Paul Finebaum predicts...

Guest Tigrinum Major

some zealots are boasting will be Alabama's legitimate return to the national championship picture

I especially liked this. Funny he even knows their delusions of granduer!!! And of course he had to throw this in there.

Certainly, the home schedule (with one exception) is favorable with enough cupcakes to make the Guinness Book of World Records.
My my Paul who could you be talking about :au::cheer:

Yea, I agree with that write up. 8-4, 7-5 sounds about right. 9-3 is pushing it a little. I dont think the Tide can go into the Swamp or LSU and win. I think the UT game might be a pretty good one. The Iron Bowl this year should go to AU, but its the Iron Bowl. Thats why we watch college football, you never know whats going to happen.

some zealots are boasting will be Alabama's legitimate return to the national championship picture

I especially liked this. Funny he even knows their delusions of granduer!!! And of course he had to throw this in there.

Certainly, the home schedule (with one exception) is favorable with enough cupcakes to make the Guinness Book of World Records.

228588[/snapback]

Ole Miss

haha, sorry I had to.

AU for sure is the big one at home.

I think he's pretty right on. UAT got lucky, very lucky last year and they lost a lot of keys from that team. They won't have a bad year but won't win 10 games again.

228588[/snapback]

Ah yes, finescum at his finest. Had to throw that one in there to keep the fire stoked. Please ol chrome dome one, show me one piece of evidence to the above statement. Who are all these zealots you speak of? From someone who researches SEC football as much as you and your kneepad clad buddy Shane does. I just don’t see it, but I guess you can go out and find a few rouge posts on a football board to back up your juggernaut of journalism egotistical statement, why not? Might as well consult your professionally equivalent peer base. :rolleyes:

Yea, I agree with that write up. 8-4, 7-5 sounds about right. 9-3 is pushing it a little. I dont think the Tide can go into the Swamp or LSU and win. I think the UT game might be a pretty good one. The Iron Bowl this year should go to AU, but its the Iron Bowl. Thats why we watch college football, you never know whats going to happen.

228589[/snapback]

Just a curiosity thing here, but...

If Shula were to go 8-4 with a loss to Auburn, would he keep his job? 7-5? 6-5 with a win over Auburn? Just curious what a Bama fan thinks...

i'd say an 8-4 record is spot on, but i honestly believe that bama will lose one they shouldn't (either to msu or ole miss), get a win on rocky top (they still don't have a qb), lose to a much improved hog team, and steal one on the road against a much better team (see lsu or florida).

basically, i think he got the number right, but i think this is going to be a much more up and down, rollercoaster type of season that finebaum does. i say expect a decent but not great record and the unexpected b/c there is talent, but it's young and the coach is average.

If Shula were to go 8-4 with a loss to Auburn, would he keep his job?  7-5? 6-5 with a win over Auburn?  Just curious what a Bama fan thinks...

228648[/snapback]

By winning 10 games, even if it was a fluke, he added a couple more seasons, probably at least 2 to his interim status. They aren't gonna give him a raise like that and then promptly fire him.

Guest Tigrinum Major
By winning 10 games, even if it was a fluke, he added a couple more seasons, probably at least 2 to his interim status.  They aren't gonna give him a raise like that and then promptly fire him.

228657[/snapback]

re: Mike Dubose.

228589[/snapback]

If Shula were to go 8-4 with a loss to Auburn, would he keep his job? 7-5? 6-5 with a win over Auburn? Just curious what a Bama fan thinks...

228648[/snapback]

I really dont know, I would say it would be in question. But, he got a contract extention or pay raise or something. So, I doubt we would fire him if he were 8-4 and had a solid bowl game. But you never know.

If Shula were to go 8-4 with a loss to Auburn, would he keep his job?  7-5? 6-5 with a win over Auburn?  Just curious what a Bama fan thinks...

228648[/snapback]

By winning 10 games, even if it was a fluke, he added a couple more seasons, probably at least 2 to his interim status. They aren't gonna give him a raise like that and then promptly fire him.

228657[/snapback]

i tend to agree with that.

