Is South Carolina's President meeting with PETA?

SouthLink02

This whole PETA mascot thing is really starting to piss me off!!! Its not like USC has a big cock fight in the middle of the field before each game. its a MASCOT for christ sake!

Its been getting old for a while and is just getting worse and worse!!!

Uh, please tell me he isn't thinking about even talking to these losers...

http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?p=92334#post92334

228264[/snapback]

I hope he meets with them and I offer him this advice when he does:

Meet outside next to a chopping block, wring the chickens' neck, cut the head off, de-feather, roll in flour, and deep fry. Offer them a piece and proceed to tell them he is a member of PETA as well. People Eating Tasty Animals.

That's just me.

I don't know what their (PETA) problem is, the logo looks pretty good to me.

usc2ta.jpg

228289[/snapback]

Their problem is they have had the luxury of never being hungry before. Those are the only people who have a problem with eating animals that I have ever run into.

People, Eat The Animals!

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, He wouldn't have made them out of MEAT."- Homer J. Simpson

This whole PETA mascot thing is really starting to piss me off!!! Its not like USC has a big cock fight in the middle of the field before each game. its a MASCOT for christ sake!

228278[/snapback]

Personally, I think it would be freakin' hilarious if they did have a big cock fight in the middle of the field :D . People need to stop taking everything so seriously and just RELAX!

228278[/snapback]

Personally, I think it would be freakin' hilarious if they did have a big cock fight in the middle of the field :D . People need to stop taking everything so seriously and just RELAX!

228347[/snapback]

whats that old joke? I went to a cockfight and a football game broke out.

I think they should pass the ranch for my chicken wings!

228369[/snapback]

I take blue cheese, now where is my sweet tea with lemon?

I'm not for changing the name either, but just to play devil's advocate...what if a team wanted to be called the greyhound slayers or the kitten killers...it is a little obsurd to have cockfighting as a mascot--it really is an atrocious practice of killing.

just my two cents.

read down a little further. if they do this at usc, here's what's coming next. see auburn. a falcon? tennis rackets? eagles flying just above the spectators' heads? if they have to lie, they need to make up better ones than that.

http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=9878&page=3

Jorgenson cited a list of allegedly mistreated animal mascots at major NCAA member institutions, including:

The University of Texas: Texas’ animal mascot, the longhorn steer commonly known as “Bevo,” makes appearances at Texas Longhorn football games and other events. Bevo is allegedly sedated heavily and forcibly dehydrated prior to football games. “In excessive heat common at field level at football games, this causes a critical risk for the animal’s health.”

The University of Oklahoma: Oklahoma’s white Shetland pony tandem “Boomer” and “Sooner” traditionally lead the “Sooner Schooner” in post-touchdown on-field celebrations at OU’s Memorial Stadium. This breed of pony is allegedly ill-bred for carrying such workloads, especially “at the dangerous rate of speed to which these animals are driven. Several of the ponies have been known to suffer from broken ankles and have had to be euthanized.”

Louisiana State University: For years, LSU has kept a caged tiger on display next to its main basketball arena. “These conditions are cramped and deplorable, unworthy of the most outdated zoological park in the country.” PETA has previously sued LSU to remove the live mascot cage. Auburn University also used to have a similar practice, which it has since discontinued.

United States Naval Academy: Technically known as the Midshipmen, the Naval Academy nevertheless maintains a flock of mascot goats, one of which is often used as the informal mascot “Bill” at various events (the practice dates back to the days when animal livestock was carried aboard naval vessels). “This is easily the ‘most stolen’ mascot in the country. During these episodes the animals are often placed in danger, and several have died. At least one has been intentionally murdered.”

Auburn University: Auburn football’s famous “War Eagle” (actually a falcon through much of the program’s history) performs a traditional flight just above the heads of spectators in the team’s pre-game routine. “Visiting fans have been known to attempt to harm the bird, often throwing debris in its flight path, or attempting to kill the bird with tennis rackets.”

Mississippi State University: The school’s bulldog mascot is allegedly served alcohol prior to football games with co-bulldog SEC rival Georgia. Georgia’s mascot was apparently subjected to the same treatment in the past, but school officials have clamped down on the practice.

The University of Colorado: The handlers of the school’s buffalo mascot “Ralphie” allegedly whip the animal to make it perform pre-game stampedes.

PETA also named its list of “Egregious 18" schools with offensive or demeaning animal imagery, to parallel the NCAA’s list of 18 effected institutions. They are:

Brown University (Bears): “for picturing an animal wearing clothes and walking upright.”

