Pollack and Greene...

AUHansel

So I was at a mall near Atlanta and I went in one of those sports memorabilia stores and saw this picture on the wall...anyways i just had to take a picture of it. It's on my cell phone so not great quality. I really hope that no one would actually buy this. But maybe SouthLink might be interested.

00078408.jpg

and If you're wondering how much it is going for

00078409.jpg

What is exactly wrong with that?

One won more games than anyone else in College Football history while the other was a 3-Time All-American. Just a picture of them with the field in the background. Nothing jaw-dropping about it.

Auburn has Bo Jackson pictures that I have seen....is there something wrong with that?

I just think that it's funny that someone would make that and maybe someone would even buy it. It's one thing to have a print of a big play in a teams history or a great player, but this is a little different. The media made there friendship too big of a deal. No one really cared that they played together when they were kids but thats all we heard about when UGA was playing. If you ever heard about one, the other was mentioned. Now we can all commerate this great relationship. I just think its funny.

I just think that it's funny that someone would make that and maybe someone would even buy it. It's one thing to have a print of a big play in a teams history or a great player, but this is a little different.

Why? It has their names and them playing in uniforms. I don't see the difference between that and going to EBay and seeing Bo Jackson running over people with the AU uniform and his name.

The media made there friendship too big of a deal.

I would agree they said that too many times. Yet the biggest reason for the "friendship" thing is the Internet, imo. The homo comments kind of made me chuckle at first but good grief....years later people still say it and I kind of lean back and want to ask the person how old they are or if they are that homophobic.

I will tell you what I tell my LSU friends who during the SECCG joked that Greene/Pollack were not being mentioned

MOVE ON. If you are tired of seeing/hearing about them, don't bring it up and it won't be mentioned again. Really is that simple.

Just looking at the picture.. they could have done a better job at seperating the two. Not a joke, seriously it looks tacky. I get the effect that they tried to use, but couldn't they do like the Carnell/Ronnie photo where they aren't smushed together?

Not to defame the players in anyway.. David Greene was amazing and so was Pollack for that matter. Just looking at it from a viewer's point of view.

Notice how you can't see their hands in the bottom there when they are snuggled up together.  :lol:

Sorry slink, couldn't resist.

212230[/snapback]

And look at that arrogant Greene...he has the nerve to SMILE in that picture! How dare he!

:big:

To this day, 88....I still talk about that argument we had to people I know...TO THIS DAY! :P

The gay rumors were just a big misunderstanding - seems Munson was calling their spring game one year and made the initially inocuous call "And now Pollack has Greene in the sack, and he goes down!" - it was all downhill from there..........

If the $149 print is a bit much, I understand that they have a nice little musicbox for $99 that has the Davids frolicking in a flowery meadow with Uga to the theme song from "Little House on the Prairie"

By the way, in UGA's spring game, which side does Munson refer to as "we"? :P

If you took out the Dirk Diggler head shots the picture would be fine.

I checked all the Auburn paintings I have. The only unhelmeted people in any of them are coaches.

I do have some photos I've taken on the sideline over the years and some of those are of players without helmets. I've got a couple of my kids posing with various players after games -- no helmets there either.

But a giant photo with two unhelmeted football players standing there cheesily? :no:

Guest Tigrinum Major

Pollack and Greene...together again...starring in...

HOBNAIL BOOT.

A story about two friends that only the NFL draft could separate.

Notice how you can't see their hands in the bottom there when they are snuggled up together.  :lol:

Sorry slink, couldn't resist.

212230[/snapback]

And look at that arrogant Greene...he has the nerve to SMILE in that picture! How dare he!

:big:

To this day, 88....I still talk about that argument we had to people I know...TO THIS DAY! :P

212238[/snapback]

What do you talk about? The definite impossibility of being able to perceive a look of arrogance? :rolleyes:

Nice to see your friends are as easily entertained as you are. :lol:;););)

HOBNAIL BOOT. 

212280[/snapback]

You know what they say, "absence makes the heart grow fonder".

I'd hate to be between the two of them next time they're within touching distance. :lol:

I hate to say this it might get blocked by ti ma but in the pic looks like they are a couple................as in together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

HOBNAIL BOOT. 

212280[/snapback]

Dropback Mountin - the story of the DE and QB who don't mind a little offensive holding after a sack.

HOBNAIL BOOT. 

212280[/snapback]

Dropback Mountin - the story of the DE and QB who don't mind a little offensive holding after a sack.

212616[/snapback]

Classic.

Guest Tigrinum Major

HOBNAIL BOOT. 

212280[/snapback]

212616[/snapback]

Nice hustle.

Archived