Renovation news

Erik81

I am likely to take a job with the architecture firm that is doing the renovations on the west side of the stadium. I was visiting with them a couple of days ago and they showed me drawings and plans of the project and it will be very similar to the renovations done a few years ago to the south endzone (the same firm is doing it). There will be the same interlocking AU in the gates and decorative elements. The fence will be pushed out away from the stadium to create a plaza to reduce conjestion from people entering and exiting the stadium. There will also be more gates. There will also be a space for possibly some kind of statue or monument in the near future (kinda like the tiger in the endzone plaza).

Also the stadium is going to switch to tickets that are scanned instead of torn.

That's cool. I thought you took a job last year with an architecture firm? I recall you making a comment about how a lot of people in that firm were Auburn grads and were doing the renovations to Bryant Denny.

I kinda like how the west side of the stadium currently is. Where exactly are these plans set for on the west side? Like where that will-call office is? Or down that alley?

I think you are thinking of the east side of the stadium. I was interviewing with the firm that did BD-I didn't work there. :thumbsup:

Yea that picture of from the West Side, but they are still new renovations.

The interlocking AU's at the student entrance are new for next year...I noticed them putting it on walking to class this past semester.

yeah all that's gonna look really sweet when it gets finished. it's so hard to walk past JHS every day just longing for it to be football season!

Archived