Check this stat out!! Its crazy!!!

AUfan

Yeah, heard this on TV somewhere last night.

In 108 games: Auburn-1619 total points, Georgia-total 1618 points.  Amazing!

197040[/snapback]

I believe they said it during halftime of the WVU/ bearcats game. It is one of those FACTS that is hard to believe is true. Amazing that it has been that close over such a long period of time. If I recall that stat usually gets brought up every year because it is so eye opening about how close the series overall has been.

This is a football weekend, all 3 of these SEC games are gonna be amazing just cant wait till 7:30 hopefully the new point total will still have us ahead.

Beat the Dawgs especially for AU fans in Georgia

I will literally be in the middle of moving. The house is packed and loaded, I have no TV (will really miss the 65" HDTV) and will be on the road. I have informed the wife that we will be stopped, dinner eaten, and the kids bathed before the game starts and in a hotel that has ESPN.

197040[/snapback]

I thought about what you said...and so I decided to go and find out the truth. I found the scores to all of the :au: - :uga: games and added them up (just curious). The numbers I came up with were...

:au: really was 1619

:uga: was 1607

not sure if I missed a score (very easily could have happened), but if I didnt, this is still very very close.

In 108 meetings, the Tigers have outscored the Dawgs by one point.

we own georgia :P

197081[/snapback]

woooohoooo, what is the all time record in this series btw?

197040[/snapback]

I thought about what you said...and so I decided to go and find out the truth. I found the scores to all of the :au: - :uga: games and added them up (just curious). The numbers I came up with were...

:au: really was 1619

:uga: was 1607

not sure if I missed a score (very easily could have happened), but if I didnt, this is still very very close.

197117[/snapback]

You certainly have more energy than I! I was just quoting TV from memory and you could be right. Well, right or wrong, whatever the difference is now, I hope it's even more than 12 points in Auburn's favor by Sunday morning!

:cheer::au:

In 108 meetings, the Tigers have outscored the Dawgs by one point.

we own georgia :P

197081[/snapback]

woooohoooo, what is the all time record in this series btw?

197152[/snapback]

Auburn 52

Georgia 48

ties 8

When was the last time we tied?

197216[/snapback]

1994. why do you have to bring that up? why? why? why?

matt hawkins missed a really long FG at the end that would've won it. it was hawkins, right? i think it was a 50-plusser. correct me if i'm wrong. screwed up our 20 wins in a row streak.

oh, that reminds me...BEAT GEORGIA!!!!!!!!!

How close is the  :au: - :uga:   rivalry? In 108 meetings, the Tigers have outscored the Dawgs by one point.  I looove this rivalry.

:au: -23

:uga: 15

WAR EAGLE!!!!!

197024[/snapback]

i hope you mean 23 and not -23

I like SouthLink, but I HATE UGA!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, SL. It's a long standing thing in my household. I'm the only AU fan, but the rest af them are Clemson Tigers. And as a kid, you know who I was pullin for. I have hated Georgia more than S. Carolina over the years. A respectful "hate".... but hate non the less.

I TOTALLY LOATH ALABAMA!!!!!

When was the last time we tied?

197216[/snapback]

1994. why do you have to bring that up? why? why? why?

matt hawkins missed a really long FG at the end that would've won it. it was hawkins, right? i think it was a 50-plusser. correct me if i'm wrong. screwed up our 20 wins in a row streak.

oh, that reminds me...BEAT GEORGIA!!!!!!!!!

197217[/snapback]

yes I meant

:au: 23

:uga: 15

I like SouthLink, but I HATE UGA!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, SL. It's a long standing thing in my household. I'm the only AU fan, but the rest af them are Clemson Tigers. And as a kid, you know who I was pullin for. I have hated Georgia more than S. Carolina over the years. A respectful "hate".... but hate non the less.

I TOTALLY LOATH ALABAMA!!!!!

197259[/snapback]

I understand. Before Katrina, I had a HUGE hatred for South Carolina. One so big I couldn't imagine ever, ever, ever, ever hoping for them to win in anything.

Then, South Carolina was one of only two schools that called me back and accepted me during the midst of the Hurricane...so I actually root for them now :)

But, I understand the hatred. Just remember...my entire family is LSU fans...my sister is Tennessee....and my cousin is Florida. Whoever we lose to...I get it.

No one in my mom's side of the family really cares about football(I think my cousin used to go to Tennessee games), although my mom's uncle played one semester of football at Tennesee(school didn't work out for him). On my dad's side of the family, anyone who cares about football is an Auburn fan :) . Unfourtanely my sister picked Ole Miss over Auburn, but she doesn't really care about football. If she marries an Ole Miss graduate, I can't wait to give him hell about being an Ole Miss fan(just for fun). I hope to go to Auburn.

Archived