Jordan Ivy-Curry

impossible to describe my disdain for both NIL & open portals … completely destroying college sports 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

11 hours ago, nthemix said:

impossible to describe my disdain for both NIL & open portals … completely destroying college sports 

i love auburn sports but nil has taken some of the love out of the game for me. i want kids who WANT to be at Auburn. i know some still came for a secret handshake but i still stand by my thoughts.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, nthemix said:

Some of us said this from the start, but caught grief from others who said we were just “old timers” that weren’t progressive. Wonder how they feel about it now?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

47 minutes ago, jluvah said:

Some of us said this from the start, but caught grief from others who said we were just “old timers” that weren’t progressive. Wonder how they feel about it now?

people seldom admit when they are wrong or change their mind even.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I think you’re still being hard on NIL because your feelings are a bit hurt.  Yes there are mistakes but it’s a new product.  The first airplane that flew was only a few seconds and people laughed.  How many flights happen every year now?

Edited by Lotto

Basketball is more entertaining than it ever has been.  Don’t be all or nothing.  Yes we missed out on some players because of NIL.  But we also kept broome because of NIL.  Remember all the players we missed out on because they went to the G League?  Yeah that’s more painful imo 

On 5/19/2024 at 7:12 PM, Lotto said:

I think you’re still being hard on NIL because your feelings are a bit hurt.  Yes there are mistakes but it’s a new product.  The first airplane that flew was only a few seconds and people laughed.  How many flights happen every year now?

nothing to do with feelings & everything to do with the integrity of the sport … I don’t really have a problem with the theory of NIL but IMO it desperately needs to be regulated … hopefully situations like the FL football  commit suing the head coach will speed up the process 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nthemix said:

nothing to do with feelings & everything to do with the integrity of the sport … I don’t really have a problem with the theory of NIL but IMO it desperately needs to be regulated … hopefully situations like the FL football  commit suing the head coach will speed up the process 

So were you fine with the “integrity” of the sport before you seldomly missed out on a recruit and got sad?  When players were not being compensated at all for their time, energy, and physical bodies being drained?  

On 5/19/2024 at 7:12 PM, Lotto said:

8 hours ago, Lotto said:

So were you fine with the “integrity” of the sport before you seldomly missed out on a recruit and got sad?  When players were not being compensated at all for their time, energy, and physical bodies being drained?  

I've never done this before...but you're honestly the first person I'm considering blocking on grounds of sheer dumb responses.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

12 hours ago, Lotto said:

I'll type very slowly so you can keep up ... I don't have a problem with NIL's but IMO it should be regulated ... I didn't even know that we missed out on a recruit so that has zero affect on my opinion

also I think scholarships, meals & room & board is compensation ... should the athlete's get some of the "pie" ... sure but not in a wild west environment IMO

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nthemix said:

I'll type very slowly so you can keep up ... I don't have a problem with NIL's but IMO it should be regulated ... I didn't even know that we missed out on a recruit so that has zero affect on my opinion

also I think scholarships, meals & room & board is compensation ... should the athlete's get some of the "pie" ... sure but not in a wild west environment IMO

I think every athlete on scholarship should get a fair set amount from the school or the collective.  After that, they should be able to negotiate NIL deals of their own with companies (or individuals) like Bo did with Milo’s or McKistrey did with Kool-Aid.  This semi-institutionalized paying of players is the issue.  Boosters never showed any restraint and you can now replace that with collectives.  

Transfer rules have also fed into the chais and I am not a fan of the latest system of free agency but I think it is fair.  Players are no longer held hostage by the coaches that could always up and leave every year.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/22/2024 at 11:48 AM, nthemix said:

If you could read you’d realize that was my point.  You’re the one trashing on it currently like it was a bad idea when it’s a very new product.  But that probably went over your head.  It’s okay honey it happens 

On 5/22/2024 at 6:53 AM, KansasTiger said:

I've never done this before...but you're honestly the first person I'm considering blocking on grounds of sheer dumb responses.

