Baseball v Kentucky series

Typically we loose a close game in a series with UK.

• Angry 1

39 minutes ago, tigers23 said:

Team is an absolute joke

Not at all. I respect that it sucks losing all these games. But we’re right in several of these. Pitching was serviceable and offense fought back. Take away 1 swing of their bat and/or the dumbass routine bouncer at 3rd, we win this game and start off the weekend with a W. Apparently we have lost the last 2 games because of an error. That should be correctable. We aren’t totally outclassed in several of these losses. I believe there’s enough for BT to work with to turn many of these frustrating losses into wins. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

7 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

Not at all. I respect that it sucks losing all these games. But we’re right in several of these. Pitching was serviceable and offense fought back. Take away 1 swing of their bat and/or the dumbass routine bouncer at 3rd, we win this game and start off the weekend with a W. Apparently we have lost the last 2 games because of an error. That should be correctable. We aren’t totally outclassed in several of these losses. I believe there’s enough for BT to work with to turn many of these frustrating losses into wins. 

Eternal optomist. I hope you are right, but I think our pitching is suspect 

I would not call having runners on 1st & 2nd with no outs, down by 1 run in the bottom of the 9th to the #8 team in the country, with your 3&4 hole hitters coming up with a chance to tie or win the game (a joke).

Our guys just are not coming up with the clutch plays that the other teams are executing in crunch time and we are coming up just short, whether it be pitching or hitting.

Also I would venture we have played the toughest SEC Schedule you could imagine.

I'm tired of losing, BT is tired of losing, the players are tired of losing.  If we could just get that monkey off our back and win 2 in a row, I believe that would jumpstart us into winning some series.

But to say we're a joke is ridiculous.

• Like 4

We’re giving up an unusually high amount of 2 out runs and 2 strike hits. And giving up a lot of high velocity hits and home runs. It’s one thing for that to be happening to one or two pitchers. It’s another for it to be happening to almost every pitcher. At some point you have to question Teaford. Either he’s doing a bad job calling pitches or he’s tipping his pitches. Either way, I’ve seen enough of him already. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Our guys just are not coming up with the clutch plays that the other teams are executing in crunch time and we are coming up just short, whether it be pitching or hitting.

Cooper McMurray’s at bat was disappointing in the 9th.

• Like 2

I would say last nights loss was a total team and coaches effort. 4 straight two out singles and if memory serves me three of those hits came with 2 strikes. We are out of that inning with no damage if Weiss is in position. Apparently had the shift called with 2 outs and 2 strikes. Baffled.

Article passed on to me by J C

IMG_0277.jpeg

• Like 1

Game 2: Gabe gets another runner thrown out at home by a mile. This makes about 7 or 8 by my count. Sent 260 pound McMurray who was out by about 15 feet. He’s been doing it all season. So frustrated with so many components of this team. 

• Sad 1

Inning 2: lead off single by Peirce. Then Standfield ‘bunted’, except he popped it up all the way (80 feet) to the first baseman. Another momentum killer. Unreal. 😅

Edited by Gowebb11

13 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Eternal optomist. I hope you are right, but I think our pitching is suspect 

I'm thinking more delusional than optimist. I suppose if we try hard enough, we can rationalize anything. 

• Like 1

AD John Cohen is doing one heckuva job as the SECN+ color analyst on this game 2 broadcast. Wish he had a better game to call.

Edited by tigeraddikt

6-0 UK if anybody is wondering.  

AU Baseball Stock …..

image.gif.b5ff22d6cfa8c1354ab66def8fe3eec7.gif

Not a good stretch, since SEC play started. Hope they can stop the bleeding and find some momentum. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

We’re giving up an unusually high amount of 2 out runs and 2 strike hits. And giving up a lot of high velocity hits and home runs. It’s one thing for that to be happening to one or two pitchers. It’s another for it to be happening to almost every pitcher. At some point you have to question Teaford. Either he’s doing a bad job calling pitches or he’s tipping his pitches. Either way, I’ve seen enough of him already. 

I noticed that too some games ago.  Im no baseball guy so it just seems weird to me.  Didnt even think of the pitch calling.  Is Teaford or the catcher - mostly Ike- calling the pitches.  This didn’t happen last year with larue?

It’s mind boggling to us, imagine the team.  I could look it up but too lazy—I’d hate to see runs scored VS runs given up in SEC play

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

I noticed that too some games ago.  Im no baseball guy so it just seems weird to me.  Didnt even think of the pitch calling.  Is Teaford or the catcher - mostly Ike- calling the pitches.  This didn’t happen last year with larue?

All pitches are called from the dugout and sent per the “new age” communication device in players hat. Looked like KY pitches wear a wrist device. I liked the old body and hand signals from the coach and 1 is fastball, 2 is a curve, 3 is a change up. Loved to see ingenious ways people came up with to steal signals.

13 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

6-0 UK if anybody is wondering.  

Called it night after 8. Unlike me but tired and had enough. Think I will try and attend this afternoon. Love to spend an afternoon at the ballpark. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

It’s mind boggling to us, imagine the team.  I could look it up but too lazy—I’d hate to see runs scored VS runs given up in SEC play

Well, here's the ugly tale of the tape after 14 conference games:

Outscored 128-71...giving up 9 runs/game in SEC play, and we got run-ruled in three of those games.  Woof.

If there is some light at the end of the tunnel, our last four series are against teams that are also struggling in conference play (Ole Miss, LSU, Missouri, Alabama). They're also looking at us as a chance to get well.

Goal 1 is to make the SEC tournament.  As it stands now, we're out.

Sac Fly makes it 3-0

2 on with one out now.