Hamas vs Palestinians

On 4/26/2024 at 10:18 PM, 1716AU said:

Just an honest question: at whom do they direct their anti-semitism?  The Israelis or the Palestinians?

BOTH are semitic peoples.

Actually not. The Jews are more Persian-Indian-even Asian than Arab. 

Arabs likely came from the Canaanite tribes...

On 4/27/2024 at 4:12 PM, homersapien said:

I don't remember seeing any news footage of that, much less several days worth.  Maybe that's why it's "funny".

You didnt see any footage of Pro-Palestinian protesters while Assad was killing them, as I pointed out. Or were you doing your normal 24-7 replying something that no one was talking about? Maybe you just need to stick with your usual 100+ Whataboutisms you normally do?

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

Or that Biden is just that unpopular with both sides, you know, like poll after poll has been saying for months now.

Yeah it's THIS

10 hours ago, homersapien said:

Perhaps that indicates Biden is steering the only path that's reasonable given the circumstances.

Buddy, I don't think they were chantinf "F Biden" for support. I think it was the exact opposite.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

You didnt see any footage of Pro-Palestinian protesters while Assad was killing them, as I pointed out. Or were you doing your normal 24-7 replying something that no one was talking about? Maybe you just need to stick with your usual 100+ Whataboutisms you normally do?

No, I don't recall seeing the sort of footage as is being presently shown every single night. I simply made an honest comment with no nefarious intent. 

And how about your lie saying I "challenged the idea that there were 400K-almost 600K killed by Assad".  How in hell did you extract that from my post?  Another one of your inferences? 

You are one of the most erratic, insulting - and lying - people on this forum and I have no reason to interact with your posts in the future.

Edited by homersapien

5 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Buddy, I don't think they were chantinf "F Biden" for support. I think it was the exact opposite.

You misunderstand my post.

If both sides hate Biden, then it's maybe because he's trying to balance his policy with consideration of each side's case.

He is pressuring Israel to avoid excessive Palestinian deaths while simultaneously supplying them the weapons to do so. This cannot possibly please both sides.

It's a real moral and policy dilemma.  There's no simple or easy response.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, homersapien said:

No, I don't recall seeing the sort of footage as is being presently shown every single night. I simply made an honest comment with no nefarious intent. 

And how about your lie saying I "challenged the idea that there were 400K-almost 600K killed by Assad".  How in hell did you extract that from my post?  Another one of your inferences? 

You are one of the most erratic, insulting - and lying - people on this forum and I have no reason to interact with your posts in the future.

Whatever. Got any Whataboutisms to bore us to death with today?

Meanwhile talks over a cease-fire deal in Cairo ended without progress over the weekend after Hamas failed to formally respond to an Israeli-Egyptian proposal to pause the fighting in exchange for a release of hostages.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JMWATS said:

Meanwhile talks over a cease-fire deal in Cairo ended without progress over the weekend after Hamas failed to formally respond to an Israeli-Egyptian proposal to pause the fighting in exchange for a release of hostages.

In related news:

The Biden administration last week halted a shipment of US-made ammo that was slated to go to Israel — a decision that reportedly sent members of the Israeli government into a tizzy as they tried to figure out why the delivery has been withheld.

The move marks the first time since Hamas’ deadly Oct. 7 terrorist attack that the United States has hit the brakes on a weapons shipment to its longtime Middle East ally, according to Axios, which learned of the decision from two Israeli officials.

https://nypost.com/2024/05/05/us-news/biden-admin-puts-hold-on-us-ammunition-shipment-to-israel-report/#

Biden is appeasing his base so the conflict will not be resolved until after the election.  Of course, that is speculation on my part, but why else would this man ride the fence.  What does he believe handcuffing Israel will do to end the conflict?

Does this mean the protests on American college campuses have worked?  We are being run by a weak leader and it shows.

• Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

On 4/30/2024 at 12:03 AM, AU9377 said:

It still isn't genocide. 

There is a difference between Hamas and Palestinians.  However, if Hamas is such a small contingent in Gaza, the population should have no problem informing as to where the remaining hostages are and offering the planners of the October 7th massacre to the IDF. Islamic extremism has to be rejected by the population of Gaza, in the same way as it must be rejected by the Afghans, Iraqis, Iranians etc etc etc.

Everyone knows that Iran has been funding Hamas and supplying them with bombs, which Hamas has been launching into Israel well before this conflict began.  What Hamas did on Oct 7th was abhorrent.  They purposefully murdered family members one at a time in front of each other, while taking others hostage and riding them thru the streets of Gaza like trophies, while people celebrated from their open windows and along the streets.

Israel does need to wrap this up and do all they can to prevent any further loss of innocent lives.  However, I cannot blame them for demanding that all of Hamas leadership be either killed or taken into custody.

