In Honor of Naming Pat Dye Field...

DKW 86

My Fondess memory of Pat Dye was during the Alabama Auburn Pep rally in 89.  I lived at the Wesley Foundation and we did a float for the peprally/ parade...well in the mean time I also had a personalized licenseplate that Read "DYEBAMA"...I took it off my car and wrapped it around a sign and holding it up during the parade around campus...several tv camera wanted me to stop and put the tag on camera....as the parade finished at the baseball field there was a stage set up for the coachs and players to come and appear.....I was lucky enough to be close enough to the stage when Pat Dye Quenton Riggins and several others came on stage....Quenton Riggins saw my plate and motioned me to come closer to the stage and let him see it....He actually put my tag around his neck then handed it to Pat Dye and He actually wore it for a minit and signed it....I had to ask for it back after all it was my legal Car Tag....I  got it back.....signed and still have it hanging on my wall. The best day and weekend of my life at Auburn University ( besides flying Kites on the top Of Haley Center)...

WDE :cheer:   :cheer:   BEAT BAMA

198408[/snapback]

Dyebama,

You are not going to believe this, but I remember that momement very vividly. I worked for the Opelika-Auburn News during that time and remember the picture than ran in the paper. I can't remember if I took it or my boss, we where both there and took a lot of pics. But I do rememer you making your way throught the crowd with the license plate over your head. Good Memories

BEAT :ua:

"It was Lawyer Tillman that got MUGGED by neon deon. We drove the length of the field and made a couple of 4th down conversions on that drive. Terrible no call on LT."

Quote from War Tim.

Actually, I thought it was Freddie Weygand.  I may be wrong, don't think I have that game on tape, as I attended it.    I do agree it was a terrible no-call.  Then again, I had Breakfast at Brennan's that morning, beginning with three Bloody Marys.  I do know we got behind 13-0 but fought back.

Never have like Deion Sanders since.

198410[/snapback]

I am more than capable of forgetting important stuff, but, trust me on this one. I never liked deon from that day on. He was even asked about the play later and instead of telling it like it was, simply said "Hey, he should have pushed me off". :angry:

198469[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure that there were two plays on which PI could have been called on those last 4 downs. That could be leading to the confusion. However, I'm pretty sure(as you are) that LT was the one that blind people in India saw since it was so freaking blatant.

Archived