I don't see how 'Bama fans can call Tubs classless

Auburn Seer

I don't think Rammer Jammer is "classless." It's a cheer. It's meant to be smack talk, intimidating and so on. Lately it hasn't been so intimidating, but still. As long as they don't piss and moan when we or others dish it back to them, I'm fine with it. This is football, not hopscotch or paper dolls.

By the same token, CTT holding up four fingers was fine with me. I didn't think a thing about it until some of the bammies started crying like little girls about it. Then I realized that it not only didn't bother me, I now LOVED it. If it makes those weenies at bammerrag upset, it's probably a good thing.

I think people are way too oversensitive these days. You don't like him holding up four fingers? Stop whining about it and make it so that next year he isn't raising five.

I agree with Titan Tiger. Both Rammer Jammer and CTT's four finger salute have been criticized way too much. Lighten up people. And like Titan Tiger says, the Bama fans don't like it, then there is one sure way for them to make it stop. I personally hope that Tub has to use two hands, then start taking off shoes to keep up with consecutive :au: wins over :ua:

I don't think Rammer Jammer is "classless."  It's a cheer.  It's meant to be smack talk, intimidating and so on.  Lately it hasn't been so intimidating, but still.  As long as they don't piss and moan when we or others dish it back to them, I'm fine with it.  This is football, not hopscotch or paper dolls.

By the same token, CTT holding up four fingers was fine with me.  I didn't think a thing about it until some of the bammies started crying like little girls about it.  Then I realized that it not only didn't bother me, I now LOVED it.  If it makes those weenies at bammerrag upset, it's probably a good thing.

I think people are way too oversensitive these days.  You don't like him holding up four fingers?  Stop whining about it and make it so that next year he isn't raising five.

202559[/snapback]

what he said... :thumbsup:

Classless???

Coach Tub did not continue to run our full offensive package after the big lead was established and we played lots of backups throughout the fourth quarter...

He was happy with the "W" and not interested in embarassing UA. That sounds pretty classy to me!

I LOVE hearing "wait till next year" and whining from the Bammers. The Tide has turned.

JC

Though I have never really cared for Tubbs. Even before he was at AU. His win... His field.... His party. To the winners go the spoils. I have seen worse. Our last bowl game with a bunch of Yankees comes to mind. :puke:

Think back to the 2001 Iron Bowl. Anyone besides me remember Fran jogging off the field doing the "raising the roof" gesture? They were fine with that behavior then. As a matter of fact, I seem to recall them saying something along the lines of "if Auburn had won the game, he wouldn't have done it". Hypocrisy, thy name is bama.

Get ready for 5 fingers next year, mullets.

what's wrong with rammer jammer? I have never understood why people think that's so bad.

202578[/snapback]

What's wrong with it? I will paraphrase Coach Carter (from the movie of the same name): "

Are you crazy?  What is wrong with you?  What's wrong with all of you?  Since when is winning not enough?  Playing hard not enough?  No, you have to humiliate your opponent.  Taunt him after every win.  ... What gives you the right

to taint the game that I love with that trash talk & taunting song, rammer jammer?  What gives you the right to wear 'BAM-MUH' on your chests and act like punks?  You can't show some class?  Act like a champion? 

That's what's wrong with it. It demonstrates a complete lack of class -- doubly so if the victory is very close or miracle like (refer to uat playing it after their 14-13 win against lowly Iowa St in the 2001 Indy Bowl where ISU took uat to the wall and missed a chipshot FG in the closing seconds of the game to lose. Yep, the uat faithful had a grand time yelling at the ISU fans, WE jUST BEAT THE HELL OUT OF YOU!) The song personifies a low-class, punk-azz mindset. The bammies could sing anything they want to after a victory, ... ... and rammer jammer is their overwhelming song of choice. Why am I not surprised at that?

Surely they've heard Rammer Jammer before.

202546[/snapback]

Last time I heard it was in Jordan Hare....from the AU band. So you tell me...was that classless?

202546[/snapback]

Last time I heard it was in Jordan Hare....from the AU band. ...

202643[/snapback]

Darn tootin' you did!!!!

Man, your avatar is getting old. Whats it been...like...I don't know....FOUR YEARS since those Bama players could celebrate an Iron Bowl WIN!!!

Sorry, I had to.

I betcha you LOVED it when Fran ran off the field with his raise the roof routine that year. Didn't ya...

202546[/snapback]

Last time I heard it was in Jordan Hare....from the AU band. So you tell me...was that classless?

202643[/snapback]

Hey BG, is that Les Miles peering into the future in your sig pic? He seems to be holding up five fingers...