Georgia Tech (Yellow Jackets): “for anthropomorphization.”

Iowa State University (Cyclones): “for picturing an animal wearing clothes and walking upright” (the schools logos feature a red bird).

Oral Roberts University (Golden Eagles): “for picturing an animal wearing clothes and walking upright.”

Princeton University (Tigers): “for picturing an animal wearing clothes and walking upright.”

Texas Christian University (Horned Frogs): “for picturing an animal walking upright.”

UCLA (Bruins): “for picturing an animal wearing clothes.”

University of California - Santa Cruz (Banana Slugs): “for anthropomorphization.”

University of Florida (Gators): “for picturing an animal wearing clothes and walking upright.”

University of Kansas (Jayhawks): “for picturing an animal wearing clothes and walking upright.”

University of Maryland (Terrapins): “for picturing an animal wearing clothes and walking upright.”

University of Minnesota (Golden Gophers: “for picturing an animal wearing clothes and walking upright.”

University of Oregon (Ducks): “for picturing an animal wearing clothes and walking upright.”

University of South Carolina (Gamecocks): “for supporting the inhumane cockfighting industry.”

University of Wisconsin (Badgers): “for picturing an animal wearing clothes and walking upright.”

University of Wyoming (Cowboys): “for supporting the inhumane rodeo industry” (the team’s football helmets pictures a bronching buck).

Yale University (Bulldogs): “for picturing an animal wearing clothes and walking upright.”

Youngstown State University (Penguins): “for picturing an animal wearing clothes and walking upright.”

Ok first I will do my joke then I will berate PETA. I actually thought LSU would get in trouble for having Fightin' Tigers in their nickname. Ok now that that is over....IF YOU LITTLE PUNK LOSERS TRY, EVEN TRY, AND TAKE AWAY THE MOST AWE INSPIRING THING I HAVE EVER WITNESSED IN MY LIFE, THEN I WILL BEAT YOU WITH A TENNIS RACKET!!!

A TENNIS RACKET?!?!!?!?!

ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!

YOU CAN'T SNEAK A MINI BOTTLE OF BURBON IN YOUR SOCK AND YOU ARE TELLING ME THAT WE ARE GOING TO LET GEORGIA OR BUMMA FANS (who don't know how to use tennis rackets for their entended purpose, just to repremand their children) INTO OUR STADIUM WITH THEM FOR NO REASON????? You guys are idiots. If you want I will sit up there and snip these losers if they do "throw trash". I know that everyone on this board loves Tiger and Nova, and to take them away would be the worst thing ever done in college football. They did it in the Olympics, I think if its good for them, its good for us.

And I am spent

228278[/snapback]

And it is for sure no reason to take the Lord our God's name in vain either!! Mods please edit!!!

read down a little further. if they do this at usc, here's what's coming next. see auburn. a falcon? tennis rackets? eagles flying just above the spectators' heads? if they have to lie, they need to make up better ones than that.

http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=9878&page=3

Jorgenson cited a list of allegedly mistreated animal mascots at major NCAA member institutions, including:

The University of Texas: Texas’ animal mascot, the longhorn steer commonly known as “Bevo,” makes appearances at Texas Longhorn football games and other events. Bevo is allegedly sedated heavily and forcibly dehydrated prior to football games. “In excessive heat common at field level at football games, this causes a critical risk for the animal’s health.”

The University of Oklahoma: Oklahoma’s white Shetland pony tandem “Boomer” and “Sooner” traditionally lead the “Sooner Schooner” in post-touchdown on-field celebrations at OU’s Memorial Stadium. This breed of pony is allegedly ill-bred for carrying such workloads, especially “at the dangerous rate of speed to which these animals are driven. Several of the ponies have been known to suffer from broken ankles and have had to be euthanized.”

Louisiana State University: For years, LSU has kept a caged tiger on display next to its main basketball arena. “These conditions are cramped and deplorable, unworthy of the most outdated zoological park in the country.” PETA has previously sued LSU to remove the live mascot cage. Auburn University also used to have a similar practice, which it has since discontinued.

United States Naval Academy: Technically known as the Midshipmen, the Naval Academy nevertheless maintains a flock of mascot goats, one of which is often used as the informal mascot “Bill” at various events (the practice dates back to the days when animal livestock was carried aboard naval vessels). “This is easily the ‘most stolen’ mascot in the country. During these episodes the animals are often placed in danger, and several have died. At least one has been intentionally murdered.”

Auburn University: Auburn football’s famous “War Eagle” (actually a falcon through much of the program’s history) performs a traditional flight just above the heads of spectators in the team’s pre-game routine. “Visiting fans have been known to attempt to harm the bird, often throwing debris in its flight path, or attempting to kill the bird with tennis rackets.”

