Americans missing the good ole days...

TexasTiger

(CNN) -- In a new poll comparing President Bush's job performance with that of his predecessor, a strong majority of respondents said President Clinton outperformed Bush on a host of issues.

The poll of 1,021 adult Americans was conducted May 5-7 by Opinion Research Corp. for CNN. It had a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 3 percentage points.

Respondents favored Clinton by greater than 2-to-1 margins when asked who did a better job at handling the economy (63 percent Clinton, 26 percent Bush) and solving the problems of ordinary Americans (62 percent Clinton, 25 percent Bush). (Watch whether Americans are getting nostalgic for the Clinton era -- 1:57)

On foreign affairs, the margin was 56 percent to 32 percent in Clinton's favor; on taxes, it was 51 percent to 35 percent for Clinton; and on handling natural disasters, it was 51 percent to 30 percent, also favoring Clinton.

Moreover, 59 percent said Bush has done more to divide the country, while only 27 percent said Clinton had.

When asked which man was more honest as president, poll respondents were more evenly divided, with the numbers -- 46 percent Clinton to 41 percent Bush -- falling within the poll's margin of error. The same was true for a question on handling national security: 46 percent said Clinton performed better; 42 percent picked Bush.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/05/12/bus...poll/index.html

Yeah, sure was nice when the media carried the water for the President and didn't try to sabotage or hijack his administration at every single turn.

Yeah, sure was nice when the media carried the water for the President and didn't try to sabotage or hijack his administration at every single turn.

235120[/snapback]

Perhaps your most psychotic post to date. The media cowtowed to Bushco throughout his first term. They hounded Clinton over every BS allegation. 80 million dollars to find out he...gasp...liked oral sex.

My favorite t-shirt about Bush, "Will someone give this guy a BJ so we can impeach him?"

235120[/snapback]

Perhaps your most psychotic post to date. The media cowtowed to Bushco throughout his first term. They hounded Clinton over every BS allegation. 80 million dollars to find out he...gasp...liked oral sex.

My favorite t-shirt about Bush, "Will someone give this guy a BJ so we can impeach him?"

235121[/snapback]

And perhaps YOUR most psychotic post to date. You think the media didn't hyper extend itself to praise Clinton while kissing his a$$ at the same time? Sure, they grudgingly reported his misdeeds ( and how could they not ? ) but they didn't float bogus stories that had been released months prior in hopes of sabotaging one of his appointments right on the eve of his confirmation hearings. Or better still, re-release a story shortly before the 2004 election about Iraq which had already occured and been reported YEARS ago. Or made up faked documents (CBS/ Dan Rather ), agian, right before the election w/ the expressed intent to derail his campaign.

Ray Charles wasn't as blind as you when it comes seeing reality.

Tex, you are not going to convince Tiger and others of anything--so why try? I'm 62 years old and I have seen several administrations- both Democrat and Republican. I can tell you now that there were good Presidents from both parties. However, having been raised on a farm in Alabama, I can also tell you that Democratic Presidents and a Democratic House and Senate were better for farmers and working class people that Republicans ever were. In fact, it seemed for over 40 years that Republicans didn't h ave a clue about real rural or working class life. This "conservative" and "moral high road" thing they have invented is nothing more than a tactic to be elected once they determined that democrats had been infiltrated with minorities and gays. On another note, Americans have always b een somewhat liberal in their philophies or this country would never have been formed. Now, the Pubics use the term to try and illustrate the Demo's relationship with the aforementioned groups. As the country becomes more and more wealthy and crooked, Republicans will increase their power until America has had enough of their antics. That may come sooner than they think, particularly with their war adventures and high deficits.

This "conservative" and "moral high road" thing they have invented is nothing more than a tactic to be elected once they determined that democrats had been infiltrated with minorities and gays.

m-8480.jpg

Ahhhhh, pining for the "good ole days".... When the Democratic Party was White, heterosexual, and actually represented middle class voters?

Shug, I agree with you. The Dems just dont really represent enough real people to get elected to anything anymore. I switched to the Republicans after being shut out of the Dem party just as Reagan said. They have no room anymore for any conservatives. They do not want them, nor can they even tolerate them. Richard Shelby left the Dems saying "There is no room for a conservative in the Democratic Party anymore" in 1994?

Now, I am sorry to admit, the Republicans now act like Tip O'Neill Dems. They spend money like sailors at a whore house. There may be a real movement to start a valid third party that represents middle class, educated, fiscally conservative, concerned citizens, not the Demo-Limo Liberals nor the Country Club Republicans.

DKW, Damn well stated! ;):thumbsup:

Archived