Wisconsin vs Auburn

DKW 86

Wow: I now understand why Wisconsin fans are said to not want to play us.

NCAA Scoring Offense:

13 Wisconsin 35.17

16 Auburn 34.18

NCAA Total Offense:

53 Wisconsin

27 Auburn

NCAA Total Rushing Offense:

41 Wisconsin

20 Auburn

NCAA Total Passing Offense:

56 Wisconsin

53 Auburn

NCAA Scoring Defense:

56 Wisconsin 24.9 :blink:

6 Auburn 14.7ppg :big:

NCAA Total Defense:

101 Wisconsin

10 Auburn

NCAA Total Rushing Defense:

85 Wisconsin

16 Auburn

NCAA Total Passing Defense:

98 Wisconsin

26 Auburn

They have had some shootouts this year. That back they got is a stud though, can't think of his name. Think Northwestern and Bowling Green (know for sure on this one) games were up in the 40's and no OT was included.

I thought they were decent last year. QB wasn't terrible but wasn't great.

They had that Erasmius James guy (spelled wrong) who we completely shut down.

AU would win easily

is it a given that we're playing wisconsin? or is this still speculation?

i think we're going to get OSU...oregon to the fiesta, IMO...unless, of course, it's already decided the other way... :)

Please tell me it's speculation we're playing those clowns again. A couple years back when we played them, we had our worst game of the year and it still looked like we were playing a South Carolina caliber team. If Barry Alvarez is going to still be w/ them for the bowl that's something (it would be nice to send the most overrated coach in college football out on his rear), but I think last game was his last one w/ the Badgers, right? It's DEPRESSING to win 22 of the last 24 games and end up in a bowl w/ these Michigan wannabes. I used to go to U of Wis. games as a child and it's just hard for me to take them seriously still. Not that they've earned a lot of respect recently. When you look @ this college's football history, it's like looking @ Tulane's history.

So if we do end up playing Wisky...does everyone think it will be a UGA/AU type shoot out game OR is our defense going to be different enough and faster than they have seen to be able to shut them down??

So if we do end up playing Wisky...does everyone think it will be a UGA/AU type shoot out game OR is our defense going to be different enough and faster than they have seen to be able to shut them down??

202889[/snapback]

AU wins by at least 2 TDs.

NCAA Scoring Offense:

13 Wisconsin 35.17

16 Auburn 34.18

NCAA Total Offense:

53 Wisconsin

27 Auburn

41 Wisconsin

20 Auburn

56 Wisconsin

53 Auburn

NCAA Scoring Defense:

56 Wisconsin 24.9  :blink:

6 Auburn 14.7ppg  :big:

NCAA Total Defense:

101 Wisconsin

10 Auburn

85 Wisconsin

16 Auburn

98 Wisconsin

26 Auburn

202839[/snapback]

Hey David-- you trying to put Stat Tiger outta work?

;)

Im about 95% sure we are going to the Capitol One Bowl

Auburn began taking ticket orders for its bowl game Wednesday with a wide variety of options, but only one real leader.

The Tigers remain on course to play in the Capital One Bowl in Orlando on Jan. 2, most likely against Wisconsin. Just to be on the safe side, however, Auburn said fans could also order tickets to the Fiesta, Cotton, Outback and Peach with the promise of a refund for games not involving the Tigers.

Auburn would like to find its way into the higher-profile Fiesta, the only Bowl Championship Series game of the lot. It's not likely they will make it.

The Tigers have instead been quietly working with their old friends at the Capital One. Auburn promised a good crowd. The Capital One promised interest if the Tigers beat Georgia and/or Alabama.

Auburn delivered on the field, and history suggests it will deliver at the ticket booth, too.

Auburn mobilized its big fan base for the Capital One Bowl following the 2000 and 2003 season.

The Capital One isn't a BCS bowl, but it shouldn't be discounted. It, in fact, gets to pick any SEC team it wants after the conference champion is shipped off to a BCS game. That will put Auburn ahead of the loser of Saturday's conference championship game between LSU and Georgia.

Auburn's late-season run - which included back-to-back wins over then-No. 8 Georgia then-No. 9 Alabama - makes the Tigers one of the hottest teams in the league, if not the country. Auburn officials wanted to showcase the Tigers against No. 6 Ohio State, but the Buckeyes are in the mix for a BCS bowl. That leaves Auburn, with its highest ranking of the year at No. 9, with a likely game against No. 21 Wisconsin, who the Tigers beat in the Music City Bowl in Nashville two years ago in yet another SEC-Big Ten matchup.

The ranking suggests there is a lot of difference between the two, but their records do not. Auburn is 9-2. Wisconsin is 9-3.

Auburn made overtures to get in its second consecutive BCS game by talking to Fiesta officials, but teams like Notre Dame and Ohio State seem to be ahead.

"Ain't no sense in lobbying to get in that thing. It didn't help last year," Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville has said, reflecting on the Tigers' inability to play in the national championship game last season.

The Tigers proved their worth last season by going 13-0. They've followed it up with another surprising season, making it a natural for a bowl that would like to be in the BCS picture, too.

The early headlines from bowl week, if it in fact is in Orlando, will be that the game will be the last for Wisconsin coach Barry Alvarez (he's retiring) and Auburn's SEC-leading offense will be on display (against the 101st-rated defense in the country). :D

Two other reasons why Auburn fans might want to save their money for these late-season games:

The Tigers are 4-4 in the first two games of the season the last four years.

