brodie, brodie, brodie

AUbirdie

per bham news

"When you sit back and look at it," Croyle said, "we're 9-2. We had everybody talking about a national championship and playing in a Rose Bowl (when the team was 9-0). We lost to the No. 3 team in the country (LSU) in overtime and played one bad quarter against Auburn. If you look past the one quarter, we won the game 18-7.

that's bammer logic my friends, so with that in mind take the Tenn,

So. Miss, Ole Miss games and take away a quarter(pick one) and what happens?

but they were on CBS!!!

LOL...."Ya ignore the fact that Tech had 5 ints vs us....if it wasnt for that, we won the game 35-0!."

It was 21-0 in the first quarter....basically ran the ball about every play from there on out. All 3rd quarter was," Kenny Irons up the middle....Kenny Irons on the right....Kenny Irons on the left."

Its this kind of talk that really makes Brodie look very very dumb :puke:

I mean....come on. This is the best Bama has to offer? The Heisman candidate himself? The leader of the "Return to Glory"? The Prodigal Son himself?

and here is some reality logic for ringo

he will NEVER play a down in a regular season NFL game

if he is even drafted.

In a preseason game Carlos Rogers will intercept him and a wall of blockers will crush him :byebye:

Guys, where have you been? This is CSS being used to the fullest. NO, not College Sports South! This is the Croyle Scoring System.

CSS entitles a team to 4 "Mulligans" per season. The mulligans apply to any quarter of a particular football game and allows the holder of said mulligan to exclude the selected quarter from factoring into the outcome of the game and also allows the holder to erase said quarter from holder's memory.

Thus, Brodie's judicious use of this mulligan has resulted in the actual outcome of the Iron Bowl being Bama 18 and Auburn 7. A team reeling from scandal, probation and injuries is entitled to an extra mulligan for that year. Thus, CSS gave Bama 6 wins and 5 moral victories in 2004.

If that isn't clear enough, BG will be holding a 2 day seminar in Birmingham next month at Health South's conference center. Please register early on line at CSSmulligan/excuses/moralvictory.com Continental breakfast provided both mornings.

I guess that is why you HAVE to play four quarters of football to win at the DIV-1 level. Heck if we could throw out several select quarters of past football games we might have 10, no 12, no 14..... NC's

WDE!!

Interesting thing, I was about to start a thread on this. I just returned from Montgomery on Business and on the way back was listening to Finebomb. He had a caller, who happened to be a huge bama fan, call in and discuss this interview. He said something along the lines of "these are sorry excuses", and they anger/embaress him as a UAT fan. If the team couldnt put the W on the board then they should shut their mouths and try to improve. Making excuses is not a solution to a loss. Finebaum agreed, and added how bad it made Croyle and etc look. He then wondered what he thought McClover would think about all these comments. First time Ive gotten a smile out of listening to the old finebomb. He shows that deep down somewhere he has a little bit of a brain. :cheer::au:

Poor brodie. He doesn't seem to grasp that we pulled back the reins and took it easy on them in the 2nd half, not to mention that we played a soft cover-2 zone scheme on that last drive where John Boy Walton scored. That 18-7 "win" wouldn't have materialized if we'd decided to be nasty.

Geez, does that mean bama's back again? Pretty soon they will have won as many quarters as they have MNCs :blink:

If that stuff makes Brodie's head feel better so be it because it's going to be awhile before his ribs and butt feel good again. :big:

How much of this was Daddy John? Brodie was singing a different song right after the game. It's Big John that is making the excuses and saying that they have the word that Brodie will go Pro.

Required link...

TUSCALOOSA - Alabama quarterback Brodie Croyle is not injured, but he did play while "severely beat up" during the final weeks of the Crimson Tide's regular season, his father, John Croyle, said Monday.

John Croyle was responding to questions about his son's health following 11 sacks during Alabama's 28-18 loss to Auburn on Nov. 20.

After the game, Alabama's all-time passing leader paused when asked if he was playing hurt: "No," he said. "Just every day bumps and bruises, nothing big."

He was sacked 26 times and hit countless others during Alabama's final five Southeastern Conference games, in which he led the offense to only three touchdowns. Freshman backup John Parker Wilson directed the only other TD drive late in the Auburn game.

As Alabama's offensive line's protection broke down during the second half of the season, so did the fifth-year senior's effectiveness. He posted his three lowest efficiency ratings of the season - the only three less than 100 - in the final three weeks against Mississippi State, LSU and Auburn.

