Our defense has got to step up this week.

PowerI

We can't leave recievers wide open and put no pressure on the quarterback like we did against Georgia and Kentucky, or Brodie will pick us apart. We did a pretty good job against the run, but bammer's running game is better than Georgia's. Our offense has looked great, now it is time for our defense to make a statement.

i agree with all of these except the assertion that bama has a better running game than uga. bama has a featured running back that puts up great numbers. they have a solid running game. but that doesn't mean it is better than georgia's. uga just spreads the ball out to three running backs and its qb. uga's rushing offense is generating 14 more yards per game, has produced more touchdowns, and has a better ypc average. they are ranked 3rd in the sec behind only arkansas and auburn. we just played a tougher offense in every aspect than we'll face this weekend, but we can't play as poorly defensively b/c we're playing a much tougher defense than we did last week.

We did a pretty good job against the run, but bammer's running game is better than Georgia's. 

198209[/snapback]

I believe Bama has th better individual back but Georgia has been the better overall.

UGA is currently ranked #40 in the country with 167.7 per game and Bama is #53 with 153.2 per game.

uat's problem, IMHO, is the offensive line. (Or lack thereof.)

Brodie is a capable qb. darby is a good back. It is tough to throw the ball while laying on your back. It is tough to run the ball with no blocking.

Time will tell...... :au:

uat's problem, IMHO, is the offensive line. (Or lack thereof.)

Brodie is a capable qb. darby is a good back. It is tough to throw the ball while laying on your back. It is tough to run the ball with no blocking.

Time will tell...... :au:

198288[/snapback]

Putting QB's on their back has been a problem for Auburn all year. We just have not done it. When you only rush 3, the QB has all day. We show a blitz many times, but will back out of it. Most times this is done, seemingly, after an audible is called by the opposing QB. If you noticed Georgia, when they showed blitz, they blitzed! They didnt care if we knew, because they knew we could not stop it. The worst move they made all night, and one which cost them the game, was not blitzing on the 4th and 10, at the end of the game.

Seven...Power I....Didn't I see a picture somewhere of you two wearing lsWHO colors? :D

The last 2 games for the Auburn D has been anything but remarkable. When the D only gave up 10 pts to the :lsu: O in 4 quarters, I thought we'd be fine for the rest of the season. Then there was the 446 yrds and 30pts given up vs :uga::blink:

Brodie isn't DJ , but he can find an open receiver, if given time. The :au: D needs to step it up and have a game everyone is expecting from the :ua: squad.

Seven...Power I....Didn't I see a picture somewhere of you two wearing lsWHO colors? :D

198314[/snapback]

I thought about ignoring your classless self, but just couldn't help it. So...

No, you did not see a picture of me anywhere. However, I would be more than happy to send you one of my @$$ so you can kiss it! :D

War Tim,

You are one of the main ones that always says not to make personal remarks about players or others. Yet you make some kind of assinine remark like you just did. You just lost any credibility you had with me. That probably doesn't mean anything to you, however. :D:thumbsdown:

So if Shockley doesn't complete the long pass as time runs out against the "prevent" defense, and thus uga has only about 265 yards passing and under 400 overall, would anybody feel any better? Keep in mind that uga was the second-best offense in the sec, and has a much more solid line than uat, and more dangerous playmakes in Shockley and Pope.

I am not complacent by any means (you never know how that funny-shaped ball may bounce), but I have confidence in the leadership at Auburn, both in coaching and especially the seniors (who have never known losing to that smaller school north of Moundville).

As long as we get a pass rush in Croyle, and limit Bama's rush yeards, we should win this game by a fair amount. There is no question we can outscore them, IMO we need to limit the big plays that can keep Bama thinking they are still in the game.

I've said all season that if given time, Brodie can throw it a mile on the money. However, if he gets any pressure and gets knocked around at all he is just your average QB. Because of their weak O-Line he's been rushed and you have all seen the result. Exploiting that is key this week for AU.

I want to address the guys about the :uga: game.

:uga: had two weeks to prepare for us.

Herring takes blame for bad communication on D.

They schemed us perfectly, hats off to the Bulldog Coaching Staff. They were just awesome. It ruined our D Stats for the year. But remember, they are/were a Top Ten Team. They were there for a reason.

BTW, want to know just how good Shockley is? He is sitting at a 1. D.J. Shockley UG 154.0 qb rating!!!!!

Link

That's right boys and girls, Shockley is approaching the hallowed Danny Weurfel territory in the SEC record books for 2005. If you know college football, that stat alone could easily account for the 300 yards passing.

Alabama's O-line has given up 26 sacks this year only four SEC teams have given up more.

Auburn has given up 16, only two teams have given up fewer.

Alabama's D has 23 sacks this year (9th in the SEC), while Auburn's has 25 (T5th in the SEC).

I like those numbers going into Saturday.

SEC Statistics

War Tim,

You are one of the main ones that always says not to make personal remarks about players or others. Yet you make some kind of assinine remark like you just did. You just lost any credibility you had with me. That probably doesn't mean anything to you, however. :D  :thumbsdown:

198364[/snapback]

I knew it would happen sooner or later. Finally, you are correct. :moon:

War Tim,

You are one of the main ones that always says not to make personal remarks about players or others. Yet you make some kind of assinine remark like you just did. You just lost any credibility you had with me. That probably doesn't mean anything to you, however. :D  :thumbsdown:

198364[/snapback]

I knew it would happen sooner or later. Finally, you are correct. :moon:

198493[/snapback]

So, I AM correct in saying that you are a complete @$$!? Thanks for acknowledgeing that! :roflol:

Archived