Baseball v Kentucky series

I’m liking Tanner Baumann as a starter. So efficient today. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I’m liking Tanner Baumann as a starter. So efficient today. 

Edited by I_M4_AU
  • Like 1

I think we pulled Tanner too early. They weren’t timing him well at all. 

7-7 now. Pulled Baumann. 2 HRs and a bases clearing double off the wall later and here we are. Nope. Another 2 run bomb as I was typing this. 9-7 UK now. 
🤦🏻‍♂️🥃🥃🥃

• Sad 1

Let’s see how they respond.

20 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Let’s see how they respond.

Has to be a very damaging weekend for this team, assuming it ends this way. I’m not happy at all with our coaches. Pitchers have regressed under Teaford. Gabe has to be leading the league in getting guys thrown out at home. And I’ve seen UKs HC more today than I’ve seen of Butch all season. At some point he needs to unfold his arms and get out of the dugout. I’m all for a laid back style If that’s your thing but at some point you have to quit delegating and make your presence felt. 
Last thing while I’m on a roll. More strength and conditioning. Pretty much every team we’ve played is bigger and stronger than us and it’s showing on the field. I know it’s not football but we need more beef on the field to compete in the SEC. 

• Like 4

Yikes, what a hot turd of a weekend. Prior to this series start on Thursday, I thought BT would right the ship and get this team playing winning baseball to the tune of an SEC record around or slightly above .500. With this sweep, AU will be fortunate to get within earshot of .500. This is a struggling pitching staff the likes of which I haven’t seen at AU in I don’t know when. I recall the pen having porous stretches in recent years, but this is whole ‘nother level. Sucks to be all but out of postseason play halfway through. Oh, well.

Again … brutal …

hard to be optimistic this is a anything more than a lame duck rest of the season.  Had such optimism early season.  Never saw the sweeps and run rule games coming.  These situational collapses are puzzling.  One of the more frustrating seasons I can recall.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mustache eagle said:

Again … brutal …

hard to be optimistic this is a anything more than a lame duck rest of the season.  Had such optimism early season.  Never saw the sweeps and run rule games coming.  These situational collapses are puzzling.  One of the more frustrating seasons I can recall.

We seem to have one of those seasons where the bottom falls out about every 4th year under Butch. Highly doubtful this team will even make Hoover. What a train wreck!

• Like 1

We will be lucky to win a conference series with this pitching staff 

• Like 1

Pitching staff would struggle to win a series in Juco baseball. Absolutely pathetic 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tigers23 said:

Pitching staff would struggle to win a series in Juco baseball. Absolutely pathetic 

Even worse is that, with LSU and Florida also really struggling, it appears that the SEC is really down this year. So really inexcusable to be 2-13 right now.

Edited by arktiger1975
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

Even worse is that, with LSU and Florida also really struggling, it appears that the SEC is really down this year. So really inexcusable to be 2-13 right now.

But, we haven't played LSU and Florida.    Every SEC team we have played is in the top 20.

• Like 2

No excuse for 2-13...don't care who you're playing. Absolutely pathetic 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Was a beautiful day at the park and great crowd.About all there is to say about it. 

Sad but true.

• WarTiger changed the title to Baseball v Kentucky series
14 hours ago, tigers23 said:

Where is Tim Hudson when you need him?😀

All the teams beating us are not making excuses for their losses. You do what is necessary recruiting, lifting, training, etc to give out the ass whippings or you take the ass whippings. We need to stop putting lipstick on a pig. 

• Like 2

So our coaching staff is this horrible at evaluating pitching prospects? You literally could close your eyes and randomly pick some dudes & get a staff this good.

3 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

How are we this bad? How did it come to this? 2-13 in the conference is absolutely dreadful. 

It came to this in part because every one of those 15 games was against a team ranked in the top ten nationally. Add in no scholarships from gambling money and not much NIL for baseball and we are where we are. Coach Thompson has proven that he can win when he has the right pieces. AU baseball is going to need a boost from somewhere for us to be competitive again. The problem isn't the coaching, the coaching has got AU into the  CWS, baseball's "Elite Eight" in two of the past four tournaments. The problem is the support, which is sadly lacking.

• Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

Says a lot about the fanbase as we have achieved several attendance milestones, regardless of losses. The fans definitely deserve credit for their level of support. There are several teams out there with poor records and their fans are nowhere to be seen. 

• Like 1