NPR's move to the left

So, this thread, like all threads in this forum sinks down to:

A man that has worked and given his life to NPR comes out with a well thought out and reasonable critique of some policies that could have been better done and walks us through how the process happened at NPR over the years, the metamorphosis of it all.

Some on here get indignant that there could even be two sides to any issue and that their party is always right.

George Orwell quote: History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless  present in...

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 2

21 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

This shouldn't come as a shock. I've brought it up previously and naturally, it was dismissed by the puppets. Welp...

They have been far left of center for a long time.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PUB78 said:

They have been far left of center for a long time.

NPR leans left because since Trump came into the picture the right is insanity 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, alanevans said:

So, it’s Trump’s fault?  What an original idea. Brilliant!

• Haha 3

Either you love Trump and see him needed shock to reset traditions and institutions. Or you see him as a revenge of the morons traitorous threat to the republic.  Candidly, it’s kinda hard  for anyone to be… balanced. Have to use multiple news sources. Liberal and conservative.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2024 at 11:11 PM, AUFAN78 said:

This shouldn't come as a shock. I've brought it up previously and naturally, it was dismissed by the puppets. Welp...

All sides cannot include making false narratives legitimate by crediting the narrative as being a different perspective. 

• Like 1

On 4/10/2024 at 10:47 PM, alanevans said:

You forgot to throw Independents and any Non-Deomcrats under bus as well. You must up your game man. 

The Party is always right!

18 hours ago, AU9377 said:

All sides cannot include making false narratives legitimate by crediting the narrative as being a different perspective. 

And of course, Dems and their buddies are the only ones that get to define what is a false narrative, hence the Ministry of Truth legislation they tried to pass earlier...

Seig Heil! And THE PARTY IS ALWAYS RIGHT!

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

And of course, Dems and their buddies are the only ones that get to define what is a false narrative, hence the Ministry of Truth legislation they tried to pass earlier...

Your OCD is way out of control.  I suggest you ask your Doctor to double your meds.

Edited by homersapien
  • Facepalm 2

13 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Not at all.  I said that nowhere ever.  I am referring to statements like those made by the current Speaker of the House.  It is a proven false narrative when someone claims that there was wide spread fraud in the 2020 election.  We know for a fact that Dominion voting machines weren't developed in Central America with hidden back doors allowing for vote counts to be manipulated.  We don't have to simply consider that lie to be someone's opinion. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Not at all.  I said that nowhere ever.  I am referring to statements like those made by the current Speaker of the House.  It is a proven false narrative when someone claims that there was wide spread fraud in the 2020 election.  We know for a fact that Dominion voting machines weren't developed in Central America with hidden back doors allowing for vote counts to be manipulated.  We don't have to simply consider that lie to be someone's opinion. 

Now, now. Don't divert from DKW's NARRATIVE !

• Facepalm 2

On 4/11/2024 at 10:55 AM, AU9377 said:

But it's the legitimization of false narratives the author is speaking to in part. NPR like most other news organizations failed on this front. Thankfully, this dude had the cajones to call it out. We all should applaud his stance, but those uninterested in truth simply won't due to bias and the inability to call out their team. Read this room!

A 2023 Gallup survey showed that only 32 percent of Americans have some or a great deal of trust in journalism. 

Journalism is now focused more on political correctness and political point scoring than on traditional journalistic ethics like fairness, independence and truth-seeking. It enforces a rigid orthodoxy that promotes specific viewpoints while shutting out other voices that don’t stick to the approved narrative. In short, the news today tells its readers, viewers and listeners what to think.

We see that each time we read this forum. The parrots have taken over. Just a sad reality. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

This story has nothing to do with the election. It would probably help if you actually read and correctly interpreted a story before commenting. ;)

12 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I 100% agree with everything you just quoted. So where do we disagree?

On 4/17/2024 at 11:56 AM, TexasTiger said:

Most of that was pure delulu. Maher is not a press person and has never been one. She got the job for her often extemist views that have now embarrassed her and NPR. She is exactly what NPR did not need and let’s just face on fact, Berliner is history. They might as well fire him now. He is gone. He dared to get off narrative. The elitist prigs at NPR can not abide that. 

I say all that as an NPR supporter and listener. If you get in my vehicles now, the second button on the left in every car is NPR. 

Edited by DKW 86

13 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Most of that was pure delulu. Maher is not a press person and has never been one. She got the job for her often extemist views that have now embarrassed her and NPR. She is exactly what NPR did not need and let’s just face on fact, Berliner is history. They might as well fire him now. He is gone. He dared to get off narrative. The elitist prigs at NPR can not abide that. 

I say all that as an NPR supporter and listener. If you get in my vehicles now, the second button on the left in every car is NPR. 

We’ll see what happens to him. He waited until his 98 year old mother died last fall and he was 65 and eligible for Medicare, so he may be planning an exit.

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

We’ll see what happens to him. He waited until his 98 year old mother died last fall and he was 65 and eligible for Medicare, so he may be planning an exit.

He resigns. And it appears there are valid criticisms of at least some of his points.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/style/media/2024/04/17/uri-berliner-npr-free-press-bari-weiss/

15 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

He resigns. And it appears there are valid criticisms of at least some of his points.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/style/media/2024/04/17/uri-berliner-npr-free-press-bari-weiss/

NPR: we have 87 employees on one writing team and all are Democrats, BUT WE ARENT BIASED. You really need context… No, sometimes you need an ordinal counting system and a DEI Manual…

Edited by DKW 86
  • Haha 1

NPR outlived their purpose 25 years ago.  They are an excellent example of how nothing ever gets defunded, no matter what.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2024 at 9:28 PM, TexasTiger said:

WTH does that even mean? He spent 25 years at NPR. Poured his life and soul into it. He criticized three specific things they could have done better. That is all. 

For that he has been crucified by his colleagues. They are OUTRAGED he got off message. Maher is no press person at all. She has failed at DEI at Wikipedia and has no concept of how to lead NPR. How do totally unqualified people get jobs like this? Nepotism?

On 4/9/2024 at 10:11 PM, AUFAN78 said:

who you calling a puppet you muppet?