Mississippi State University: The school’s bulldog mascot is allegedly served alcohol prior to football games with co-bulldog SEC rival Georgia. Georgia’s mascot was apparently subjected to the same treatment in the past, but school officials have clamped down on the practice.

The University of Colorado: The handlers of the school’s buffalo mascot “Ralphie” allegedly whip the animal to make it perform pre-game stampedes.

PETA also named its list of “Egregious 18" schools with offensive or demeaning animal imagery, to parallel the NCAA’s list of 18 effected institutions. They are:

Brown University (Bears): “for picturing an animal wearing clothes and walking upright.”

Georgia Tech (Yellow Jackets): “for anthropomorphization.”

Iowa State University (Cyclones): “for picturing an animal wearing clothes and walking upright” (the schools logos feature a red bird).

Oral Roberts University (Golden Eagles): “for picturing an animal wearing clothes and walking upright.”

Princeton University (Tigers): “for picturing an animal wearing clothes and walking upright.”

Texas Christian University (Horned Frogs): “for picturing an animal walking upright.”

UCLA (Bruins): “for picturing an animal wearing clothes.”

University of California - Santa Cruz (Banana Slugs): “for anthropomorphization.”

University of Florida (Gators): “for picturing an animal wearing clothes and walking upright.”

University of Kansas (Jayhawks): “for picturing an animal wearing clothes and walking upright.”

University of Maryland (Terrapins): “for picturing an animal wearing clothes and walking upright.”

University of Minnesota (Golden Gophers: “for picturing an animal wearing clothes and walking upright.”

University of Oregon (Ducks): “for picturing an animal wearing clothes and walking upright.”

University of South Carolina (Gamecocks): “for supporting the inhumane cockfighting industry.”

University of Wisconsin (Badgers): “for picturing an animal wearing clothes and walking upright.”

University of Wyoming (Cowboys): “for supporting the inhumane rodeo industry” (the team’s football helmets pictures a bronching buck).

Yale University (Bulldogs): “for picturing an animal wearing clothes and walking upright.”

Youngstown State University (Penguins): “for picturing an animal wearing clothes and walking upright.”

228443[/snapback]

They are so wrong about Auburn's "falcons", and where did the tennis rackets come from? What is demeaning to animals that are up right and wearing clothes? Isn't that how Disney made it big? These PETA punks are so freaking pc, it is almost comical but somehow they have sway. I don't understand why people get so bent out of shape when PETA and their pale skinny hordes start foaming at the mouth for the their latest pet cause. Ignore them and they will go away, just like Jesse and Al. Also, PETA is a bunch of hypocrites, they enthunize thousands of healthy animals each year.

So picturing an animal "wearing clothes and walking upright" is bad? Would they prefer pictures of the animal nude and semi-reclined? Also, I am not exactly sure what anthropomorphization is, but I bet it is legal in Massachusetts and openly practiced in parts of Arkansas and Utah!

“for picturing an animal wearing clothes and walking upright.”

Folks, that means that approximately 75% of our paernts and grandparents should be placed in jail immediately.

For that matter, the PETA folks should just set up shop at Do Dah Day...every freakin dog there is wearing clothes and their "masters" all picture them walking upright, or it seems that way to hear them talk to their dogs.

Shovel full of poop to the PETA face!

“for picturing an animal wearing clothes and walking upright.”

So first the NCAA then what? Disney?

228264[/snapback]

If any team in the SEC needs to change their mascot its Ole Miss. I can see where a rebel would be a little misleading.

Im guessing the whole PETA thing is a group for animal rights or something?

228264[/snapback]

If any team in the SEC needs to change their mascot its Ole Miss. I can see where a rebel would be a little misleading.

Im guessing the whole PETA thing is a group for animal rights or something?

228599[/snapback]

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

If you call dressing them up in clothes and trying to make them walk upright ethical. :poke:

So these people with tennis rackets, do they rent a helicoptor or something and dangle from it to take a swing at the eagle?

That has to be the most ridiculas thing I have ever heard.

I do know that some Alabama fans were caught trying to poison it once though, was the late 80's I think. Relative that worked at Auburn told me about it. But incidents of people trying to harm it are very very rare.

So these people with tennis rackets, do they rent a helicoptor or something and dangle from it to take a swing at the eagle?

That has to be the most ridiculas thing I have ever heard.

228717[/snapback]

No, it was Chuck Norris - he plays badminton with live eagles instead of shuttlecocks.........

Archived