Auburn / Ohio State

TigerOne

agree - I don't think Oregon will jump OSU - which will require OSU to be an at large team . .that leaves us vs. the Badgers . .we should KILL them . .

Word from one talk show host is that the PAC 10 is putting significant pressure on Fiesta Bowl to take Oregon. If this happens and we play OSU, that could be the setup game for next season. OSU is a media darling this year and a win could turn some heads. The computer polls don't even know who we are. If we play and win, this would be big for our program and recruiting. Especially if we can get some attention from the ohio valley folks.

This should be an interesting game. North vs South. :D

Word from one talk show host is that the PAC 10 is putting significant pressure on  Fiesta Bowl to take Oregon. If this happens and we play OSU, that could be the setup game for next season. OSU is a media darling this year and a win could turn some heads. The computer polls don't even know who we are. If we play and win, this would be big for our program and recruiting. Especially if we can get some attention from the ohio valley folks.

200470[/snapback]

Thats right auskull, a VERY important game for next year, if :au: were to beat

Ohio St. there is a good chance that a top 5 preseason ranking would be possible.

I think some of it will depend on who wins the SECCG. If LSU does beat Arky and goes to face UGA, then I think we need LSU to beat UGA. IF that happens I think we get the nod to the Capital One Bowl over UGA. If UGA beats LSU, then don't be suprised to see LSU get picked for the Capital ONe bowl and we get sent to the Cotton.

Everyone has different speculations.

Fox Sports Link has us playing Wisconsin in the Capital One. LSU v. WVU in the Sugar....Va Tech v. Ohio St in the Orange.....ND v. Penn St in the Fiesta.....bama v. Texas Tech in the Cotton.....and UGA v. Michigan in the Outback Bowl

CBS Sportsline Link has AU v. Ohio St in the Capital One.....LSu v. WVU in the Sugar.....Va Tech v. Penn St in the ORange....ND v. Oregon in the Fiesta....bama v. texas Tech in Cotton....UGA v. Wisconsin in the Outback

ESPN Link has AU v. Wisconsin in Cap One....LSU v. WVU in Sugar....Va Tech v. Penn St in Orange...ND v. Ohio St in Fiesta....UGA v. Michigan (Forde's pick) South Carolina v. Michigan (Maisel's pick) in the Outback.....bama v. Texas Tech in Cotton....

All are assuming LSU and Va Tech win their conference championship games. They assume WVU beats S. Florida in two weeks to win the Big East. They are all different on the Fiesta Bowl selection. No way South Carolina gets a better bowl over UGA, even if UGA loses the SECCG. I think I am more in line with the CBS Sportsline selections. I think all of those would be some very good games...UGA may run out the door on Wisconsin, but never know. IF UGA and FSU win the CCGs and South Florida beats WVU, then hold on there is no telling what will happen then...I think bama is probably a lock on the Cotton unless UGA beats LSU and LSU gets the Cap One selection, then I think AU gets the Cotton Bowl. December 3 will decide for sure. WAR EAGLE!!!!!!

Archived