Who wants to attack Iran?

11 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

And Netanyahu, as expected, is saying they will oblige. In my opinion, this is what he's wanted for decades - an excuse. Unfortunately he's going to try to pull us in with him.

As I said in the thread on the main board, I think the best play would have been to basically ignore the attack. Israel lost virtually nothing. The attack was the equivalent of a finger prick, if that. Iran should frankly be embarrassed if that's what they consider a "response" to what Israel did. At worst, Netanyahu should just go to the media and ridicule the attack as being so weak it wasn't worth addressing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I believe that the time may come when we have to deal with Iran.  However, people like Sen Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee demanding that we do so today is just ignorant politically motivated jibberish.  These same politicians are some of the same people that refuse to acknowledge Russia's close ties to Iran and their mutual assistance with regard to weapons and military strategy.  It is in our best interests to keep Russia on their heels in Ukraine, while the rest of this mess is sorted.

It is unfortunate, but the only diplomacy that Islamic Extremists seem to understand is mass destruction and elimination.

Israel has said 100 times they wound never let Iran reach the point where they could produce nukes.  This attack may be the event they were looking for as an excuse to eliminate their enrichment infrastructure.  Btw Iran is over 1,000 miles away from Israel - any  kind of attack would be complex and obviously risky. On top of the escalation nightmare.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Leftfield said:

In my opinion, this is what he's wanted for decades - an excuse. Unfortunately he's going to try to pull us in with him.

Do you really believe Netanyahu is using the attack and death of 1200 of his citizens to carry out some kind of vendetta against Iran as an excuse?  After 7 months?  I could almost see it if they killed the General within a month or two, but he seemed to be concentrating on eliminating HAMAS.  Iran’s proxies seemed to be getting in the way of the goal set by Israel.

Israel is fighting HAMAS and in being interfered with by both Iran and the U.S..  Netanyahu kills an Iranian Genderal for coordinating proxie forces against Israel and Iran responds basically the same way Iran resonated against Trump killing an Iranian General.

Netanyahu probably knew Iran would respond and probably knew what kind of response he was going to get.

Unfortunately he's going to try to pull us in with him.

This will depend totally on Biden.

16 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Do you really believe Netanyahu is using the attack and death of 1200 of his citizens to carry out some kind of vendetta against Iran as an excuse?  After 7 months?

Iran didn't carry out that attack. Did they cheer it? Certainly, and they probably supported it, but there is no firm evidence that the government had anything to do with it.

I was talking specifically about the Iranian drone/rocket attack.

17 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

This will depend totally on Biden.

So what do you think Biden should do? Should he support Israel no matter what? Do you think Iran's attack warrants a response that will likely lead to war?

I don’t know all the details and neither do reporters, but does the US (Biden) want to appear weak to its allies? I don’t think so.  

4 minutes ago, creed said:

I don’t know all the details and neither do reporters, but does the US (Biden) want to appear weak to its allies? I don’t think so.  

Israel fired six missles, which leveled a building and killed 16 people.

Iran launched about 300 drones and missles and pretty much hit air.

The US wouldn't appear weak if Netanyahu does what he should, which is yawn.

2 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Certainly, and they probably supported it, but there is no firm evidence that the government had anything to do with it.

I was talking specifically about the Iranian drone/rocket attack.

Believe it or not, Israel determined Iran was backing the proxies and the General was coordinating it whether you think evidence exists or not.  The drone/rocket attack was a direct cause of the General’s death.

It is well known that Iran is financing terrorist activities in the ME. 

6 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

So what do you think Biden should do? Should he support Israel no matter what? Do you think Iran's attack warrants a response that will likely lead to war?

I have no idea what Biden will do.  I do believe Biden should be in close contact with Netanyahu over the response if any.  Whether I think it warrants a response is irrelevant, the ME is a different animal.  It is run by egos as we say last night.

2 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

So I guess if Iran had better missiles or if Israel had weaker air defense then it would warrant a strong US response. 

@Leftfield; do you believe last night’s attack will embolden the Pro-Palestinian movement world wide?

24 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Hit air? Don’t you mean intercepted. Don’t think you can just “yawn”.

Edited by SaltyTiger

22 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Believe it or not, Israel determined Iran was backing the proxies and the General was coordinating it whether you think evidence exists or not.  The drone/rocket attack was a direct cause of the General’s death.

