off season storylines for men’s basketball

4 hours ago, aucom96 said:

The ball handling has been suspect. KD is a human turnover. Holloway just seems to small and non-physical to be in that position and Donaldson is very inconsistent. 

What I saw against Yale was a team not used to playing a tight game ahead. We just completely came apart from a fundamentals standpoint. We had little awareness, made sloppy passes, missed open looks, couldn't make free-throws, it's clearly a team that needs a leader and doesn't have it yet.

KD recklessly attacked the basket. Aden and Tre dribbled half the shot clock away. The Houston guards and Sears played downhill, fast and furious the whole game.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2024 at 10:58 AM, auburnatl1 said:

While the fixation on the Yale mess is CBM, the other part was that it simply wasn’t in the Jungle.  My 2 cents. Our team chemistry seems HEAVILY reliant on its energy and we struggled all season away or neutral courts.  Playing away is obviously always harder, but many of our players are highly passion-based and almost seem addicted to a supportive, roaring crowd. You could see Pearl kinda panic about Spokane even though all the other teams were also far from home (.ie Yale, UConn). I have no solution to this, but uniqueness of the jungle almost seems to have created an adoration issue that’s in our psyche.

Funny you mentioned this.  I noticed that Grand Canyon crowd in Spokane was enormous, rowdy and LOUD the whole game, they out-numbered the uat fans 10-1 and I kept thinking that atmosphere would take a mental toll on the uat players.  Alas it did not.