Don't believe the Tide has fallen?

GalensGhost

From today's Tuscaloosa News:

Since the 2000-2001 athletic season, the SEC has handed out 109 championships in 18 men’s and women’s sports. (The baseball and track championships for 2006 are pending, and there have been shared championships awarded in some sports.) Alabama has now won three of the 109.

That’s right, three. Those titles are the 2002 men’s basketball championship, the 2003 gymnastics championship and, now, the 2006 softball championship. In the same six-year span, Florida has won 21 SEC titles (in 10 different sports), and Georgia has 20. Arkansas has 16, with most of those coming in track and cross-country. Auburn has 15, including nine in men’s and women’s swimming and diving and three in women’s golf. The only teams with fewer than three are Ole Miss (two in men’s tennis), Mississippi State (the 2004 men’s basketball title) and Vanderbilt (one in women’s golf.)

To recap that's:

1) :uf:

2) :uga:

3) :arky:

4) :au:

9) :ua:

And it's not even close.

If you weren't convinced, Cecil adds more:

Only three of the Tide’s 21 SEC (football) Championships have come in the last 25 years.

Wait, isn't that what we've been saying all along? Oh, right. Probation. I forgot. Twenty-five long years of probation and just four or five more to go, probably.

Link it up

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since the 2000-2001 athletic season, the SEC has handed out 109 championships in 18 men’s and women’s sports. (The baseball and track championships for 2006 are pending, and there have been shared championships awarded in some sports.) Alabama has now won three of the 109.

That’s right, three. Those titles are the 2002 men’s basketball championship, the 2003 gymnastics championship and, now, the 2006 softball championship. In the same six-year span, Florida has won 21 SEC titles (in 10 different sports), and Georgia has 20. Arkansas has 16, with most of those coming in track and cross-country. Auburn has 15, including nine in men’s and women’s swimming and diving and three in women’s golf. The only teams with fewer than three are Ole Miss (two in men’s tennis), Mississippi State (the 2004 men’s basketball title) and Vanderbilt (one in women’s golf.)

To recap that's:

1)  :uf:

2)  :uga:

3)  :arky:

4)  :au:

9)  :ua:

And it's not even close.

If you weren't convinced, Cecil adds more:

Only three of the Tide’s 21 SEC (football) Championships have come in the last 25 years.

Wait, isn't that what we've been saying all along?  Oh, right. Probation. I forgot. Twenty-five long years of probation and just four or five more to go, probably.

Link it up

234361[/snapback]

Suprised that came from T-Town news....

UGA still has several sports we can win them too as well

I think we beat UF for the SEC All-Sports Award, thus knocking UF out of the top spot for the first time

I'm sure there is a way to spin this.... I'm just waiting to hear it.

waiting for the "everybody's just jealous of bammer" retorts...

234475[/snapback]

I am waiting to see who is gonna' mix up the grape koolaid FIRST! :D

The uat solution will probably consist of having Cecil Hurt banned from writing, tarred and feathered, and then run out of town ... you know "to heck with the message ... kill the messenger."

The bottom line is the tide has been OUT since the Bryant era.

waiting for the "everybody's just jealous of bammer" retorts...

234475[/snapback]

I am waiting to see who is gonna' mix up the grape koolaid FIRST! :D

234477[/snapback]

they don't have to mix it TIM, they buy it already made so they can drink it faster :lol:

In that same time span, how many times have the won the 2nd half. Obviously, these numbers are a conspiracy and are misrepresenting tradishun by shady statistical reporting.

A Tuscaloosa reporter saying this about Bama is like someone bringing a Bible to an Al-Qaida meeting

A Tuscaloosa reporter saying this about Bama is like someone bringing a Bible to an Al-Qaida meeting

234504[/snapback]

I lol'ed

Is nothing sacred in T-Town anymore?

In that same time span, how many times have the won the 2nd half.  Obviously, these numbers are a conspiracy and are misrepresenting tradishun by shady statistical reporting.

234502[/snapback]

Well if you are gonna talk about moral victories, championships, and MNCs, heck, they lead the nation... ;)

I'm sure there is a way to spin this....  I'm just waiting to hear it.

234397[/snapback]

< :ua: >Wayle, if y'all take away the swammin' which ain't no real sport, y'all only got...twice as much as us still.

Dang-durn-jibba-jab. </ :ua: >

I'm sure there is a way to spin this.... I'm just waiting to hear it.

234397[/snapback]

Yall know that everybody brangs thar A game to play tha Tahd. That can be the only explanation...oh, and the probation...oh, and the coaching changes brought about by the probation...oh, and the NCAA conspiracy...oh, I forgot the Fulmer thing too.

Everybody knows the tide has fallen...even the UATers know....its their minds that don't want to accept it as the reality it is. Interesting thing to note here, that we have to backtrack and make a correction. We have all been saying lately that UAT is in the middle of the pack in the SEC, well I offer the UATers my appologies for being inaccurate. As this proves, UAT is actually in the LOWER portion of the SEC as an overall athletic program. It appears I (and many others) were giving UAT TOO MUCH credit. My appologies to the UATers for making statements that were untrue.

