Just Announced on Finebaum

Guest Tigrinum Major

Guest Tigrinum Major

Just announced on Finebaum, there is a press release out of Auburn that Stanley McClover will forego his senior season and declare himself eligible for the NFL Draft this spring.

Good luck to Stanley as he embarks on this part of his life.

Honk one more time before you leave town.

Good Luck...God Bless...WAR EAGLE ! ! ! :au::cheer:

Geez, McClover. Bad idea.... He not only needs more polish, but he needs to prove more, after being injured most of the year and all....

I hope this turns out well for him. Good luck, Stanley!

If he has a good combine, he'll get drafted. If not... we'll maybe Robert Johnson can be his roommate!

Good luck Stanley, thanks for choosing the Tigers!

Ok Deantwan Whitehead, DE, West End HS (Birmingham, AL)  There is room for you to come in and be play early!!!

:big:   :au:   :au:   :au:

209006[/snapback]

B I N G O ! ! ! ;):au::cheer:

If he wants to get all the money out of the NFL he made a bad decison but i think he knows where hes going to get drafted more than we do. Sounds like to me he is satisfied with the money soo best of luck to him. :au:

Does this really help us with Whitehead and would he really be able to get PT next year?

I think it is a big mistake and he could have improved his stock dramatically with a good year at Auburn, but he came and played for us and I appreciate it. Good luck Stanley!

yes and no, he was a partial qualifier. so he's only been eligible to play the last two years. he would have to graduate at the end of his fourth year in school (third year playing) in order to get his fourth year of eligibility. so technically he was a sophomore i think, but he's been out of high school for three years which is the nfl rule.

I hope he does well in the NFL. Hate to see him go but our run defense might improve without him pass rushing every play. Groves and Gunn are both solid ends with experience so there shouldn't be much of a dropoff.

What an ***EDIT***... as high as the 6th round. What a ***EDIT***. A part of me hopes he fails like Robert Johnson. Everyone can wish him good luck all they want, but the fact is: he is leaving his team. Basically all along, it means he was playing for himself and not the team. When you are part of a team, you stick with it as far as you can. He is leaving that when his team could use him. I don't like it when anyone leaves. And if he gets drafted... how many players that get drafted that late actually make it big? How many will get cut?

***EDIT: Voice your opinion, but let's keep the namecalling to a minimum, shall we?***

What an ***EDIT***... as high as the 6th round. What a ***EDIT***. A part of me hopes he fails like Robert Johnson. Everyone can wish him good luck all they want, but the fact is: he is leaving his team. Basically all along, it means he was playing for himself and not the team. When you are part of a team, you stick with it as far as you can. He is leaving that when his team could use him. I don't like it when anyone leaves. And if he gets drafted... how many players that get drafted that late actually make it big? How many will get cut?

***EDIT:  Voice your opinion, but let's keep the namecalling to a minimum, shall we?***

209066[/snapback]

Geez man, I think Auburn football will continue without Stanley McClover. yeah, he may be messing up or he could be making the best decision of his life. Like I said it's going to depend largely on his combine performance. He's still an Auburn man and we should support him as such.

I was hoping that the lessons of Carnell, Ronnie,& Carlos would stick with these guys for a few years at least. I sincerely hope he isn't going to be our next Robert Johnson. However, he knows what is best for him and I wish him the best.

Tubby has made a living the past few years on keeping guys around. I don't think anyone has hurt themselves by staying the extra year. I honestly look at it as if the school puts you on a scholarship then you should have a contract to at least complete your Senior year. I understand leaving if you have been redshirted or graduate early but the school allowed you to recieve a paid education that most people can't afford anyway at a large University. Maybe they need to insert a penalty for early departures to pay a portion of the tuition back. I recall Gibbs and TT saying that McColver wasn't an every down kinda guy. I thought he needed to prove he could stay healthy for a season and be that every down player before leaving. I wish him luck and hope he made the right choice.