70-82% of Gazans support Hamas...

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/poll-over-70-palestinians-still-maintain-hamas-correct-to-commit-oct-7-atrocities/#:~:text=While the overall figure remained,71% in the West Bank.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Of course they do, otherwise they will be killed by the terrorists.

The sooner the cancer hamas is rooted out of Gaza, the sooner the Palestinians can live live again. One benefit for the USA is the potential and imbedded terrorists on breeding ground colleges are now being identified during these “protests”.

9 hours ago, TigerOne said:

The sooner the cancer hamas is rooted out of Gaza, the sooner the Palestinians can live live again. One benefit for the USA is the potential and imbedded terrorists on breeding ground colleges are now being identified during these “protests”.

You are missing the point. This is why Egypt, Jordan, and other ME Nations refuse to take even one refugee from Gaza. They are almost all radicalized. Egypt and Jordan on day one came out and said they would not take one refugee. 

• Like 1

On 5/6/2024 at 8:48 AM, I_M4_AU said:

In related news:

The Biden administration last week halted a shipment of US-made ammo that was slated to go to Israel — a decision that reportedly sent members of the Israeli government into a tizzy as they tried to figure out why the delivery has been withheld.

The move marks the first time since Hamas’ deadly Oct. 7 terrorist attack that the United States has hit the brakes on a weapons shipment to its longtime Middle East ally, according to Axios, which learned of the decision from two Israeli officials.

https://nypost.com/2024/05/05/us-news/biden-admin-puts-hold-on-us-ammunition-shipment-to-israel-report/#

Biden is appeasing his base so the conflict will not be resolved until after the election.  Of course, that is speculation on my part, but why else would this man ride the fence.  What does he believe handcuffing Israel will do to end the conflict?

Does this mean the protests on American college campuses have worked?  We are being run by a weak leader and it shows.

LOL... sure - it is all Biden's fault.  Come on man....

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, TigerOne said:

If only.....   Only two problems:

1. They won't "root out" all of Hamas.

2. Hamas - or the equivalent - will simply regenerate based on the conditions/reality on the ground.

I don't see this as having a military solution.  The solution must be political, as unfeasible as that may sound.

Edited by homersapien

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

LOL... sure - it is all Biden's fault.  Come on man....

Do you think this situation could have been handled better?

This is easily the most morally war a country can be involved in, yet…..

Tell me where he has succeeded in foreign or domestic affairs.

39 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I agree with a couple of those (the border and Afghanistan planning). But blaming Biden for literally every issue here and abroad is just misinformed silly. Next he’s responsible for earthquakes and tornados. 

With Trump, some people confused his bluster, promises, and total chaos for actually accomplishing anything besides hiring/firing lawyers. He’s a game show host.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

The post is just wrong.  You all wanted him to wait longer in Afghanistan. He had no move to make concerning Russia's invasion of Ukraine.  Republicans stood in the way of aid, not the other way around.  He also has no move when it comes to demonstrators.  Some are legal and some are not, regardless, it isn't a federal issue.  He could not have been more prompt when it comes to Israel after Oct 7th.  He was praised in Israel at the time for his immediate reaction.

He should have been more responsive with the border.  There are things to criticize, but when you blame him for everything, people see it for what it is, nothing but political nonsense.

Edited by AU9377

4 hours ago, AU9377 said:

The post is just wrong.  You all wanted him to wait longer in Afghanistan. He had no move to make concerning Russia's invasion of Ukraine.  Republicans stood in the way of aid, not the other way around.  He also has no move when it comes to demonstrators.  Some are legal and some are not, regardless, it isn't a federal issue.  He could not have been more prompt when it comes to Israel after Oct 7th.  He was praised in Israel at the time for his immediate reaction.

He should have been more responsive with the border.  There are things to criticize, but when you blame him for everything, people see it for what it is, nothing but political nonsense.

Biden should have moved during Ramadan in 2021, the was the plan.  When he missed that his ego said it would be great to be out on the 20 year anniversary of 9-11 and that was a disaster.

Russia was building up its forces on the Ukrainian border for months, Biden allowed the Nord Stream 2 pipeline to be completed giving Russia a was around Ukraine to get its Natural Gas to Europe.  He also signaled if would be acceptable if Russia just took some of Ukraine (this is what will happen in the long run).  Biden also slow played aid in terms of weaponary to Ukaine.

Demonstrators are breaking the law when they become violent.  University presidents are slow to react as they are mostly liberal in nature.  Alls Biden would have to do is punish one by legally deporting them and he would educate thousands.  You know, like he did with the vaccine mandate.  It may not be a federal issue to you, but it seems like an organized protest that is present across the nation.

