OJ Simpson dead at 76

Well. I won’t shed any tears here. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Well. I won’t shed any tears here. 

Exactly.  And the Judge he's facing now won't be swayed by lawyer tricks and obfuscation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Exactly.  And the Judge he's facing now won't be swayed by lawyer tricks and obfuscation.

There are two key witnesses who have now had their chance to speak. 

He passed today but he died a long time ago. 

Edited by gr82be
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, gr82be said:

There are two key witnesses who have now had their chance to speak. 

He passed today but he died a long time ago. 

That is perfectly stated.

• Like 1

He can spend eternity in Hell with Johnny Cochran.

I remember the OJ trial well because I was juror on a capital murder case in SE Alabama going on at the same time. Money makes all the difference.

OJ Simpson was an oddity, a cosmic bad event. It followed the LA Riots and some feel that it set the stage for later events and organizations such as BLM, etc.

I think it was just a bad verdict set out by a delulu jury in Lala Land.

14 hours ago, PUB78 said:

He can spend eternity in Hell with Johnny Cochran.

Johnnie Cochran was duty bound to provide his client with a zealous defense, which he did. Our legal system doesn’t work without people like that. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

So sad this dude died without ever finding his wifes killer.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

So sad this dude died without ever finding his wifes killer.

I see it a different way. Now he can truly rest easy knowing his wife’s killer is dead. 

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

OJ Simpson was an oddity, a cosmic bad event. It followed the LA Riots and some feel that it set the stage for later events and organizations such as BLM, etc.

I think it was just a bad verdict set out by a delulu jury in Lala Land.

I also didn't help that the LA police department and Prosecutors were wildly incompetent in proving the case. 

You had one of the lead detectives take the stand and invoked his 5th amendment rights when asked point blank if he planted evidence against OJ. 

Money and jury biases may have played a part, but horrible police work was ever present as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I also didn't help that the LA police department and Prosecutors were wildly incompetent in proving the case. 

You had one of the lead detectives take the stand and invoked his 5th amendment rights when asked point blank if he planted evidence against OJ. 

Money and jury biases may have played a part, but horrible police work was ever present as well. 

The LAPD was corrupt as ****. 

2 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Tried to frame a guilty man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It was a tragedy of errors and outright lying all the way around.  LAPD was inept, the prosecution basically turned 1st and goal from the 2 into a turnover on downs, and Lance Ito was trying (and largely failing) to manage a three-ring circus. Should have never allowed cameras in the courtroom, imo.

Tex nailed it, I think.  LAPD didn't need to put their thumbs on the scale, but damned if they didn't stomp on their own dicks and do it, anyway.

As much attention as this trial got, imagine if it had taken place in our current social media climate.  1994-1995 was the equivalent of the Stone Age for the internet.

10 hours ago, AUDub said:

Johnnie Cochran was duty bound to provide his client with a zealous defense, which he did. Our legal system doesn’t work without people like that. 

As the lawyers say “ only the poor whores work one side of the street”.

I assume when you are a defense attorney, you have to compartmentalize your ethics, morals and integrity when you defend a person who is guilty as sin.

Remember, 98% of lawyers give the other 2% a bad name. I assume the attorneys on this board are in the 2% group.

• Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

I assume when you are a defense attorney, you have to compartmentalize your ethics, morals and integrity when you defend a person who is guilty as sin.

To a degree, but the fact of the matter is that a major part of a defense attorney’s job is to make sure everyone does their job correctly every step of the way.

Ultimately, in that sense, whether the accused is guilty or not is secondary because if a broken system provides a conviction then countless innocents are on the chopping block.

People take Franklin’s phrase “ it is better 100 guilty Persons should escape, than that one innocent Person should suffer…” seriously. The alternative is worse.

9 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Remember, 98% of lawyers give the other 2% a bad name. I assume the attorneys on this board are in the 2% group.

Only a**holes think less of defense attorneys doing their job. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, AUDub said:

To a degree, but the fact of the matter is that a major part of a defense attorney’s job is to make sure everyone does their job correctly every step of the way.

Ultimately, in that sense, whether the accused is guilty or not is secondary because if a broken system provides a conviction then countless innocents are on the chopping block.

People take Franklin’s phrase “ it is better 100 guilty Persons should escape, than that one innocent Person should suffer…” seriously. The alternative is worse.

Only a**holes think less of defense attorneys doing their job. 

Most all “defense “ attorneys I have met are A-holes and shady, too.

23 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Most all “defense “ attorneys I have met are A-holes and shady, too.

If they’re a**holes they’re a**holes. Actually doing, you know, their job does not an a**hole make. 

Just now, AUDub said:

If they’re a**holes they’re a**holes. Actually doing, you know, their job does not an a**hole make. 

True.

Yea, I know I am probably going to hell for this one, BUT somehow I know Norm MacDonald is up in heaven laughing at this.

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'At least OJ Gan finally rest knowing his Wife's killer is dead made with.mematic'

Edited by DKW 86
  • Haha 1