I agree with Titan Tiger.  Both Rammer Jammer and CTT's four finger salute have been criticized way too much.  Lighten up people.  And like Titan Tiger says, the Bama fans don't like it, then there is one sure way for them to make it stop.  I personally hope that Tub has to use two hands, then start taking off shoes to keep up with  consecutive :au:   wins over  :ua:

202561[/snapback]

It was not the 4 finger salute that Coach Tubberville did that offended the Bama fans. This is something that inspires his fans, and hopefully it's locker room information for us to use next year. This I feel this is just good natured rivalry.

It was the obscene hand gesture that he did in front of the Bama fans that offended us. This is one thing for a fan to do, but for the head coach of a large university to do something like this, there is no other word for it except classless.

I was not sure that I saw what I thought I did when he did this. I turned to an Auburn fan that lowered his head and said, "I can't believe he did that".

You talk about what Fran did with his hands raised, even though I thought he looked silly, I did not feel it was an insult to the Auburn fans in the stands. The hand gesture that coach Tubberville did was known by all that were sitting there, Auburn and Bama fans alike as a definite insult.

It was not the 4 finger salute that Coach Tubberville did that offended the Bama fans. This is something that inspires his fans, and hopefully it's locker room information for us to use next year.  This I feel this is just good natured rivalry.

It was the obscene hand gesture that he did in front of the Bama fans that offended us.  This is one thing for a fan to do, but for the head coach of a large university to do something like this, there is no other word for it except classless.

I was not sure that I saw what I thought I did when he did this.  I turned to an Auburn fan that lowered his head and said, "I can't believe he did that". 

You talk about what Fran did with his hands raised, even though I thought he looked silly, I did not feel it was an insult to the Auburn fans in the stands.  The hand gesture that coach Tubberville did was known by all that were sitting there, Auburn and Bama fans alike as a definite insult.

202680[/snapback]

I've heard nothing but ranting about the infamous 4 fingers. This is the first I'm hearing of any "obscene" gesture he made, much less one made toward the Bama fans. I've seen footage of his after game celebrations and saw him pump his fist and thrust the 4 fingers in the air...in front of the Auburn fans/student section, but nothing in front of the Bama crowd. What are you talking about?

Guest Tigrinum Major

It was the obscene hand gesture that he did in front of the Bama fans that offended us.  This is one thing for a fan to do, but for the head coach of a large university to do something like this, there is no other word for it except classless.

I was not sure that I saw what I thought I did when he did this.  I turned to an Auburn fan that lowered his head and said, "I can't believe he did that". 

202680[/snapback]

Whoa, whoa, whoa! You better have something to substaniate this accusation besides an eye witness report from yourself or it goes to the trash. You have a chance to make this right.

This is the first I have heard about this and you need to back it up with something besides "I know what I saw."

The Bama section is on the opposite end of the stadium from where celebrations usually take place. I admit that I did not stay long after the game (couldn't wait to get to Toomer's) so he could have made the trip around the stadium.

Don't spout off making accusations that you can't back up. The only reason I am letting this stay for now is because you usually aren't a trouble maker. Back it up or this little exchange gets edited/deleted.

It was not the 4 finger salute that Coach Tubberville did that offended the Bama fans. This is something that inspires his fans, and hopefully it's locker room information for us to use next year.  This I feel this is just good natured rivalry.

You talk about what Fran did with his hands raised, even though I thought he looked silly, I did not feel it was an insult to the Auburn fans in the stands.  The hand gesture that coach Tubberville did was known by all that were sitting there, Auburn and Bama fans alike as a definite insult.

202680[/snapback]

Now this is the first I've heard about this, not even the cry babies at Bama Mag has said anything like this. Please explain what exactly you are talking about with proof, or this needs to be deleted. I call BS.

ALSO its only ONE B!!!! If you're gonna start rumors about the man at least spell his name right.

I agree with Titan Tiger.  Both Rammer Jammer and CTT's four finger salute have been criticized way too much.  Lighten up people.  And like Titan Tiger says, the Bama fans don't like it, then there is one sure way for them to make it stop.  I personally hope that Tub has to use two hands, then start taking off shoes to keep up with  consecutive :au:   wins over  :ua:

202561[/snapback]

It was not the 4 finger salute that Coach Tubberville did that offended the Bama fans. This is something that inspires his fans, and hopefully it's locker room information for us to use next year. This I feel this is just good natured rivalry.

It was the obscene hand gesture that he did in front of the Bama fans that offended us. This is one thing for a fan to do, but for the head coach of a large university to do something like this, there is no other word for it except classless.

I was not sure that I saw what I thought I did when he did this. I turned to an Auburn fan that lowered his head and said, "I can't believe he did that".

You talk about what Fran did with his hands raised, even though I thought he looked silly, I did not feel it was an insult to the Auburn fans in the stands. The hand gesture that coach Tubberville did was known by all that were sitting there, Auburn and Bama fans alike as a definite insult.

