AU Football Coaching Salaries

zeebish

This kind of surprised me.  :au: is ranked #1 in the nation.

$4,938,831

Tigers have highest paid staff in nation

OK Tommy, we're ready for our national championship!

Zeebish

232358[/snapback]

Don't forget, just a little over a year ago he got screwed out of an opportunity to play for the national championship. Unfortunately, some things are out of his control no matter how much money he and his staff makes. I think he and his staff deserve it.

Wow, best place to live, best team to coach AND the best salary - those guys have it made ;)

The comment was made that this report didn’t include private universities and certain university systems don’t release contract info (i.e. Notre Dame, Miami, USC).

So the rankings are kind of skewed.

Another skew factor, I just happened to have been looking at the coach’s bios on auburntigers.com yesterday and for the first time ever I noticed they had listed everybody conceivable under the staff listing. The team physician, the orthopedic surgeon, all of the grad assistants, the head trainers, and the team chaplains. Maybe, somebody down there read the article too and wanted to be sure everybody knew just who was on the football staff so they listed everybody, not just coaches or maybe it was just a coincidence.

Depending on the payroll accounting, maybe Auburn just has a larger football staff, paid out of the football budget. I would bet other schools pay parts of staffs out of the AD budget, and assign them to the various athletic teams. I would bet the newspaper reporter who wrote the article didn’t “get into the weeds” on these issues on a 117 school basis.

Archived