Who wants to attack Iran?

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

What he should do is back Israel’s play.  No doubt.  It will not escalate beyond tit for tat.

What makes you say this?

33 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Here ya go:

Last night —-

— 300 cruise and ballistic missiles and UAV’s shot at Israel from Iran

— most of the country forced into shelters in the middle of the night

— Ben Gurion airport closed to all flights — psychological trauma across the nation

— cost of missile interception at least $1.5 billion

Only Joe Biden could call this a “win.” We can and should thank God that it wasn’t worse, but Biden’s advice will destroy Israel’s power of deterrence — essential for its safety and security.

This is what I expected from Joe.  Yes, it is terrorism plain and simple and Joe just doesn’t understand being terrorized.

Psychological trauma? How was that attack any different that any other time Israelis have had to shelter? Israrl is used to it, and if you read interviews about how people were feeling during the attack they say as much. Bruce is really, really reaching here.

And Israel can afford the military expense much more easily than Iran can, especially since we're backing them. If Israel escalates, that will mean more spending, but Republicans seem to be all for that.

I'm more concerned about lives. This would be a foolish thing to retaliate against when it could lead to full war. You don't run a pissing contest when people's lives are at stake. Take the win and move on. If Iran tries to step out again, then you bury them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Leftfield said:

Israel fired six missles, which leveled a building and killed 16 people.

Iran launched about 300 drones and missles and pretty much hit air.

The US wouldn't appear weak if Netanyahu does what he should, which is yawn.

That statement makes no sense to me. If i was a citizen of Isreal and my commander and cheif just yawned (oh well) and did nothing I would be concerned. What if that happened in America, should Biden yawn?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

What makes you say this?

That is the way Iran rolls.

17 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Psychological trauma?

Yeah, trauma.  America got hit on 9-11 and for months after that people were actually afraid to fly.  We didn’t take it well and initiated TSA and security at each airport with sterile areas and all kind of precautions.  Pilots were carrying guns and Sky Marshalls were assigned certain flights.

We are still under those precautions although the threat level has not been elevated for a while we still remember why these precautions were initiated.  Now think of a group of people that have been constantly terrorized for decades and recently have been attacked by a terrorist group shouting *Palestine will be free from the river to the sea* knowing that means death to Israel.

Living through what they did last night, not knowing it was a light response or the end of their way of live as they know it could cause trauma.  We have not experienced that in this country and when we got a taste of it we responded with a 20 year war.

Yeah, I feel for anyone that is terrorized, especially for a long time.

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Living through what they did last night, not knowing it was a light response or the end of their way of live as they know it could cause trauma.

They knew well in advance the scale of the attack.

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

We have not experienced that in this country and when we got a taste of it we responded with a 20 year war.

Exactly. We're not used to it. They are. As I said, go read some of the interviews - people saying it was part of life there.

6 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yeah, I feel for anyone that is terrorized, especially for a long time.

As do I, and I take that into account, but you're coming from a position that Iran won't escalate if Israel does. Maybe not, but maybe they will. I'm not going to trust a fanatically religious government to not launch a Holy War (Bruce Pearl seems to have no problem doing so).

5 hours ago, Leftfield said:

What this boils down to is that it was an extremely weak and ineffective attack by Iran. That was either by design, because they don't want to escalate and were just saving face, or capability, which means they aren't that much of a threat. You don't risk more lives by escalating from this garbage.

Now, if they stick their toe out again, you shoot it off.

The drones were in the air for over 3 hours to travel the 1000 miles.  Sitting ducks. It was a soft attack. What amazes me is the same guys who don’t want to defend Ukraine (who literally did nothing but… exist and is the gateway to Europe) are ready to go guns a blazing (yet again) into the friggin ME (tinder box bigger than just Iran) and fire up an Islamic jihad crap show.

It’s obviously a big thinking geopolitical approach beyond my feeble mind to understand.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Thanks 2

Some more from Bruce:

Some points regarding the overnight Iranian missile attack on Israel:

1. Contrary to what pundits are saying, this wasn’t designed merely as “bells and whistles” with no damage. When you shoot 350 flying objects timed to hit Israel at the same moment, when you use three fundamentally different weapon types—cruise missiles, ballistic missiles and UAVs, you’re looking to penetrate Israel’s defenses and kill Israelis.

2. The US administration is telling us: “This is a victory, you’ve already won by thwarting the missiles. No need for any further action.” No, it’s NOT a victory. Yes, it’s a remarkable success of Israel’s air defense systems, but it’s not a victory. When a bully tries to hit you 350 times and only succeeds seven time, you’ve NOT won. You don’t win wars just by intercepting your enemy’s hits, nor do you deter it. Your enemy will just try harder with more and better weapons and methods next time. How DO you deter? By exacting a deeply painful price.

3. It’s incorrect to say “nobody got hurt”. There’s a 7 year-old Israeli-Arab girl called Amina Elhasuny fighting for her life. That’s who coward Khamenei hit.

4. The Islamic Republic of Iran made a big mistake. For the past 30 years it’s been wreaking havoc on the region—through its proxies. A terror-octopus whose head is Tehran, and its tentacles are in Lebanon, Yemen, Iraq, Syria and Gaza. How convenient. The Mullahs send others to conduct horrendous terror attacks, and die for them. Other people’s blood. Israel’s strategic mistake for the past 30 years was to play along this strategy. We always fought the Octopus’ arms, but hardly exacted a price from its Iranian head. This should change now: Hezbollah or Hamas shoots a rocket at Israel? Tehran pays a price.

