Baseball v Kentucky series

Is this Teaford’s first season?  I tend to like to give coaches more than one year because a lot of positive can come in year two but this is abysmal.  Didn’t Auburn return the majority of its pitching from last year?  Pitching was pretty decent last year wasn’t it?  Woof.

2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Is this Teaford’s first season?  I tend to like to give coaches more than one year because a lot of positive can come in year two but this is abysmal.  Didn’t Auburn return the majority of its pitching from last year?  Pitching was pretty decent last year wasn’t it?  Woof.

It is Teaford's first. Hudson's first year was 2020 but the season was canceled so really Hudson's first season was 2021 and we started 2-13 in SEC play that year also. It was an awful season. I am hoping there is just a big learning curve to pitching coaches but a lot of these losses have been lopsided whereas in 2021 we had a lot of 1 and 2 run losses.

Silver lining is we have also played the top 3 teams in the East and after MSU this weekend, will have played the top 3 teams in the West but after that, we play the bottom 3 teams in the West and bottom team in the East so hopefully, we can turn things around a bit.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Win4AU said:

I’m rarely in the “fire the coach” crowd. Especially for a guy in his first year. But there are som flashing signs around Teaford in my opinion. One, the number of veterans who have regressed. Two is the number of high velocity hits and HRs we are giving up. (Including to 7-8-9 hitters) And three is the number of damage being done on 0-2 counts. The second half of the season is here so I’m interested to see if any of that improves. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I’m rarely in the “fire the coach” crowd. Especially for a guy in his first year. But there are som flashing signs around Teaford in my opinion. One, the number of veterans who have regressed. Two is the number of high velocity hits and HRs we are giving up. (Including to 7-8-9 hitters) And three is the number of damage being done on 0-2 counts. The second half of the season is here so I’m interested to see if any of that improves. 

Don’t feel alone. Same feeling from lots of long time fans. Got to have a scapegoat.  Butch professes to be a “pitching coach”. Frustrating, thought Herb and Crotchfelt would shine this year. 

• Like 1