Cox & Irons Top 100 Heisman favorites

vatz22au

32. QB Brandon Cox, Auburn – After a rocky opener versus Georgia Tech, Cox settled down and became exactly what the Tigers needed—a steady hand that wouldn’t make costly mistakes.  Now, he’s a year older and ready to become more than just an error-free quarterback on an Auburn team that should be pre-season Top 10.

link

13. RB Kenny Irons, Auburn – An expat, who began his college career at South Carolina, Irons was the SEC’s newcomer of the year in 2005, succeeding Carnell Williams and Ronnie Brown better than anyone could have expected.  In running for more than 100 yards in the Tigers’ final six league games, he allowed QB Brandon Cox to mature at a manageable pace.

link

The links weren't available yet on the main page so I just filled in the corresponding numbers on the link...and wallah, the rest of the list.

I'm surprized to see Brandon Cox that high. It'll only be his second year of starting, and he's replacing 3/4 of his receiving corp and a mountain mascarading as tackle. I think he'll be good, and strong enough to hold up his share of CAB's balanced pass&run offense, but I'm not expecting Heisman numbers. Now, if he continue to grow under Borges (a la Jason Campbell), and continues to have the talent around him, perhaps his senior year?

I'd definitely put Kenny in the top 20, though. 13th probably on the postiive extreme of the realistic range...

[Here's a question: If Kenny should start drawing national Heisaman talk, how many times will networks play the 'calling 200 yds against LSU & delivering' story?]

I think the Sporting News is going to name the top 11 football programs in the SEC. Really thrilling stuff since MSU, VU and UK will be fighting to make the list at #11.

Anything to have a little football this time of year.

236694[/snapback]

I feel the pain also. I have watched every one of the 04 TV games at least twice this month.

Yea...Gonna have to break down and get a bunch of games on DVD. Been surviving on VCR tapes for too long.

I wish I had the 2004 games on DVD or VHS.. I would love to just go back and watch how our offense manhandled teams.. it was awesome. A season that I will never forget. There are some seasons in the past that are really jumbled (even if they are good ones).. but the 2004 season is more clear to me than the 2005 season.

Just view it as the top 100 players in the nation if the heisman favorite thing sounds a lil out there.

Anything to have a little football this time of year.

236694[/snapback]

I feel the pain also. I have watched every one of the 04 TV games at least twice this month.

236695[/snapback]

you got all the 04 games hook a sista up!

Archived