Don't believe the Tide has fallen?

GalensGhost

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guess Cecil's musings fall a little short considering Bama is #2 in the SEC in the All Sports ranking and #12 in the nation:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/sion...0517/index.html

236122[/snapback]

Your link is only including Spring sports...with more weight on baseball and softball.

I tried to find the SEC All-Sports trophy standings since that takes into account fall, winter, and spring sports...but haven't had any luck.

That would be more telling.

Still a far cry from comparing us to Ole Miss and Miss St wouldnt you say?

Id say a #8 finish in football and an NCAA tourney appearance in Basketball wouldnt hurt our fall showing either.

Still a far cry from comparing us to Ole Miss and Miss St wouldnt you say?

Id say a #8 finish in football and an NCAA tourney appearance in Basketball wouldnt hurt our fall showing either.

236128[/snapback]

Oh its not a bad showing at all.

Keep in mind I'm not one to constantly bash Alabama...sometimes I wish this board was more pro-Auburn and less anti-Alabama...

I was just pointing out that it was just spring sports taken into account there...though the article did say after spring was through they would do a final one that took everything into account. Hopefully someone will post it here when it comes out.

Guess Cecil's musings fall a little short considering Bama is #2 in the SEC in the All Sports ranking and #12 in the nation:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/sion...0517/index.html

236122[/snapback]

Adding academics to the equation presents a whole different picture. USA Today recently ranked school's FB programs based on a combination of rankings in the Coaches Poll and the NCAA Progress Rate.

The Top Five are:

1. Boston College 982 points

2. Auburn 981

3. Florida 966

4. Fla. St. 959

5. Penn St. 957

--

--

22. bama 916

Guess that proves bama FB players are a bunch of dummies. :big::big:

Archived