Enjoy the Ride

No guarantees that this continues because the NCAA tournament is, well, the NCAA tournament...expect the unexpected and all...but we have won at least one game in each of our last 11 tournament appearances.  Several of those first wins have been white-knuckle rides, whether we were a high seed or not.  I won't be terribly surprised if tomorrow is more of a grind than maybe we think it'll be.  I will hope the last few minutes tomorrow are garbage time in our favor.

This team seems to be hitting its stride, and hopefully we've got a few more game threads to go back and forth on!

7 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Before we start our tournament tomorrow I just want to take a second and pause. No matter what the outcome of the tournament will be for us, this was one of the most enjoyable teams for me to watch. The chemistry we had all year. The brotherhood the team had. All of it. They have made me extremely proud to be an Auburn alum. Now, let's get this win tomorrow!

IMG_9600.png

All the more reasons loss will wreck the ride and be unacceptable. Sometimes excuses don’t cover shortcomings anymore. If Auburn loses (which is doubtful) the season will be a bust. You don’t win the sec to get kicked out first round.

• Dislike 3

15 hours ago, SLAG-91 said:

I won't be terribly surprised if tomorrow is more of a grind than maybe we think it'll be.

Only one of our wins this season has been single digits and that was the rugby match against MSU.

Our 3-point defense has been phenomenal lately. Giving up an average of 4.3 threes the last 6 games. Giving up an average of 2.3 threes the last 3 games.

We cover the -12.5 today.

• Like 1

The great equalizer in a lot of these upsets is the 3 point shot.  Yale just doesn't shoot very many.  They may go unconscious behind the arc today but if they do they would be completely abandoning their identity for the entire year.  AU covers.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Before we start our tournament tomorrow I just want to take a second and pause. No matter what the outcome of the tournament will be for us, this was one of the most enjoyable teams for me to watch. The chemistry we had all year. The brotherhood the team had. All of it. They have made me extremely proud to be an Auburn alum. Now, let's get this win tomorrow!

IMG_9600.png

Great post!

• Like 1