More quotes

AUloggerhead

Anybody that thinks 'bulletin board material' doesn't happen at the college level, read this:

... Auburn defenders were offended by comments made in Tuscaloosa during the week. They went out to prove their defense was not only the equal of Alabama's but superior.

"They have some great guys, but they have a lot of guys that talk," senior middle linebacker Travis Williams said. "We don't do any talking. We go out and play ball. Brodie had a bull's-eye on him. We read about their linebacker (DeMeco Ryans) saying he wanted to get (Auburn tailback) Kenny (Irons) and their running back wanting the ball and they were going to shut us out to zero points.

"We were in base coverage. Half the time, we sacked him with just four guys rushing. I don't know what was going on. Their guys were calling us all week. For some reason, they were practicing in just helmets. I don't know if they thought they were playing a I-AA team, but we were practicing in full gear all week. ( :lol: )  It was going to be a physical game and we came out and out-physicaled them." ...

Seems like Ken Just-give-me-the-damn-ball Darby could stand to take a lesson in how to prepare for a big game from Travis Williams. :au: WDE Travis & WDE to all your teammates that know there's a big difference in dreaming about winning and actually working on preparing to win. Link

That's a great post. I always thought that laying off the hitting while preparing for a big game was counter-productive. Sure, you have a risk of injuries, but they're football players - they need to be hitting!

Here's some more quotes in the O/A News. Not about the trash talking by bama guys pre game. But mostly of the domination and 4 in a row. I am going to miss seeing TJ on the field wearing the orange and blue.

Link

First, he saw the gold teeth. Then the dreadlocks. Then the newly named Pat Dye Field turf.

Wash, rinse and repeat.

Alabama senior quarterback Brodie Croyle got more than he wanted from AU defensive end Stanley McClover in Saturday’s 70th edition of the Iron Bowl, as he was sacked 3½ times by the Tigers junior and 11 by the entire AU defense.

“Stanley McClover was as good as advertised,” Croyle said. “We tried every pass protection that we had - slide, man, double-team - but we couldn’t slow them down.

“They were just too good.”

McClover agreed.

“That’s the best game we’ve played defensively since I’ve been here,” McClover said. “We just played off a lot of emotion.”

No doubt it was a tough day for Croyle, making his final regular-season start for the Crimson Tide.

But for McClover and his posse, it was a great one.

In a sport where it’s good for the defense to be off the field, Auburn’s wanted to be on it.

“Man, every time it was time for us to go out on the field, we were happy,” McClover said.

And they should have been.

Alabama went backward on its first three possessions. The Tide had minus-23 yards on its first 12 plays. Croyle was sacked on three of them.

“It was fast,” Auburn defensive coordinator David Gibbs said. “We were really fast. We have this saying in our room, ‘When we play fast, we’re hard to deal with.’ When people allow us to line up and play fast, we’re pretty darn good.”

Even Croyle recognized it.

“He told us to slow down,” AU senior noseguard Tommy Jackson said.

But Auburn didn’t. The Tigers held Alabama to just 188 total yards (33 rushing, 155 passing) in the 28-18 win.

“Give the kids all the credit,” Gibbs said. “There were no magical calls, the kids just got after them.”

It was also a very special night for Opelika’s own Tommy Jackson. The Tiger senior noseguard made his final appearance in front of his home crowd, and didn’t disappoint.

Not only was he named a captain for the game, he also had two sacks and five tackles.

“We put a lot into this week,” Jackson said. “And here are the fruits from it.”

Jackson, along with the rest of his senior class, has never lost to Alabama.

“Man, that’s amazing,” he said. “Not too many people can say they never lost to Alabama.

“I can be an 80-year-old man, sitting in my rocking chair, with my cane, hitting my grandson on top of the head and I’m going to say ‘Boy, I ain’t never lost to Alabama. Be quiet.’”

I can just hear him saying this....that is just funny. :roflol::roflol:

“I can be an 80-year-old man, sitting in my rocking chair, with my cane, hitting my grandson on top of the head and I’m going to say ‘Boy, I ain’t never lost to Alabama. Be quiet.’”

:roflol: That is absolutely fantastic. I can see that picture in my head.

I said it's great to be an Auburn Tiger!!!!

:thumbsup: Bravo to all of our players and coaches. :thumbsup:

Archived