I personally think he needs another year. One that would make him at least a second rounder. But he knows what he has and what he needs in life.

Thanks for a nice season. And give Brodie another one before you leave the state....... :lol:

We have what it takes to replace him, and it opens the door for a great recruit to fill the gap.

He should stay he probally wont get drafted on the first day probally 5th or 6th round and even then you have to fight to make the special teams or hope to be on the squad team or scout team, He must be getting some bad advice from some agent who has no idea whats going on.... I can see Reggie Bush....Vince Young they are going to be top 5 pick but to not be a first rounder it just not smart!

a great % of people on this board believe his decision is wrong and he is making a mistake. are we that selfish? don't you think he has weighed his options before making this lifetime time decision? i would be inclinided to think he has talked with the coaches, former players, current players and his family. plus, his nfl evaluations must of greatly weighed on his decision.

i don't know his (or his families) financial stability or how well of a student he is, but i would think those two factors played a significant roll. sure he may improve his draft status but don't you think he might have a worse year next year. what about an injury, one that his serious enough to end his career. i know there are alot of what if's but i'm taking another view of his decision.

it is his life and to him, he is making the right decision.

to pcchamp, i don't know any stats but greene was drafted in the 5th round and look at the career he had in the nfl. multiple pro bowl selections. on the flip side how many early rounders were busts in the nfl. ryan leif?

i wish him the best and i hope the heck he has a chance to sack the manning brothers.

Tubby has made a living the past few years on keeping guys around.  I don't think anyone has hurt themselves by staying the extra year.  I honestly look at it as if the school puts you on a scholarship then you should have a contract to at least complete your Senior year.  I understand leaving if you have been redshirted or graduate early but the school allowed you to recieve a paid education that most people can't afford anyway at a large University.  Maybe they need to insert a penalty for early departures to pay a portion of the tuition back. 

209099[/snapback]

First let me say that I am happy for him if that is what he wants/needs to do. I wish he would come back but those are all for selfish reasons so I won't even go there......

This hogwash stated above is just that in my opinion. The University has the right to pull their scholarship at any point it wants to. (ie. CTT when he came in, and Steve Spurrier this past year) With this being the case than I see no difference when the shoe is on the other foot.

I was hoping that the lessons of Carnell, Ronnie,& Carlos would stick with these guys for a few years at least. I sincerely hope he isn't going to be our next Robert Johnson. However, he knows what is best for him and I wish him the best.

209087[/snapback]

It also worked out well for K. Dansby and D. Thomas.

Tubby has made a living the past few years on keeping guys around.  I don't think anyone has hurt themselves by staying the extra year.  I honestly look at it as if the school puts you on a scholarship then you should have a contract to at least complete your Senior year.  I understand leaving if you have been redshirted or graduate early but the school allowed you to recieve a paid education that most people can't afford anyway at a large University.  Maybe they need to insert a penalty for early departures to pay a portion of the tuition back.  

209099[/snapback]

First let me say that I am happy for him if that is what he wants/needs to do. I wish he would come back but those are all for selfish reasons so I won't even go there......

This hogwash stated above is just that in my opinion. The University has the right to pull their scholarship at any point it wants to. (ie. CTT when he came in, and Steve Spurrier this past year) With this being the case than I see no difference when the shoe is on the other foot.

209170[/snapback]

That is your opinion but when I look at a college education cost today we are talking about very large sums of money that most will never be able to afford at a major University. I understand the University can pull the scholarships but this is normally done when academics or behavior are not up to par. Every kid has to choose if leaving early is right for them depending on what needs they have. I am not saying this because of being selfish or hate to lose a great player. Many players leave school and never turn out and never have a degree to fallback on so what are we teaching them. I just think that if I am going to give you 30K a year to go to school and play football then you should honor the chance the school has given you. But I also think the school makes a ton of money off all the sports and they could do more to help the athletes have money during the year since they can't go out and work a normal job.

Archived