202680[/snapback]

C'mon BMH, you usually have more credibility than this. if this is true, there is a pic of it somewhere and your bama bus would have it all over the place. Until I see proof, I think you were halucinating in your depressed state of mind. If I see proof, I will be the first to criticize Tubs for it. On the other hand, assuming it was true, why is this more offensive that Shula's F-bombs on national TV? :poke:

202680[/snapback]

Let's get this straight, AU beats Bama like a drum and then with hundreds if not thousands of cameras, in addition to the multitude of news media camera men & women following CTT around the field after the game, CTT felt compelled to run down to the Bama visitors section and send them on their way with an "obscene hand gesture". He would have had to run fast to get down there before all crimson fans had left. I have thought, no I have known for years that Bammers were self absorbed, egotistical and myopic, but this takes the case. Mark this up as another unfounded and untrue Bama legend (and there are many).

Just last week a Bammer friend told me that at AU home games, they never announced the Bama scores over the loud speaker. First of all, I know they do. Second of all, everyone in attendance gets a big kick out of hearing who is beating Bama.

202561[/snapback]

You talk about what Fran did with his hands raised, even though I thought he looked silly, I did not feel it was an insult to the Auburn fans in the stands. The

hand gesture that coach Tubberville did was known by all that were sitting there, Auburn and Bama fans alike as a definite insult.

202680[/snapback]

C'mon BMH, you usually have more credibility than this. if this is true, there is a pic of it somewhere and your bama bus would have it all over the place. Until I see proof, I think you were halucinating in your depressed state of mind. If I see proof, I will be the first to criticize Tubs for it. On the other hand, assuming it was true, why is this more offensive that Shula's F-bombs on national TV? :poke:

202696[/snapback]

Believe me, if I had proof other than my word, I would have posted it. I wasn't even going to say anything, because you guys know I have never come on a board and insulted any coach. Well, maybe Fran, but that's entirely different. The only reason I did post was because ya'll were accusing us of getting upset about the 4 finger business, and truly that didn't bother me in the least bit. I could have expected anyone to do that, really kind of funny in a way, but the other was not expected and really shocked me. I promise you that it did happen, and I saw it, and I know other Auburn fans saw it, because they were sitting near the Bama section. An Auburn friend of mine asked me about it when we got back, because he saw it on the B'ham channel news that night. He wanted my opinion, because he knew I would be mad.

It's really not that big of a deal, and I have seen the gesture before, but for a coach to do that was a little much. I was saying before the game that I thought when coach Tubberville went over and shook hands with Prothro it was a very classy thing to do, and then after the game I didn't feel the same way.

I do think it was different than Shula mouthing the fbomb as you call it. Coach Shula was not directing this word at a group of fans, and other coaches do that also, yours included, and I do have a video of that as proof. But hey I don't want to judge a coach on what he does when upset, so just disregard the comment.

But I promise you the other did happen.

And I promise you it did NOT. I stayed until most everyone cleard out of the stadium and CTT went nowhere near the Bama section. I watched Tubby the entire time he ran from the AU student section to the section right in front of me, holding up 4 fingers. I, and 75,000 others were holding up 4 fingers right along with him.

I watched him go into the tunnel and stayed to see if any players came back out of the tunnel, as they have done in the past. This is complete BS.

Guest Tigrinum Major
And I promise you it did NOT.  I stayed until most everyone cleard out of the stadium and CTT went nowhere near the Bama section.  I watched Tubby the entire time he ran from the AU student section to the section right in front of me, holding up 4 fingers.  I, and 75,000 others were holding up 4 fingers right along with him.

I watched him go into the tunnel and stayed to see if any players came back out of the tunnel, as they have done in the past.  This is complete BS.

202774[/snapback]

Ok, the attorney has spoken.

What are our legal remedies, esquire?

Slander? Libel? (I always get those two confused.) Forced to wear an Auburn shirt asking "Who's Your Daddy?" and walk through the (Tommy Tuberville) Quad at the U of A?

I was in the students section the whole game and the ten minutes afterwards of the game, Tuberville never did go to the Bama side of the field, this is a complete made up story by an angry Bama fan, nothing more.

202776[/snapback]

Truly, I am not an angry Bama fan. You beat us, and I really don't think 10 points showed the true win. You won, you have a great team, and I admit that. I have no reason to keep on with this, and I promise I won't. I just wanted to let you know that it was not only the 4 fingers that happened. I swear that if I had a picture I would send it to you. I also know that it happened, and as I said I was told by an advid Auburn fan that it was shown on the news that night. I did not see that, because I was not at home that night. I just called him to double check with him that he had seen on TV what I saw in person. He told me that it was on Fox on their Iron bowl special after the game that night. He even commented that it had not been shown again. Maybe someone knows someone at Fox that they can ask. I don't know anyone there. I am not lying, I promise, and if I ever get physical proof I will share this with you. I shouldn't have posted without this, but I was a little miffed that ya'll thought we were classless to be upset over the 4 fingers.

Archived