Don't believe the Tide has fallen?

GalensGhost

Just noticed  :au:   and  :om:   share the same amount of SEC football titles  :poke:

235261[/snapback]

Which happens to be more than UAT, Good Point!

235263[/snapback]

:lol:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could combine AU and Ole Miss SEC football titles, even throw in Floridas and it still wouldn't add up to Alabamas. lol

so :au: may = :om: afterall, don't feel bad though you guys still have a few more than Miss St and Vandy

You could combine AU and Ole Miss SEC football titles, even throw in Floridas and it still wouldn't add up to Alabamas. lol

so  :au:   may =  :om:   afterall, don't feel bad though you guys still have a few more than Miss St and Vandy

235272[/snapback]

smokies = :bawling::bawling::bawling::cry3:

Just a lil ole baby :no:

so  :au:   may =  :om:   afterall, don't feel bad though you guys still have a few more than Miss St and Vandy

235272[/snapback]

That wasn't your point thought, Nice try!

Alabama is credited with 81, I did miss count on  AU's, so that's 5 (out of 6?) and ALabama 4 (out of 21!) man that is just terrible let me tell you...

235259[/snapback]

Put down the bong. Only you are crediting bammer with the 1981 SEC title:

http://secsports.com/index.php?s=&change_w..._article_id=198

Scroll down and notice the little asterisk (that's the thing that looks kind of like a star) next to your record that season. As aupcolatiger tried to explain to you, the Ole Miss game didn't count in the standings...hence Georgia won the title and went to the Sugar Bowl while bammer went to the Cotton.

235274[/snapback]

Did you really think AU and Ole Miss had more football titles than :ua: or did you just not comprehend the post in the first place?

Funny how bama has an extra win on their schedule by beating Vandy and we are awarded the Conf Championship and you guys dont count it because we played one more game than the next best team...but in this case we have the same record and it doesnt count for the opposite reason.

Galen, having a background in the sports writing world, you should know that Cecil has been poor mouthing bama for about 3 years now. He said going into last year we would be lucky to win 6 games. He's doing the same thing finebaum has been doing for some time.

And you guys can add up the conf championships in badmitton or whatever...that does not outweigh our performances in basketball, baseball, and football this year.

BBall went to its 5th straight NCAA tourney (in a rebuilding year) and was 1 play away from going to the sweet 16

Baseball is 8th in the country and may still win the SEC

Football finished top 10 and had a 10 win season

Gymnastics didnt win the SEC championship...but they did finish 3rd in the nation

Softball will probably go to the cws

So those numbers are a tad misleading.

Auburn, by contrast...is terrible in basketball and baseball.

BG, you forgot to mention rock, paper, scissors.

Count up NC's though. Auburn 3, UA 0 (although a legitimate shot in softball, outside chance in baseball).

I find it hard to believe AU cares more about the 3 NCs they have this year than the constant vaccum like suckage coming from beard eaves and the ball park across the street.

Interesting note...on secsports.com there are 5 sports listed in the navigation header:Bama had successful seasons in 4 of the 5 sports. And have or had top 10 teams in 3 of the 5 sports. I can live with that. (by contrast, AU had good seasons in 2 of the 5 sports with no top 10 rankings in any of the 5)

Frankly, I'm tired of all the bammers whining.

235549[/snapback]

maybe if there wasn't so much :ua: talk going around here, nobody would be here stating some facts, err I mean "whining"

Frankly, I'm tired of all the bammers whining.

235549[/snapback]

maybe if there wasn't so much :ua: talk going around here, nobody would be here stating some facts, err I mean "whining"

235554[/snapback]

Or maybe you need to find a better hobby. Ya... its an Auburn board... did you just figure this one out?

Ya... its an Auburn board... did you just figure this one out?

235555[/snapback]

I came here to see how :au: spring was looking and the first four threads on this board had to do with :ua:;) , for this to be an Auburn board y'all sure do love to talk about some :ua::football:

This board does seem to be morphing from 'War Eagle Nation' to 'Bama Hater Nation', which, while close, is not quite the same thing.

I find it hard to believe AU cares more about the 3 NCs they have this year than the constant vaccum like suckage coming from beard eaves and the ball park across the street.

235528[/snapback]

Fortunately...things will get better in AU baseball and basketball...while the same cannot be said for Bamar Futbol! :moon:

:au::homer:

Ya... its an Auburn board... did you just figure this one out?

235555[/snapback]

I came here to see how :au: spring was looking and the first four threads on this board had to do with :ua:;) , for this to be an Aubarn board y'all sure do love to talk about some :ua::football:

235557[/snapback]

DUH!!! That's because we hate them...and UT too! Get it, got it, GOOD!!!

:poke:

235528[/snapback]

Fortunately...things will get better in AU baseball and basketball...while the same cannot be said for Bamar Futbol! :moon:

235576[/snapback]

The progressive improvement of Bama football over the last 3 seasons compared to the decline of AU baseball and basketball over the same period would tend to prove your statement false. ;)

235528[/snapback]

235576[/snapback]

The progressive improvement of Bama football over the last 3 seasons compared to the decline of AU baseball and basketball over the same period would tend to prove your statement false. ;)

235608[/snapback]

I would wait and see how this year shakes out for you guys before I jumped up and down talking about "progressive improvement". What will this year be when it is worse than lasts? Not digging here just asking.

I came here to see how  :au:   spring was looking and the first four threads on this board had to do with  :ua:   ;)   , for this to be an Auburn board y'all sure do love to talk about some  :ua:   :football:

235557[/snapback]

It is sickening to see all the :ua: threads here. A few on this board do seem to have an obsession with the dark pink nation. The majority of us here, however, could give 2 hoots in hell less about them until game time.

Could be worse.....we could see some :ut: threads mixed in with 'em :puke:

235528[/snapback]

235576[/snapback]

235608[/snapback]

WEll, considering the last two times UAT won 10 games they've followed it up with LOSING SEASONS, I would be careful about talking about the "progressive improvement" of UAT football... Here's to keeping that tradition alive.... I do like the way Gilligan started his "Improvement" though, taking a 10 win team from the year before and "IMPROVING" them to 4-9...

WEll, considering the last two times UAT won 10 games they've followed it up with LOSING SEASONS, I would be careful about talking about the "progressive improvement" of UAT football... Here's to keeping that tradition alive.... I do like the way Gilligan started his "Improvement" though, taking a 10 win team from the year before and "IMPROVING" them to 4-9...

Well lets see...the first was the year we went on probation...the second was the year after we lost our coach.

But hey, the last time AU was preseason top 5 they finished 7-5...so i guess you guys can go ahead and pencil in the trip to Shreveport. :rolleyes:

My argument still stands. Which shows more promise and progression? UA football or AU basketball?

Guest Tigrinum Major
UA football or AU basketball?

235620[/snapback]

Sadly, many Auburn fans care more about the former than the latter.

235274[/snapback]

Did you really think AU and Ole Miss had more football titles than :ua: or did you just not comprehend the post in the first place?

235303[/snapback]

Your Point and the article's Point was about the last 25 years, Much like many other Bammer fans, You only Focus on the past. Hence, 1979 and below. Over the past 25 years AU has had more SEC titles than UAT. That is a fact. If you love dwelling on the past so much, Maybe UAT and Harvard should create a rivalry. Considering they have 52,000 more "national championships" than UAT. Then......You can call them your new rival (see Tennessee) due to the fact that your old rival dominates you on and off the playing field. Thanks for Playing!

Could be worse.....we could see some :ut: threads mixed in with 'em  :puke:

235617[/snapback]

They are mixed in.....It's just that they are all police reports.

Archived