally caught up to them

That was a huge difference, what was it? 30 -0 bench points?

5 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Last in stat game showed 36-0

8 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

I don’t get all the hate she gets. She is a great player but she needs others to contribute. Wilt scored at will and still couldn’t win it by himself 

32 minutes ago, e808 said:

I don’t get all the hate she gets. She is a great player but she needs others to contribute. Wilt scored at will and still couldn’t win it by himself 

Hate? She's like the most beloved player to play, like ever. Lol. Media rode her like a dawg the past two years too. It'll be interesting to see how she does in the WNBA though. More people will be watching, that's for sure. 

20 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Hate? She's like the most beloved player to play, like ever. Lol. Media rode her like a dawg the past two years too. It'll be interesting to see how she does in the WNBA though. More people will be watching, that's for sure. 

She gets hate from a certain faction

Edited by NWALA Tiger

6 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Would you mind expounding on the characteristics of that faction?

Lol me too, I’d be interested in what he says about this question.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Yeah I'm missing the hate. You go look at the story of South Carolina winning right now and you will see an article written more about her and praising her than the actually team and players that won. 

It's crazy the difference of treatment and media coverage between her and Angel when they basically have mirrored each other. But one was made the hero/sweetheart and the other was made the villain

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Would you mind expounding on the characteristics of that faction?

Hint... You won't have to look hard or far.

Edited by NWALA Tiger

2 hours ago, GTNupe11 said:

If u have a instagram or facebook account and read some comments. There is plenty . Maybe hate is too strong. I will say dislike and wasn’t beloved by all. I think she will do well in the WNBA. 

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

She get hate from WNBA players for sure, especially some of the elder gatekeepers like Sheryl Swoopes. However, majority of the nation likes her. The poster saying she gets hate from a certain faction and not willing to say specifically is clearly throwing out veiled discrimination (but I am sure he will laugh it off and say that’s not the case).

Edited by DAG
  • Thanks 1