Jordan Hare having issues

AU-Dave

Hey guys I read your posts all the time but havent commented much.

I just wanted to let everyone in on my game experience at Jordan Hare.

During the 1st quarter I was approached by a officer and told that I must sit down.

OK first off Im not a drinker...my mother was sitting beside me and other family around also.....

I was simply standing up and cheering..

I tell the cop "You have to be kidding you are telling me I cant stand up at a Auburn Game?"

THIS was his deal "the people behind you cant see with you standing"

My cousin told me the older couple behind me had flagged the cop down and told him to speak with me.

I have heard about this kinda thing b4 in other posts.

I told the cop exactly this "Sir you will have to show me where its against rules to stand up"

He basically told me that if I didnt stay seated I would be "removed"

The section i was in was mostly older couples who only could give a "golf clap".

I went and sat with some friends closer to the student section where I GUESS its legal to cheer?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I have ZERO legal knowledge of the issue

BUT

During the Sugar Bowl between OU/LSU...we had this problem (but on the other side of the issue)...and approached the cop about sitting down these OU kids in front of us....cops told us they could do nothing legally (as in forcing them to sit down) so if the cop told you that....I would be interested to see if that was actually legal.

Anyone know?

If these people are able to make a trip up the stairs and ramps to get to their seats, then they should be able to stand up every now and then. That is why they have the wheelchair spots at the exits for people to sit. They need to go sit in those areas and leave people that want to stand alone. Yes this same scenario happened to me at the 1997 iron bowl.

I think you did the right thing by moving to a better area. The only thing I might have done differntly would be to accidently spilll a large soda on them on my way out. And from what I hear of concession prices these days it would be the best way to spend $20 that I could think of. :D:P

I began attending AU football games at age ten. My father from an early age told me to not impede the view of those behind me. I stand and yell throughout the games today, but I try and be aware of the presence of those behind me who typically are standing and yelling at the same time ... generally the whole area is standing and shouting. I would find it bothersome to sit behind someone that stood more than they sat.

I wasn't there so cannot comment on your situation, but I have been behind fans who stood the entire game and it is not much fun.

I too tend to stand and holler at certain times, such as defensive stands, after big plays, etc. But I do not make an issue of it if someone stands a lot. I just stand myself and enjoy the game. My big problem is when I sat in the student section and everyone was standing on top of the seats, now that was highly annoying and was the one and only year I paid for student tickets. :puke: Way too much hassle, so I paid more to sit in the normal fan section and had much more fun to boot. :cheer:

Us students stand all the time! Come join us! Matter of fact, if your caught sitting....you probably will get harrassed by alot of people :o But hey, were just showing that auburn pride ;)B)

I began attending AU football games at age ten.  My father from an early age told me to not impede the view of those behind me.  I stand and yell throughout the games today, but I try and be aware of the presence of those behind me who typically are standing and yelling at the same time ... generally the whole area is standing and shouting.  I would find it bothersome to sit behind someone that stood more than they sat.

185549[/snapback]

That's pretty much the deal in my section (40)...most of us know when to stand and yell, and when to sit. So we don't get on each other's nerves. :)

:au::homer:

No problem with students doing their thing, and standing was not the problem, it was standing on the bleachers that was the problem.

I realized that I did not fit in with the majority and went where I did fit in. With exception of one fraternity, most of the students were friendly and loved Auburn. Some of the KAs even invited us to their party at the old house on College Street after the Iron Bowl in 1993. :lol:

Well I'm one of the ones in the student section standing on the bleachers the entire game. the entire student section stands on the bleachers the whole game.

You made a good decision by not getting student tickets if u don't like to stand up...hell i've yelled at students to get their @ss's up and make some noise.

I think i might be screwed when I can't get student tickets anymore :( . i might have to buy tickets in the last row just so I can stand...i dont think I could actually watch a game sitting down.

there are a lot of students that don't understand the rules of where you stand at the game. The people behind us were standing on the bleachers they were sitting on, everyone knows you stand on the ones in front of you. Kids these days.

i think the "unwritten rule" is, if the people in front of you are standing, stand. you paid your money to see the game. when the people in front of you sit down, sit.

there are a lot of students that don't understand the rules of where you stand at the game.  The people behind us were standing on the bleachers they were sitting on, everyone knows you stand on the ones in front of you.  Kids these days.