Biden was stead fast after Oct 7th, after he met with the group from Deerborn Michigan he ever so slightly changed his tune.  Now he is in full agreement with Hamas and telling Israel not to go into Rafa to finish the task at hand.  We still have American hostages being held there, does he care?  He doesn’t even mention them, nobody does anymore.

91 counts agains your political rival is political nonsense.  The PR on Biden’s resistance is a bad look.  

37 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Now he is in full agreement with Hamas and telling Israel not to go into Rafa to finish the task at hand.  We still have American hostages being held there, does he care?  He doesn’t even mention them, nobody does anymore. 

6 hours ago:

5 minutes ago, cbo said:

6 hours ago:

Stirring speech during the Holocaust Memorial.  Watch what he does, not what he says.  He delayed weapons to Israel just last week and told Israeli not to go into Rafah to finish off Hamas.

5 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Biden should have moved during Ramadan in 2021, the was the plan.  When he missed that his ego said it would be great to be out on the 20 year anniversary of 9-11 and that was a disaster.

Russia was building up its forces on the Ukrainian border for months, Biden allowed the Nord Stream 2 pipeline to be completed giving Russia a was around Ukraine to get its Natural Gas to Europe.  He also signaled if would be acceptable if Russia just took some of Ukraine (this is what will happen in the long run).  Biden also slow played aid in terms of weaponary to Ukaine.

Demonstrators are breaking the law when they become violent.  University presidents are slow to react as they are mostly liberal in nature.  Alls Biden would have to do is punish one by legally deporting them and he would educate thousands.  You know, like he did with the vaccine mandate.  It may not be a federal issue to you, but it seems like an organized protest that is present across the nation.

Biden was stead fast after Oct 7th, after he met with the group from Deerborn Michigan he ever so slightly changed his tune.  Now he is in full agreement with Hamas and telling Israel not to go into Rafa to finish the task at hand.  We still have American hostages being held there, does he care?  He doesn’t even mention them, nobody does anymore.

91 counts agains your political rival is political nonsense.  The PR on Biden’s resistance is a bad look.  

Nordstream 2 is not in use.  Germany had frozen operation of the pipeline before it was damaged by pro Ukrainian groups.  The U.S. and Germany have been on the same page, which is what you want with one of your strongest allies.  It isn't our place to forbid anything.

What evidence do you have that demonstrators can be deported?  They can be arrested and charged with crimes, but you can't deport citizens or legal residents. 

Biden didn't indict Trump.  Period. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Nordstream 2 is not in use.  Germany had frozen operation of the pipeline before it was damaged by pro Ukrainian groups

Not the point.  Biden allowed it to be completed before the invasion that took away leverage Ukraine had.  It was one of the reasons Russia felt it could invade.  Sanctions were put in place *after* the invasion.  Oh, and now Biden has restricted natural gas exports from the US.  Brilliant move.

What evidence do you have that demonstrators can be deported?  They can be arrested and charged with crimes, but you can't deport citizens or legal residents.

Ah, your favorite word *evidence*.  And I’m not talking about legal citizens, they can be arrested, I’m talking about foreign students that are here on student visas that yell *death to America*.  I believe the US has the right to deport them.  It just takes one.

Biden didn't indict Trump.  Period.

A true statement, but I’m not talking about inciting him, I’m talking about the PR.  Two different things.

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Not the point.  Biden allowed it to be completed before the invasion that took away leverage Ukraine had.  It was one of the reasons Russia felt it could invade.  Sanctions were put in place *after* the invasion.  Oh, and now Biden has restricted natural gas exports from the US.  Brilliant move.

Ah, your favorite word *evidence*.  And I’m not talking about legal citizens, they can be arrested, I’m talking about foreign students that are here on student visas that yell *death to America*.  I believe the US has the right to deport them.  It just takes one.

A true statement, but I’m not talking about inciting him, I’m talking about the PR.  Two different things.

Germany doesn't need our permission.  We can make it difficult, but why would be treat an ally that way?  Would we ask Germany for their permission to build something from Canada to the U.S. or Central America to Texas?  No.

37 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Germany doesn't need our permission.  We can make it difficult, but why would be treat an ally that way?  Would we ask Germany for their permission to build something from Canada to the U.S. or Central America to Texas?  No.

Need our permission for what?  Why would we treat an ally that way?  Why are we restricting weaponary for Israel during a conflict that is none of our business?  Because we have leverage over these allies and feel our way is the best.

Why were we (Cruz) trying to keep the Nord Stream 2 pipline from being completed?  So Russia couldn’t bypass Ukraine in delivering natural gas to Europe.  When it was completed Ukraine lost leverage and that is why it was sabotaged which could have been avoided except for Biden.