Deinhart's Rivalry Picks

DKW 86

Link

Ohio State over *Michigan: OK, let's get this out of the way right now: Jim Tressel is 3-1 vs. Big Blue. So, go ahead and do some push-ups, Brutus. You'll be doing more on Saturday. That's right: Ohio State will win in the Big House. Why? Because the Buckeyes are better on offense. Yes, it's that simple, considering the defenses are a wash. Not really, Ohio State's is better. And let's just say I feel better about Josh Huston making a big late-game kick than Garrett Rivas. You know that's what it's gonna come down to.

*Auburn over Alabama: If a man from Mars came to Earth and watched this game, would he be jealous or think Earthlings were totally out of whack? I think the Little Green Guy would be jealous and try to nose in on a tailgate. If you're lucky enough to be there, I hope you're cheering for the Tigers. While the Tide defense is boffo, Auburn's offensive balance will move the ball and score. The Bama offense? Oh, I know where it'll be: Right under Auburn's thumb. And then Tiger fans can thumb their noses at Tide fans. And isn't that what this is all about?

*South Carolina over Clemson: Clemson has won seven of the last eight meetings, including the last three. Hmmmm. Clemson is 2-1 vs. Steve Spurrier. Hmmmm. Think I like South Carolina. Faked you out! Don't feel bad: That's exactly what Spurrier has done to me. So, I'm done looking like a fool. I've got my visor on and there's a big smirk on my face. I expect the Gamecocks to control the clock with their underrated running game, while the South Carolina defense will make just enough plays for Spurrier to get the win -- and then move into the Governor's Mansion.

does anyone really think USC can beat clemson? i'm not giving them much of a chance.

198660[/snapback]

Tommy's team will spank USC many times over. I believe the OLD frustrated Spurrier will show up. The lip-biting, visor-throwing, nail-biting, worried old man will witness a defeating blow. It will be a romp.

This game actually looks pretty near close to even to me.. Just my opinion. USC did beat Florida, and I do see Spurrier's team putting up a fight. Remember they aren't the same South Carolina team that came to the Plains.. YOu just watch but I say...

SC 21

Clemson 20

Just my opinion though

does anyone really think USC can beat clemson? i'm not giving them much of a chance.

198660[/snapback]

That's what I thought before the UF game. Now, I'm not so sure. He's got that Blake Mitchell completing those 3-step drop passes with perfection. I wouldn't put it past USC to beat Clemson.

198660[/snapback]

Clemson is only favored 1 1/2, and it's at Columbia. I would look for the Cocks to win.

Never underestimate the ability of Bowden and Whitehurst to lead Clemson's purple-wannabe-tigers to an inexplicable loss. Beating Miami last year, and then turn around and lose to Duke (football, not basketball). This year, they play Miami into OT, then lose to Wake. Last week they trounce an over-rated FSU team, so they are due to lay an egg Saturday.

Archived