185581[/snapback]

this is exactly right...I hate it when folks don't understand this. And then when you go to an away game, the same rule should be implemented. You always step up and sit back.

there are a lot of students that don't understand the rules of where you stand at the game.  The people behind us were standing on the bleachers they were sitting on, everyone knows you stand on the ones in front of you.  Kids these days.

185581[/snapback]

this is exactly right...I hate it when folks don't understand this. And then when you go to an away game, the same rule should be implemented. You always step up and sit back.

185599[/snapback]

Give it a rest....

"Kids these days..." y'all should read some of the posts on this topic. Bunch of cry babies :thumbsdown: You can always "sit" at home on your chair, and watch the game....Jordan-hare aint no living room. The students are going to stand...whether its on bleachers or your back...there gonna be crazy. If you expected differently, well...your problem.

Hell sell your tickets to people who will actually cheer...theres about 45,000 stiffs around the stadium anyways.

I have heard some attitudes that really gets me agitated. Now, to begin with, I am neither young nor old. I am 32. But, when I hear guys griping about elderly people and tell them they should sell their tickets if they are not going to stand, well that ticks me off! Those old people have been supporting :au: for a whole helluva lot longer then you young ones. Those older people probably can't stand for very long periods of time period. That does not mean that they should go sit in the handicapped sections as somebody suggested. They have a right to come and enjoy the game in their own way just as much as you do. If they ask you to sit down so the can see the game, then just ask them if they want to swap places. That way you are behind them instead of in front of them. Now, if everybody all the way down is standing up in front of them, then they will just have to deal with that then, because she can't ask a whole section to sit down. That I agree with. But the remarks about old people coming to the game and not standing up need so stop. We are AU Nation and we need to act like it to each other, regardless of age. I am 32 and about to have back surgery. That means I can't stand up for long periods of time (heck I can't sit down for long periods of time either). That is one of the reasons I don't go. But if I did go and if you gave me grief about not standing at a game, then you and I would have problen wouldn't we! I paid money just you and I have a right to enjoy the game just like you. Actually there are rules about causing other fans to not be able to join the game. Technically your ticket allows you the right to sit in that specific seat location. It does not give you the right to impede another's view of the game the entire game. So, the security guard was actually in the right in asking you to sit. He was doing his job. It would be different if you only stood up when a good or big play happened. Then it would be out of order for anybody to say something to you. It is all about being courteous to this around you. If you can't do that then maybe you are the one that does not need to go to the game.

185581[/snapback]

185599[/snapback]

Give it a rest....

"Kids these days..." y'all should read some of the posts on this topic. Bunch of cry babies :thumbsdown: You can always "sit" at home on your chair, and watch the game....Jordan-hare aint no living room. The students are going to stand...whether its on bleachers or your back...there gonna be crazy. If you expected differently, well...your problem.

Hell sell your tickets to people who will actually cheer...theres about 45,000 stiffs around the stadium anyways.

185601[/snapback]

no I won't give it a rest. I enjoy standing at the game and every student should know you stand on the bleacher infront of you, not the one you sit on during halftime. That's all I was saying.

Ranger, I am not telling you to sell your tickets because your old. Im basically stating if your going to complain about standing up in Jordan-Hare...better fans could take your place.

Didnt mean to "tick you off" :lol::poke:

Its just crappy to me when I hear stories of people actually getting the cops because of standing....Thats just absolutely crappy to do in your own fanbase.

"Hey Mr. Cop Sir...This guy is standing infront of me...can you please tell him not to? Thank you sir! God bless!"

I mean good god, this stadium is supposed to be a place of excitement that scares the other team...not some golf tour.

As far as the old people who cant stand a long time...They could talk to the people who are standing about that, I mean really, surely every Auburn fan would understand a condition like that. No need to get the cops involved or to get a fan thrown out.

185581[/snapback]

185599[/snapback]

Give it a rest....

185601[/snapback]

"kids these days" was a joke, i'm only 23, and all i was complaining about was that the students these days don't understand where they are supposed to stand, calm down and find your sense of humor.

185581[/snapback]

185599[/snapback]

Give it a rest....

185601[/snapback]

"kids these days" was a joke, i'm only 23, and all i was complaining about was that the students these days don't understand where they are supposed to stand, calm down and find your sense of humor.

185633[/snapback]

Sorry, your humor is very hard to find...and in poor structure :moon:

Archived