The Tigers are presently 8-0 in the last two games of the season the last four years.

the one and only link

This why they aren't too keen on playing Auburn again

it's called the Brodie Factor

sorgi1231.jpg

202929[/snapback]

Yes, sadly there won't be any Sorgi Sandwiches this year...maybe a Calhoun Crunch?

Please tell me it's speculation we're playing those clowns again. A couple years back when we played them, we had our worst game of the year and it still looked like we were playing a South Carolina caliber team. If Barry Alvarez is going to still be w/ them for the bowl that's something (it would be nice to send the most overrated coach in college football out on his rear), but I think last game was his last one w/ the Badgers, right? It's DEPRESSING to win 22 of the last 24 games and end up in a bowl w/ these Michigan wannabes. I used to go to U of Wis. games as a child and it's just hard for me to take them seriously still. Not that they've earned a lot of respect recently. When you look @ this college's football history, it's like looking @ Tulane's history.

202881[/snapback]

I'd rather play Wisconsin than ANYONE from the Big East. Imagine if USF had won out and then would be playing LSU/GA in the Sugar? Talk about a crappy matchup - and West Va is not much better. This is NOT the year to be in the Sugar Bowl for any team that hopes to make a splash for a high pre-season ranking next year, which we all know now is CRITICAL to even having a SHOT at the BCS Title. The whole "Cinderella-come-from-behind-all-the-way-to-the-BSCNCG" is CRAP CRAP and CRAP. Sure the out-of-nowhere teams that aren't named Notre Dame may make a nice story, but it's like trying to win a prize at a traveling carnival - "Oh, so close! SO SORRY! Better luck next time" The rings won't fit around the Coke bottle. The balls are a shade too big to get through the target. Close but no cigar.

So, IMO, demolishing one of the better teams in the Big 10 this year will do us more good than kicking the crap out of the "best team in the Big East". That's like saying the "best snow skier in Jamaica" or "the meanest soldier in the French Army." :lol:

202881[/snapback]

I'd rather play Wisconsin than ANYONE from the Big East. Imagine if USF had won out and then would be playing LSU/GA in the Sugar? Talk about a crappy matchup - and West Va is not much better. This is NOT the year to be in the Sugar Bowl for any team that hopes to make a splash for a high pre-season ranking next year, which we all know now is CRITICAL to even having a SHOT at the BCS Title. The whole "Cinderella-come-from-behind-all-the-way-to-the-BSCNCG" is CRAP CRAP and CRAP. Sure the out-of-nowhere teams that aren't named Notre Dame may make a nice story, but it's like trying to win a prize at a traveling carnival - "Oh, so close! SO SORRY! Better luck next time" The rings won't fit around the Coke bottle. The balls are a shade too big to get through the target. Close but no cigar.

So, IMO, demolishing one of the better teams in the Big 10 this year will do us more good than kicking the crap out of the "best team in the Big East". That's like saying the "best snow skier in Jamaica" or "the meanest soldier in the French Army." :lol:

202981[/snapback]

Well, I would like to play ND or OSU, but WI is a good team. When we played them in Nashville, it seems to me that the game was close or tied in the late 3rd or early 4th quarter. We got a couple of "quickies" to put it out of reach in the 4th.

Their fans were great and didn't mind us winning. They were all sticking their tongues to the metal railing and marveling at how they didn't stick! :roflol:

They have a good team and good fans. It won't be a bad game.

NCAA Scoring Offense:

13 Wisconsin 35.17

16 Auburn 34.18

NCAA Total Offense:

53 Wisconsin

27 Auburn

41 Wisconsin

20 Auburn

56 Wisconsin

53 Auburn

NCAA Scoring Defense:

56 Wisconsin 24.9  :blink:

6 Auburn 14.7ppg  :big:

NCAA Total Defense:

101 Wisconsin

10 Auburn

85 Wisconsin

16 Auburn

98 Wisconsin

26 Auburn

202839[/snapback]

Hey David-- you trying to put Stat Tiger outta work?

;)

202894[/snapback]

Noway do I compare to Stat Tiger. I just gleaned this stuff from the NCAA site for prep for the preview column.

"I'd rather play Wisconsin than ANYONE from the Big East. Imagine if USF had won out and then would be playing LSU/GA in the Sugar? Talk about a crappy matchup - and West Va is not much better".

Good point (except I'd rather play West Va. than Wisconsin) but why exactly does the Big Least have an automatic ANYTHING in the BCS w/ their current teams? I think playing the Badgers is about as fulfilling as playing USF. And (I watched the game again today) the only reason our last bowl against Wisc. was close was we played about our worst game of the year...and incidentally we still won. Also, as if our media relations aren't bad enough, Barry Alvarez is only behind Bobby Bowden among college football media darling coaches. This will be a replay of the Bama game where Auburn is the topic of the announcers' conversation only rarely during the game. My point is we should be playing more prestigious teams w/ our record (especially against top 10 teams) the last 2 years. We ALWAYS are a big draw to bowl games too. Au vs. Wis. is a no-win situation for AU. A perfect opponent this year in a bowl game for us would be the Univ. of Miami.

Archived