It is well known that Iran is financing terrorist activities in the ME. 

I perfectly understand that Iran finances terror all over the place. Have not seen any evidence that the Iranian General was the one leading the attack, but that doesn't mean it's not there. I'll take a look.

24 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I have no idea what Biden will do.  I do believe Biden should be in close contact with Netanyahu over the response if any.  Whether I think it warrants a response is irrelevant, the ME is a different animal.  It is run by egos as we say last night.

Don't cop out. You're just evading so you can blame him no matter what happens. Again, what do you think he should do?

22 minutes ago, creed said:

So I guess if Iran had better missiles or if Israel had weaker air defense then it would warrant a strong US response. 

A strong Israeli response.

Again, Iran knows full well Iron Dome's capability. They knew it was a largely futile and symbolic attack. If Israel's capabilities were weaker, I'd bet the attack would have been, too.

23 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

@Leftfield; do you believe last night’s attack will embolden the Pro-Palestinian movement world wide?

Possibly a slight amount short-term. Don't think it will amount to much. Do you look at that attack and say "Wow, Israel really dodged a bullet there"? I don't. The second I heard drones were the primary weapon I thought it was futile.

7 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Hit air? Don’t you mean intercepted. Don’t think you can just “yawn”.

If a guy punches you and you barely feel it, do you beat him into the ground, or do you sit there and laugh? Either is effective, but that latter is far more demoralizing because it shows he couldn't hurt you. It also keeps others from jumping in to help him.

What this boils down to is that it was an extremely weak and ineffective attack by Iran. That was either by design, because they don't want to escalate and were just saving face, or capability, which means they aren't that much of a threat. You don't risk more lives by escalating from this garbage.

Now, if they stick their toe out again, you shoot it off.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

If a guy punches you and you barely feel it, do you beat him into the ground, or do you sit there and laugh? Either is effective, but that latter is far more demoralizing because it shows he couldn't hurt you. It also keeps others from jumping in to help him.

You laugh then kick his ass so the bad ass dude who is next has second thoughts on testing you. 

Edited by creed

49 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

I perfectly understand that Iran finances terror all over the place. Have not seen any evidence that the Iranian General was the one leading the attack, but that doesn't mean it's not there. I'll take a look.

Don't cop out. You're just evading so you can blame him no matter what happens. Again, what do you think he should do?

Whatever Biden does he should do it from a position of strength evident to our allies. The public (us the citizens) may not know Biden’s response but our allies should. 

14 minutes ago, creed said:

You laugh then kick his ass so the bad ass dude who is next has second thoughts on testing you. 

In the Middle East, aside from Israel Iran is the bad ass dude.

What he should do is back Israel’s play.  No doubt.  It will not escalate beyond tit for tat.

He will hem and haw sitting the fence as to not cost him Dearborn, Michigan.  That is what I expect him to do.

Possibly a slight amount short-term. Don't think it will amount to much. Do you look at that attack and say "Wow, Israel really dodged a bullet there"? I don't. The second I heard drones were the primary weapon I thought it was futile.

This is not the attitude of the ME.  The Taliban sat by for 2 decades and when we pulled out of Afghanistan they claimed victory, they had defeated the *Great Satan*.  It will go down as lore and taught to their youth for generations.

When Iran responded to the US by hitting the Iraq base, it was nothing, but Iran saved face and attacked the *Great Satan* and they did nothing.

I don’t know what Netanyahu will do, but he will respond.  It is two bullies saving face.

Did I get this right???  You would let someone hit you (no matter how hard) and only laugh?   I think this says it all.   End of story 

• Thanks 1

Here ya go:

Last night —-

— 300 cruise and ballistic missiles and UAV’s shot at Israel from Iran

— most of the country forced into shelters in the middle of the night

— Ben Gurion airport closed to all flights — psychological trauma across the nation

— cost of missile interception at least $1.5 billion

Only Joe Biden could call this a “win.” We can and should thank God that it wasn’t worse, but Biden’s advice will destroy Israel’s power of deterrence — essential for its safety and security.

This is what I expected from Joe.  Yes, it is terrorism plain and simple and Joe just doesn’t understand being terrorized.

Edited by I_M4_AU

51 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Did I get this right???  You would let someone hit you (no matter how hard) and only laugh?   I think this says it all.   End of story 

It's an analogy, you buffoon.

• Like 1