afc championship

iam4LSU08

i think the steelers will beat denver becuz they have a powerful running attack with bettis and parker and roethlisberger throwing the football and a great defense and are very well coached with cowher. however, shanahan is a good coach and the game is at denver. i just think the steelers are one of the premier favorites to win the super bowl now.

i think the steelers will beat denver becuz they have a powerful running attack with bettis and parker and roethlisberger throwing the football and a great defense and are very well coached with cowher.  however, shanahan is a good coach and the game is at denver.  i just think the steelers are one of the premier favorites to win the super bowl now.

211601[/snapback]

The Broncos have never lost a playoff game at the new Mile High. (Of course, last night was their first home playoff game since the Elway Super Bowls). Both the Steelers and Broncos moved into new stadiums in the 2001 season, but the edge has to go to the Broncos. Invesco Field is one good looking piece of structural engineering - the sinuous curves of steel, the subtle attention to detail - obviously the work of an Auburn man! :big:

I'm going to be torn between the Broncos and the Steelers. I like the Broncos but one of my best friends and work associate happens to be a guy named John Stallworth.

i think the steelers will beat denver becuz they have a powerful running attack with bettis and parker and roethlisberger throwing the football and a great defense and are very well coached with cowher. however, shanahan is a good coach and the game is at denver. i just think the steelers are one of the premier favorites to win the super bowl now.

Roethlisberger will be key. The strength of Denver's D is their front 7. As a group their LBs are one of the best units in football. Shanahan had better be on his toes because Troy Palomalo will be head hunting on those naked boots that Denver loves.

I want to see Carolina vs. Pittsburgh!

Roethlisberger will be key. The strength of Denver's D is their front 7. As a group their LBs are one of the best units in football. Shanahan had better be on his toes because Troy Palomalo will be head hunting on those naked boots that Denver loves.

I want to see Carolina vs. Pittsburgh!

211684[/snapback]

me too....and Carolina win it all... :)

as long as Shanahan finishes the season with a LOSS just like Manning did today....I'm thrilled....

Steelers are a team of destiny. First #6 seed to make the AFC Champ game, first wild card since the 70's Raiders to win the SB. No one gave them a chance against the Colts and this week sounds the same against Denver. But that's OK, just keep thinking PItt will be a easy win. The Broncos will be sitting at home using their remotes to watch the SB just like Peyton and his ponys... Steelers finally get one for the thumb!! GO BLACK AND GOLD!!!!

My beloved STEELERS will once again prove the odds makers wrong and meet the Carolina Panthers in Detroit. GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, at least Pittsburgh has Kendal Simmons on the team. Any Auburn guys on the Broncos???????

I've been a diehard Steelers fan all of my life. I grew up loving Auburn Football first and Steelers football second. I know it will be tough for them to go into Denver and win but I think they can do it. I know they are the 6 seed but they may be the best 6 seed ever. They were the #1 seed last year and returned a lot of the same guys. When Roethlisberger went down after the Chargers game they fell on some hard times but they are peaking right now. I'm predicting Pittsburgh in a close one. FEAR THE THUMB '74, 75, 78, 79, and 2005?

i gotta break the game down like this:

cowher (sgt. slaughter... solid coach, loses big games) vs. shannie (way too tan and way overrated, solid coach) - Draw

roethlisberger (young stud, not asked to do much, tough like his coach) vs. plummer (crazy a-hole qb that can look like an mvp or a joke... like a bad version of brett favre with a sweeter moustache) - Steelers in a close one

the rest of the offense (jbus, fast willie parker, hines ward, and heath miller) vs. the others (mike anderson, bell, the ageless rod smith, and lelie) - Steelers, espcially in bad weather

steelers defense (biggest stud is polamalu) vs. broncos defense (incredibly physical front seven with the best corner in football) - slight edge to Denver

add in the homefield... the line should be denver -2 or 3... i'll take the steelers by a field goal.

Archived