It's Tide coach Mike Shula's job to figure out how to improve his line's protection between now and a likely Jan. 2 bowl game. Shula said Monday that his 14th-ranked Tide (9-2) would hold a practice Saturday, then likely take a week off before resuming daily practices Dec. 10.

Either way, the bowl game will be one more tough day for his parents to endure.

"Literally, we pray between every play - his mom (Teresa) and I do - and just ask God to be merciful and let him get up," John Croyle said. "When he gets really hammered, his mom just buries her head in my shoulder and screams, `Is he up?' I'll say, `Yes, he's up.' That's our concern: Get up. His whole focus is, you never lay down. That's why he gets up (quickly)."

Brodie, in his role as team captain, has not publicly criticized his offensive line, consistently saying that those players needed to play well and improve their game.

"I've just admired the way he's played in these tough times," John said. "And hopefully he'll get a chance to move on to the next level, which we're hearing he is, and get to play not being handcuffed. Because, Coach Shula inherited a mess. These seniors have really, really shined and proven their mental toughness. It's one thing to be physically tough. It's a totally different animal to be mentally tough."

Still, a chance remains for Croyle and the other seniors to end on a positive note. Alabama expects to receive a Cotton Bowl invitation Sunday - likely to play Texas Tech (9-2) - barring a Georgia victory over LSU in Saturday's SEC Championship Game doesn't make the Dallas-based bowl rethink its position.

Croyle, who suffered knee injuries as a high school senior and college junior, didn't get to play in last year's Music City Bowl loss to Minnesota while recuperating from surgery to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament.

"I'm going to have fun," Croyle said. "This is the first bowl game I'll have played in. I'm going to enjoy it. Bowl games are a reward for all the hard work you did during the season. But we know we've got to handle our business. We're representing our team and the SEC."

Croyle is in better spirits than immediately after the Auburn game. He now looks on the positive side of a 9-2 record that assured the program of at least a three-game improvement over 2004.

"When you sit back and look at it," Croyle said, "we're 9-2. We had everybody talking about a national championship and playing in a Rose Bowl (when the team was 9-0). We lost to the No. 3 team in the country (LSU) in overtime and played one bad quarter against Auburn. If you look past the one quarter, we won the game 18-7.

"But (Auburn) got on us in a hurry and we never recovered. We never rebounded. But we're proud of what we've done. We're proud we got Alabama back in the same breath with some of the prominent teams in the country."

As for the program after he leaves, the senior was realistic.

"We've got a long way to go," he said. "We've got to get more depth. When we do, Alabama's going to be back. We're taking steps."

E-mail: skirk@bhamnews.com

Remember were not Tiderinsiders...

Nice to see he (somewhat) corrected himself. I thought he hit rock bottom.

Man, 2006 is looking good. Alabama is losing so many people on defense. I can't wait to see Tubs waiving 5 fingers in the air.

"Literally, we pray between every play - his mom (Teresa) and I do - and just ask God to be merciful and let him get up," John Croyle said. "When he gets really hammered, his mom just buries her head in my shoulder and screams, `Is he up?' I'll say, `Yes, he's up.' That's our concern: Get up. His whole focus is, you never lay down. That's why he gets up (quickly)."

His parents talk about him like he's an 8th grader who serves as the after-school practice tackling dummy for the high school varsity team. Shouldn't the parents of a "Heisman hopeful" college QB be expecting him to throw for 300 yards and 3 TDs instead of hoping that the next play isn't his last? Not much confidence in your kid if you ask me...

He'll get drafted in a late round. He'll even get to play some when the team's first 2 QB's go down with injuries in consecutive weeks. But the first time an NFL defensive end gets a clear shot at him, he'll be out for good. I wish him the best of luck though.

Sad statement for any self-respecting competitor. Either one of two possibilities is at work here: (1) possible concussion/post-traumatic stress syndrome, or (2) bammie kool-ade is strong.

If I am not mistaken, this moral victory (#25) was probably enough to win them MNC #751 and give Brodie the Heisman for '05. That was a huge accomplishment to win the 3rd and 4th quarters. Congrats to Brodie and I hope you find room on the shelf for that trophy with all the others you have won over the last 4 years.

:big:

It couldn't have been that they played against two of the best defensive lines in CFB the last two weeks could it?

No...the Offensive line was tired of hearing how Brodie was carrying the team and they decided to teach him a lesson.

Or maybe Fulmer got together with Culpepper and the NCAA in an attempt to pay the OL off.

Or the coaches had to fulfill a recruiting promise by playing Brodie instead of the next Heisman Trophy winner James Earl Jones in those games.

:roflol:

Archived