8-4 sounds about right but with a redshirt freshman qb with no experience it could get ugly against some teams :big:

Well, 8-4 is probably about right, but it will destroy their recent tradition. The last two times they've had a ten win season, they've followed it up with a losing season. So, given that track record, I'll say 5-7. Here's hoping to keeping tradition alive in turd town. :poke:

Bama might lose to Arkansas or Ole Miss but not both and it is not set in stone. I don't know why anybody would get on either of those teams bandwagons. Just saying they are going to be good because of new talent is a little far fetched. Neither coaching staff has proven they can do anything with talent, Coach O runs them off as quick as they get to Oxford; and Nutt hired a high school coach to run his offense. The Hogs could be a dangerous team but I think that Nutt will mess it up with trying to take over play calling duties mid game. Coach O is a barely functional moron who needs to read a few books on how to run a college football team, the first thing any book would say is that Spurlock was never ever going to be a half decent junior college qb.

Bama might lose to Arkansas or Ole Miss but not both and it is not set in stone. I don't know why anybody would get on either of those teams bandwagons. Just saying they are going to be good because of new talent is a little far fetched. Neither coaching staff has proven they can do anything with talent, Coach O runs them off as quick as they get to Oxford; and Nutt hired a high school coach to run his offense. The Hogs could be a dangerous team but I think that Nutt will mess it up with trying to take over play calling duties mid game. Coach O is a barely functional moron who needs to read a few books on how to run a college football team, the first thing any book would say is that Spurlock was never ever going to be a half decent junior college qb.

228804[/snapback]

Spurlock won't be starting if he is still there?....Brent Shaeffer will be. I will expect them to be improved from last year, with several of skill players back on O. I don't know much about the D, except that LB is going to be back. He was one of the best in the SEC last year, had like 15 tackles against AU. Arky has returners back on both sides of the ball, even with the new OC I think their O is going to be good. Those stable of RBs are good, will depend on if they get a good QB in there, otherwise everybody does like last year and stacks the line. Thier biggest hurdle is improving on D.

Bama could very well lose both of those. I think 7-5 or 8-4 is likely.

UAT is almost assured 6 wins with juggernauts Duke, FIU, ULM, Hawaii, Vandy (post Cutler), Miss State.

I know Duke and Hawaii are D1 but lets face it they would have a hard time competing with most D2 schools. I think UAT picks up one they shouldn’t maybe UT and will drop one they should win. Ole Miss will be the most improved bottom dweller in the SEC IF coach O has just the slightest coaching ability. Arky however I just don’t buy into yet.

Look for UAT to be a solid tied for 4th in the West at years end @ 7-5 with Ole piss.

228804[/snapback]

Spurlock won't be starting if he is still there?....Brent Shaeffer will be. I will expect them to be improved from last year, with several of skill players back on O. I don't know much about the D, except that LB is going to be back. He was one of the best in the SEC last year, had like 15 tackles against AU. Arky has returners back on both sides of the ball, even with the new OC I think their O is going to be good. Those stable of RBs are good, will depend on if they get a good QB in there, otherwise everybody does like last year and stacks the line. Thier biggest hurdle is improving on D.

Bama could very well lose both of those. I think 7-5 or 8-4 is likely.

228810[/snapback]

I know Spurlock isn't starting this year, I'm just still amazed that Coach O thought he was a good qb. Shaeffer isn't that much better, I don't see how everyone thinks he is going to walk in and become a top notch starting qb in the SEC. There is no way that Ole Miss has a worse offense than last year cause that unit last year was god awful. I like Arky's running backs a lot but I think Nutt is the biggest scam artist ever. I don't think any of thier qbs are ready for a 12 game season, not even their big hot shot recruit. Bama might lose to one, probably Arky but not both...even Bama isn't that bad, yet.

After three very weak home games to build false confidence (and get a top 20 ranking), uat gets ****stomped in Arkansas. All the hog qb will have to do is take the snap, turn either right or left, hand the ball off, then trot a few yards downfield to do it again.....

8-4?

Pish. Don't be ridiculous. Bama has the best running backs in the SEC bar none.  :roflol:

228916[/snapback]

I guess you predicted us to win 10 last year right?

i don't buy ole miss b/c i just don't think you can overcome the worst coach in the conference, no matter who is taking snaps (not to mention that shaeffer wasn't that good in tennessee).

i do buy arkansas because those running backs are legit, monk didn't get any shorter, and the defense is back. they're going bowling.

we'll see about ole piss. i think shaeffer was a decent QB but had poor coaching (and i think rotating QB's does nothing but hurt a team as well) so we'll see how he does. i do think coach o bleauxs.

This is a dumb question maybe but did Shaeffer sit out last year? I thought you had to sit out a year if you were transferring within the SEC, or am I wrong.

Archived