Wait, isn't that what we've been saying all along?  Oh, right. Probation. I forgot. Twenty-five long years of probation and just four or five more to go, probably.

My count is 4, :au: also has 4 (out of what 6?) in that same time span

but you guys really have a leg up in the swimming and golf departments, we all know how big those sports are anyways :homer:

My count is 4, :au: also has 4 (out of what 6?) in that same time span

but you guys really have a leg up in the swimming and golf departments, we all know how big those sports are anyways :homer:

235238[/snapback]

I don't really care what YOUR count is. I think the sports editor of the Tuscaloosa News, the biggest Alabama homer in the media world, would make sure Bama got credit for anything and everything they could claim.

:blink:

I don't really care what YOUR count is.  I think the sports editor of the Tuscaloosa News, the biggest Alabama homer in the media world, would make sure Bama got credit for anything and everything they could claim.

235242[/snapback]

You guys are funny :big:

1981 - Alabama, Georgia

1982 - Georgia

1983 - Auburn

1984 - No Title -- Florida forfeits title

1985 - Tennessee

1986 - LSU

1987 - Auburn

1988 - Auburn, LSU

1989 - Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee

1990 - Tennessee

1991 - Florida

1992 - Alabama (Arkansas and South Carolina become SEC members. Championship game starts.)

1993 - Florida

1994 - Florida

1995 - Florida

1996 - Florida

1997 - Tennessee

1998 - Tennessee

1999 - Alabama

2000 - Florida

2001 - LSU

2002 - Georgia

2003 - LSU

2004 - Auburn

2005 - Georgia

Everybody knows the tide has fallen...even the UATers know....its their minds that don't want to accept it as the reality it is.    Interesting thing to note here, that we have to backtrack and make a correction.  We have all been saying lately that UAT is in the middle of the pack in the SEC, well I offer the UATers my appologies for being inaccurate.  As this proves, UAT is actually in the LOWER portion of the SEC as an overall athletic program.  It appears I (and many others) were giving UAT TOO MUCH credit.  My appologies to the UATers for making statements that were untrue.

235234[/snapback]

You are correct sir.

This report really doesn't lend any credence to the whole :ua: = :om: arguement.

Keep up the great work Cecil, now we all know that :ua: may really = :msu: instead. After all, everybody has been comparing their coaches for the last 2 years anyway...

I don't really care what YOUR count is.  I think the sports editor of the Tuscaloosa News, the biggest Alabama homer in the media world, would make sure Bama got credit for anything and everything they could claim.

235242[/snapback]

You guys are funny :big:

1981 - Alabama, Georgia

1982 - Georgia

1983 - Auburn

1984 - No Title -- Florida forfeits title

1985 - Tennessee

1986 - LSU

1987 - Auburn

1988 - Auburn, LSU

1989 - Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee

1990 - Tennessee

1991 - Florida

1992 - Alabama (Arkansas and South Carolina become SEC members. Championship game starts.)

1993 - Florida

1994 - Florida

1995 - Florida

1996 - Florida

1997 - Tennessee

1998 - Tennessee

1999 - Alabama

2000 - Florida

2001 - LSU

2002 - Georgia

2003 - LSU

2004 - Auburn

2005 - Georgia

235243[/snapback]

UAT didn't share the title with Georgia in 1981. While both finished 6-0 in the conference, the SEC website says the Alabama -Ole Miss game doesn't count in the standings, so UAT couldn't have shared the title...cause that would put UAT as 5-0 in the conference... Not sure why this game doesn't count. Perhaps somebody here can offer an explanation....

As far as your COUNT....better try your fingers again... Auburn won the SEC in 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, and 2004...That is FIVE.....Sort of like the THUMB coming in NOVEMBER... UAT won it in 1989, 1992, 1999, That's THREE..... Again, not sure why the SEC isn't counting the Ole miss/UAT game in 1981...

Alabama is credited with 81, I did miss count on AU's, so that's 5 (out of 6?) and ALabama 4 (out of 21!) man that is just terrible let me tell you...

since there has actually been a championship game, the count is what 2 - 1 ?

Alabama is credited with 81, I did miss count on  AU's, so that's 5 (out of 6?) and ALabama 4 (out of 21!) man that is just terrible let me tell you...

since there has actually been a championship game, the count is what 2 - 1 ?

235259[/snapback]

Then why is there an asterisk next to UAT and saying the UAT/Ole Miss game didn't count??? If it didn't count then thats only 5 wins for UAT vs. 6 for UGA... You do the math...wait...nevermind, we've seen your math...LOL...

Just noticed  :au:   and  :om:   share the same amount of SEC football titles  :poke:

235261[/snapback]

Which happens to be more than UAT, Good Point!

Archived