You moved to Kansas let’s talk about intelligence 😂😂😂

On 5/22/2024 at 6:53 AM, KansasTiger said:

You always find drama it’s cute.  and you take yourself sooo seriously 😂😂😂☠️. I haven’t blocked anyone either but you’re definitely at the top of my list

On 5/22/2024 at 2:33 PM, NCAubs said:

I think every athlete on scholarship should get a fair set amount from the school or the collective.  After that, they should be able to negotiate NIL deals of their own with companies (or individuals) like Bo did with Milo’s or McKistrey did with Kool-Aid.  This semi-institutionalized paying of players is the issue.  Boosters never showed any restraint and you can now replace that with collectives.  

Transfer rules have also fed into the chais and I am not a fan of the latest system of free agency but I think it is fair.  Players are no longer held hostage by the coaches that could always up and leave every year.  

I agree 100%

7 hours ago, Lotto said:

If you could read you’d realize that was my point.  You’re the one trashing on it currently like it was a bad idea when it’s a very new product.  But that probably went over your head.  It’s okay honey it happens 

Not at all … it should be regulated but that’s probably a concept that is beyond your ability to comprehend son … with that said simple minds are probably happy with the decision to allow institutions to pay players … the college is dead … enjoy 

9 minutes ago, nthemix said:

Not at all … it should be regulated but that’s probably a concept that is beyond your ability to comprehend son … with that said simple minds are probably happy with the decision to allow institutions to pay players … the college is dead … enjoy 

Thats much better than fans and boosters.  Aww boomer are you sad they changed your happy  lil tv channel a little bit?  Perhaps I can come call someone to come change your diaper and make you a hot tea?  I’m sorry change scared you I can get you the help you

need  😂😂😂

9 hours ago, Lotto said:

You moved to Kansas let’s talk about intelligence 😂😂😂

I got PCS'ed here by the Air Force. But nice try, moron.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Lotto said:

You always find drama it’s cute.  and you take yourself sooo seriously 😂😂😂☠️. I haven’t blocked anyone either but you’re definitely at the top of my list

I'd never be that lucky. I'd sure miss being ignored by you and your...198 post reactions? Wait, that can't be right. You've been here at least a year, and that's all you have? Maybe try saying a few things that aren't mindless drivel.

2 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

I'd never be that lucky. I'd sure miss being ignored by you and your...198 post reactions? Wait, that can't be right. You've been here at least a year, and that's all you have? Maybe try saying a few things that aren't mindless drivel.

Message board “reputation” smack talk.  This is why I come here.  Thanks for being that guy.  

• Love 1

4 hours ago, NCAubs said:

Message board “reputation” smack talk.  This is why I come here.  Thanks for being that guy.  

Yeahhhh it’s okay.  He needs this place.  I’m just going to ignore him at this point he literally follows me around I can’t stay out of his mind 😂😂

Posted (edited)
On 5/24/2024 at 11:26 PM, Lotto said:

Thats much better than fans and boosters.  Aww boomer are you sad they changed your happy  lil tv channel a little bit?  Perhaps I can come call someone to come change your diaper and make you a hot tea?  I’m sorry change scared you I can get you the help you

need  😂😂😂

aww … you’re a cute little cuck … true I’m a “boomer” yet I’ve forgotten more about sports than you’ll ever learn … and I’ve actually played the game not just sit around & jerked off to  Madden ratings … once again … enjoy chaos

Edited by nthemix

1 hour ago, nthemix said:

aww … you’re a cute little cuck … true I’m a “boomer” yet I’ve forgotten more about sports than you’ll ever learn … and I’ve actually played the game not just sit around & jerked off to  Madden ratings … once again … enjoy chaos

This thread gets better with every post!  Now we’ve reached the “I played, did you?” level of attempts to discredit those with whom we disagree.  

Keep it up, fellers!  The summer doldrums are just beginning!

• Love 1

6 hours ago, nthemix said:

😂😂😂 I think you misspelled your “bull” ;)I actually wrestled in college so I wasn’t sitting around 😂😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lotto said:

😂😂😂 I think you misspelled your “bull” ;)I actually wrestled in college so I wasn’t sitting around 😂😂

And I drank beer in college.  Does that make me a brewmeister, @nthemix?

• Haha 2