Top 70 Greatest Teams

WarTiger

Strong case could be made for that 95 Nebraska being number one, that team was a beast.

And two Auburn teams ahead of Alabama's first listing. More riots in T-town to come :D

Strong case could be made for that 95 Nebraska being number one, that team was a beast.

And two Auburn teams ahead of Alabama's first listing.  More riots in T-town to come  :D

220578[/snapback]

Those dangblasted formulas they use are jealous of alabama's traditions. :roflol:

Here are my damn thoughts ...

If Auburn 2004 is ranked number 22, and USC 2004 is ranked number 26, which one of these two teams was better?

Ok, so that was more of a question than a thought. But I believe everybody who is not a Bama loser or a USC chump will understand where I'm going with this, so, I'll just save myself the typing.

It doesn't matter anyway. Polls and rankings are for asshats like Jeff Sagarin. Let the teams duke it out at the end of each season and there won't be any more controversy. Death to the BCS!

War Damn Eagle!!!!! Screw Bama.

check this part out too...Its in the gray box to the right...

4. The worst national champion season of the last 40 years was ...

Georgia, 1980. Herschel Walker's Dawgs had only four Quality Wins and five Bad Wins.

5. 1993 Auburn ...

Doesn't even deserve to be in the discussion with only two Quality Wins scoring a 15.86.

6. 1983

The wackiest year ever for the formula. Miami beat Nebraska in the Orange Bowl, but the Huskers scored a 24.04 to Miami's 19.69. The Formula's national champion? Auburn at 25.42. Not on the list of 70, but also interesting to note, was Texas scoring 20.92.

not really concerned with no NC discussion in 1993, thats ok. We all know who backed into the MNC that year, and I would take us over that MNC team in 1993 every time.

I never thought of the 1993 team as a great team but a team that played great together. They found a way to win but in the end, they were never tested in the SECCG or a major bowl game. For this reason, I find it difficult to compare the 93 squad to former MNC teams. I will say this about the 93 Tigers, they could have hung with anyone in the country that year.

I saw this a month or so ago when it first came out and can find little fault with its logic or conclusions. I've been carrying a grudge about the '83 season for 22 years now and it is nice to see an independent source who agrees that we were the best team that year and were screwed by the polls.

But the best part of this analysis is that we have TWO teams that are rated above ANY team that Bammer ever had..... by a knowledgable, independent source. That has to pour salt in the Bammers' still open wounds from the last four years!!!

Gee, I really hate to bring up the obvious...but the 1957 team was loaded with GREAT players, went undefeated and won the MNC!!! DUH!

:au::homer:

Hell, I don't care if UGA has the 5 worst NC's to ever play.  :D

As for that list, the 1997 NU team was the greatest team to ever play, imo

220782[/snapback]

SL,

I'm curious, why would you pick the 97 Husker team over the 95 squad?

Can't the uaters simply combine their protest into one major revolt? :lol::lol:

Didn't we finish top the New York Times poll with the '83 team after the Sugar Bowl?

220925[/snapback]

YES! :D

:au::homer:

95 Nebraska = best college team ever. ever. ever.

221056[/snapback]

BG,

They got my vote too. Since 1983, no other MNC team averaged more yards per game ( 556.3 ), yards per play ( 7.16 ) and averaged more pts per game ( 52 ) than the 1995 Huskers. In comparison to the other 27 MNC teams since 1983, NU had the 13th toughest schedule.

Having 2005 Texas as the best team ever is laughable.

221192[/snapback]

They were good no doubt, but UL Lafayette as a quality win :no: , only b/c they finished with a winning record!! What conference do they play in?? That is ridiculous!

That '95 Nebraska team was great.

Archived