Police Raid Neverland Ranch

Jenny AU-92

Man, after all the open talk in interviews and the bizarre behavior and the settled lawsuits, what was it gonna take for Michael Jackson to be labeled the pedophile he really is? Raping a 9 year old boy on live T.V.???

Got this off Drudge.

Police Search Michael Jackson's California Ranch

Tue November 18, 2003 01:39 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Police swarmed over pop superstar Michael Jackson's opulent Neverland Ranch, near Santa Barbara in central California, on Tuesday as part of an unspecified criminal investigation, police said.

A Santa Barbara Sheriff's spokesman said sheriff's deputies and officials from the District Attorney's office went to the sprawling ranch at 8.30 a.m. PST to "serve a search warrant as part of an ongoing criminal investigation."

The search was still going on two hours later.

Police did not specify the nature of the investigation, but cable channel Court TV said it stemmed from allegations of sexual abuse brought by a 12-year-old boy against the self-styled King of Pop.

A spokesman for Jackson was not immediately available for comment and Jackson's whereabouts were not immediately clear.

The allegations come nine years after a 14-year-old reached an out-of-court agreement to settle a lawsuit accusing the singer of molesting him in 1992. No criminal charges were ever brought in that case.

Tuesday's search warrant follows a tumultuous year for Jackson, whose talents as an entertainer have been eclipsed by his often bizarre behavior both before the cameras and away from them.

In November last year, the former child-star stunned fans in Berlin by dangling his barefoot baby from a hotel window.

Then in February, he revealed in a British television documentary that he shared his Neverland bedroom with young boys and made his children wear masks in public.

The frank revelations sparked calls for an investigation by California child welfare authorities at the Neverland ranch, where Jackson has built theme-park style rides, a zoo and a mini railroad track which he throws open to local children.

In June, Jackson settled a $12 million breach of contract lawsuit by his former top adviser, avoiding a trial that threatened to spill details of his financial empire and personal life into open court.

You know, this was definately coming.

Not to sound like a MJ supporter or making excuses, b/c there is NO excuses for abusing a child. But it seems to be like this is a pattern. It has been thought that he was sexually abused as a child, and we know he was physically abused as a child. During some of those interviews that were aired last winter, he seemed mentally ill. Like he seriously had no clue the line between fantasy and realty. I mean come on, his idol is Peter Pan. I think this guy is sick and weird, but I feel bad for him b/c he needs serious counseling. I mean he is really mentally ill, but unfortunately his "friends" think he is fine, and just "imaginative." His enemy's want to see him behind bars. I think he should be behind bars as well as receiving serious therapy. This guy needs help.

I agree somewhat - when you have that much money, people will tell you whatever you want to hear, or do whatever keeps your money coming into their pockets, and will ignore the reality of your situation. He is sick - no doubt about it.

But reasons or not, there is no "treatment" for pedophilia other than a .45 round between the eyes. I am not his enemy (could care less what happens to him), but he needs to be behind bars for good. He is a danger not only to himself but also to children. If someone wants to try and counsel him while he is behind bars, go for it. But don't give him treatment in lieu of putting him away so he won't hurt any more kids.

Someone better set part of that money away for future therapy for HIS kids. Man, are they gonna be messed up or WHAT!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, but what I am saying is his only problem is not child molestation. I mean if you listen to him talk he is mentally ill. He has no concept of reality at all. I think he needs psychotherapy to get through this part. I agree that child molesters should be behind bars. In fact, I wish this was a crime that could be punishable by death.

I also agree his children will need major therapy. Money cannot buy happiness or apparently sanity.

I DO agree with you - seriously. I disagree with people that try to make the pedophilia part a "mental disease". That's like saying a rapist has a "social anxiety" disorder that keeps him from forming attachments to women in a normal setting. MJ is a sick, mentally ill individual, with no grasp of reality, and the pedophilia is a symptom of his mental illness. Like you said, doesn't make it any less wrong, but I worry that someone will try to use the mental illness part of it to get him off of the pedophillia charges, and say that after he receives mental treatment, he should be free to roam the streets again.

Hey, you're in DC. Get your boss to make pedophilia a capital offense!! Who could possibly vote against that? :lol:

Hey, you're in DC. Get your boss to make pedophilia a capital offense!! Who could possibly vote against that? :lol:

You have no idea how contraversial that would be!!!! I wish, but it would never happen!

It never ceases to amaze me that at all the public tv and award deals he shows up at he always gets a big round of applause and shrieks. It really makes me wonder just how sick of a damn world we live in.

It never ceases to amaze me that at all the public tv and award deals he shows up at he always gets a big round of applause and shrieks. It really makes me wonder just how sick of a damn world we live in.

SO TRUE!

I would never let ANY of my children near this guy. You have to wonder what the parents are thinking. They too should be prosecuted.

Makes me wonder as well.

This just in: An arrest warrant has been issued for Jackson. I don't think his money will get him off this time. He needs to be kept far away from children for the rest of his life.

This just in: An arrest warrant has been issued for Jackson. I don't think his money will get him off this time. He needs to be kept far away from children for the rest of his life.

Dang,

Donut and I agree on something! :D

I was thinking that last night - how did those kids get in his house without their parents being aware that they were over there? I know that kids do a lot of things that their parents don't know about, but I would imagine that a twelve year old would have a hard time keeping a visit to Neverland Ranch a secret from anyone, much less his parents. Where the heck were they??? Or are they after money too? I don't know if the story has been told yet, but I hope that the kid was only over there once and the parents went straight to the cops when they found out about it - if they condones these visits, then they need to be in a cell with MJ.

I'll bet he flees to Europe to live with Roman Polanski.

Jenny, assuming all charges are true and MJ is a raging pedophile, he's probably also very charming in a strange way and can probably convince the parents that he's harmless. They'd just think the media didn't know the REAL MJ the way they do.

I agree with you, but I have to say that I am really not thinking that they are solely out for money. The only reason is b/c unlike the kid in 1993, he just brought civil charges and the police tried to find reason to charge him criminally although the kid and parents said they didn't want to.

This kid and parents have said they want to go after him criminally, and at this point have no plans to go after him in civil court. So... I think that this might be a real case, however, I ask the same thing... there is no way I would let my kids go hang out at Neverland Ranch, let alone hang out there unsupervised. Unfortunately gone are the days of letting your kids run around the neighborhood and play outside by themselves. Way too many weirdos out there.

Just found this.

Celebrity Justice said the therapist felt compelled to report the information to authorities under a California law requiring health care professionals who "know or reasonably suspect" child abuse to disclose such suspicions.

Now granted, Celebrity Justice is hardly CNN, but if this is true this might bring a whole new spin on to how these allegations got started. Jackson is starting to sink deeper.

Here's the link:

http://news.myway.com/top/article/id/91097...11|reuters.html

Just read this on Yahoo - too funny!!!

In a statement issued on Tuesday, Jackson denounced the media coverage of the raid and noted that "dreadful allegations" always seem to surface "just as another project, an album, a video is being released." Jackson's greatest hits album, "Number Ones," came out on Tuesday.

The district attorney said the investigation had been under way for some time, and he ridiculed any connection to the CD's release: "Like the sheriff and I are really into that kind of music."  :P   :D

It also says that the same lawyer that is representing Scott Peterson will be representing Michael Jackson. :roll:

It also says that the same lawyer that is representing Scott Peterson will be representing Michael Jackson. :roll:

That guy may have a self esteem problem soon!!!

Archived