5. The enemy is the Iranian REGIME, not the wonderful Iranian people. The Iranian regime reminds me of the Soviet regime in 1985: corrupt to the core, old, incompetent, despised by its own people, and destined to collapse. The sooner the better. The West can accelerate the regime’s inevitable collapse with a set of soft and clever actions, short of military force. Remember, USSR collapsed without any need for a direct American attack. Let’s do this.

6. Israel is fighting everybody’s war. In Gaza, Lebanon and Tehran. We’re considered “the small satan” by radical Islam. America is the big one. I’ll be clear: if these crazy fanatic Islamic terrorists get away with murder by hiding among civilians, this method will be adopted by terrorists worldwide.

We’re not asking anyone to fight for us. We’ll do the job. But we do expect our allies to have our back, especially when it’s tough—and now it’s tough. Be on the right side and help us defeat these horrible and savage regimes.

4 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

people saying it was part of life there.

It shouldn’t be.  We wouldn’t stand for it, well maybe you.

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

So to be clear. You’re not supportive of defending Ukraine - which if they lose would help reconstitute the Soviet Union - and risks no US lives. But youre gung ho on escalating another major ME wild fire with direct US involvement (and inevitable terrorism against us). 

Im so lost.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Once again, you fail to see any nuance. 

You're pretending the situation would be similar. You know full well the history of Israel is far more complicated than that. 

5 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

So to be clear. You’re not supportive of defending Ukraine - which if they lose would help reconstitute the Soviet Union - and risks no US lives. But youre gung ho on escalating another major ME wild fire with direct US involvement (and inevitable terrorism against us). 

Im so lost.

Ever see a Bible verse call for a homeland for Ukrainians?

6 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

I understand. I just want to hear the maga guys admit that they want US foreign policy and lives to  be shaped by the book of Exodus.

Here’s an idea. They’ve probably got 95%  of the AR-15s in this country just gathering dust and it’s only about a 11 hr flight to Ben Gurion  airport.  They could be in the mix by Tuesday. Have at it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Any of ya’ll attend?  If so I’d like to hear more about this activist group.  

19 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I understand. I just want to hear the maga guys admit that they want US foreign policy and lives to  be shaped by the book of Exodus.

Here’s an idea. They’ve probably got 95%  of the AR-15s in this country just gathering dust and it’s only about a 11 hr flight to Ben Gurion  airport.  They could be in the mix by Tuesday. Have at it.

Sorry, didn't mean to imply you didn't see it. Figured you did. That was really a callout on others.

18 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I know lefties like to believe all Trump voters are MAGA because it simplifies things.  However,  that is simply not the case.   Many Americans don’t believe Biden is up for four more years and feel that their lives were better in 2016 - 2020 than they are now.    Had more money going into savings etc.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Sorry, didn't mean to imply you didn't see it. Figured you did. That was really a callout on others.

No worries. I strongly support Israel and I also strongly support Ukraine. I’m an old school reaganite.  What drives me admittedly nuts is when “conservatives” scream for pre WW1 isolationism and no more foreign wars …except if it’s Israel. Then it’s fire up all the carrier groups and send in the marines.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JMWATS said:

I know lefties like to believe all Trump voters are MAGA because it simplifies things.  However,  that is simply not the case.   Many Americans don’t believe Biden is up for four more years and feel that their lives were better in 2016 - 2020 than they are now.    Had more money going into savings etc.

You think auburnatl1 is a leftie?

53 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Exodus was a disaster. Think you mean “maga” by your definition wants to assist in fulfilling prophecy. You may be correct but “death to America” gets old.

11 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

By todays standards yes. He was a reaganite.

Well played, sir.

1 hour ago, Leftfield said:

You think auburnatl1 is a leftie?

You might be a MAGA if you think auburnatl1 is a leftie.

12 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

So to be clear. You’re not supportive of defending Ukraine

The reason you’re lost is your assumptions are wrong.  Never said I did not support defending Ukraine.  I said Biden slow rolled the aid and ham strung Ukraine from taking a more agressive stance in the beginning of the conflict.  I also critiqued the absence of an exit strategy.  It is another Afghan war, we not there to win.

12 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

But youre gung ho on escalating another major ME wild fire with direct US involvement (and inevitable terrorism against us).

Gung-ho is not exactly correct either.  I am for Israel to be able to defend itself as any sovereign nation should be able to do.  Israel’s military is capable of doing such things.  Direct U.S. involvement may or may not happen and will be discussed in Congress if it may lead to war, which I don’t think it will.  Iran’s military is not as eager to engage other than a show of force, a paper tiger, that has this admin (and a few others) fearful of their own shadow.

I hope this lessens your sense of being lost.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Leftfield said:

Once again, you fail to see any nuance. 

You're pretending the situation would be similar. You know full well the history of Israel is far more complicated than that. 

Yes, the history between the Jewish people and Arabs (Muslims in this case) is a complicated one that boils down to one thing: If Israel laid down there weapons they would be killed, if ______ (fill in the blank with a terrorist group) laid down there weapons there would be peace.  I am sure you know there was a cease fire agreement with HAMAS on Oct 7.  It was broken by HAMAS.

You can discount the chant in Dearborn Michigan as just rhetoric, but it is a little chilling to hear *Death to America* being yelled as the speaker explains why America is the worst nation on earth.  Yeah, not similar.

12 hours ago, Leftfield said:

Talk about not understanding nuances…..